“Perfect Business Hotel”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a great hotel if your business takes you in the metro Minneapolis area, especially near the airport. The hotel seemed newer and the rooms were in really great shape. Nice TV, great channel selection, spacious room, good workstation.

The bar Olives and the Chophouse looked good, but I went else where. There seemed to be a good deal of places nearby to eat, but you would need a vehicle. Parking is free which is a plus.

The only drawback, which isn't the hotel's fault is the traffic and road construction in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Jim and his staff are outstanding. I stayed there frequently throughout 2010 and 2011 for work -- and a couple times for leisure. They always treated me and the rest of my team with the greatest respect and kindness; even at the busiest of times.
The lounge is an excellent location for quick meetings and socializing in the evenings. It also has a great breakfast spread on weekday mornings.
The workout room is more than sufficient with several machines and some free weights (dumbbells). I never used the pool, but it looks like a nice area.
There are a few restaurants you can walk to, but the hotel's shuttle can get you to just about any restaurant in the immediate area. It will also take you to the Mall of America where you can pick up the light-rail to get downtown.

Overall, I cannot say enough great things about this property. I've averaged 133 nights in hotels a year for the last 8 years and this hotel is unquestionably in my top 5.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Patrick,

Words cannot express my gratitude for such a remarkable review and recommendation. I appreciate all the wonderful comments regarding our Team and Hotel. We take great Pride in the Hospitality we provide our guests. We strive to make sure every guest feels Cared for, Valued and Respected.

Thank you for all the business over the years.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

room wasnt ready when i arrived at the hotel at 2 pm, not complaining coz the staffs were friendly.
nice and cozy suite hotel. perfect location for 1 night transit.
high frequency shuttle service to MOA is a big plus to this hotel.
breakfast was ok, typical american breakfast.
bed was too soft for my liking.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for writing a review recommending our hotel. Your feedback is appreciated. We do have a very friendly team that cares about are guests.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff at this Hilton location were wonderful; very friendly, attentive and responsive to the needs of each guest. The accommodations were very comfortable and extremely clean. Staff offered us a shuttle to the Mall while we were waiting for a flight and later picked us up with our luggage to take us to the airport. Great service!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Valerie,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and loved to hear you experienced Exceptional service which is what we strive to provide. I look forward to passing on your comments to our team. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Upbeat staff, clean rooms and well-decorated. Room service was excellent quality and fast. Lively bar scene at the Olive on site. Only downside is current construction in the area which makes it difficult to walk or run outside around the hotel area. Close to meeting rooms and many restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Steve M

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the different areas of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed our clean rooms, upbeat staff, and quality of our food. I am fortunate to work with an outstanding crew.

I apologize for the road construction. It should be done soon!

All the Best,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The bathroom ameniities, linens, and bed comfort, cleanliness were exceptional. Booking ahead of time through hotels.com was a mistake however, as I was overcharged for upgrading to a suite. I also signed up for the Honors program and have triple A membership. My key envelope price quote was $50 less than what the final bill charge was. I enjoyed the executive suite privileges but since I was getting them at a premium price, I did not appreciate having to also retrieve phone messages with sales pitches. I ventured down to the empty lounge for a bitter tasting beer poured by a sour tempered bartender. The pool looked WAY too small for the size of the hotel and was too crowded to try out. The suite size was nice but I did not like the layout as it was just two adjoining rooms and the door had to be propped open with my cooler. I should have just gotten 2 rooms instead. The Starbucks coffee and breakfast on the executive floor were excellant.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate the kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms. I am glad you enjoyed the beds, and the breakfast on the Executive floor. I am sorry about the billing mix up with Hotels.com. If there something I can do, please feel free to contact me directly.

Jim

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great looking hotel and rooms. Everything is updated and new. The rooms look as good as the lobby (not always the case). The rooms are quiet, the doors do not slam, and my room was clean. All good and expected for the price. I had a king room on the 7th floor, love the comforter cover on the bed, flat-screen TV and ample counter space in the bath.
I was checked-in quickly but I could see I had just missed a long wait as it seemed that the desk staff have a lot of other things to do besides check people in.
My only complaint (and the reason for ranking the hotel a 4 instead of a 5) is the cost for internet service. Unless you are a Diamond Hilton Member you pay $10/day/
The room was $200/night. I think internet access should be included--most hotels at this price point include it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I appreciate your glowing feedback about our hotel. However, I’m sorry that the cost of our internet service was a concern. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am currently addressing this issue with our staff to review. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I invite you to consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the area