“Great place to stay near mall of America”

Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great place to stay near mall of America”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have greatly enjoyed out stay at the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington. The rooms are clean. The shuttle takes you to and from the mall (and anywhere else within five miles including the airport). The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank JennHenz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Minneapolis
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our non profit organization had a outstanding time at this Hotel. Here is my review:
Needs improvement:
>The main restaurant needs better pricing--way too expensive for dinner
>Temperture in the overall facility was too cold (hallways; lobby)---needs to be warmer
>Airport pickup was not on time for the pickup from flights
>Evening snack in HHonors-Executive Lounge was not good.....mostly fried items
Really liked:
>Clean rooms; hotel; pool area; etc
>Service outstanding
>Breakfast in the HHonors Lounge very good
>GM of hotel is a great guy and a true 'servant' to his guests
>Work out facility was really nice for a smaller hotel
>Meeting planner--she was outstanding
>Lunches we ordered were really good; creative; healthy;
>Meeting room was excellant

Room Tip: Stay in HHonors rooms so you can get the Executive Lounge to use
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HLICguy
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington and for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our guest rooms, amenities and service, and we will take your comments as a gift as we are continually working to improve our guest experience. We appreciate the opportunity to service the needs of your group and value the business your organization provides us! I certainly appreciate all feedback and please know we will review with our team to make our hotel better. I enjoyed meeting you and your fine group during your stay. We hope you will again have your group return to Bloomington and our hotel. Thanks again!

MN
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Came down for the weekend for some shopping. Front desk was very helpful, very quick check in. For the cleanliness of the rooms, I would have expected to pay more. Pool is small but nice and clean. Restaraunt had a great selection and very curteous. We will be back.

Room Tip: All rooms seem close to the elevators. Pool is right off the elevators. Very easy to get to.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank livsmom5131
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our front desk staff know that they contributed to your enjoyment. We hope to see you again soon.

Northern Minnesota
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Our service was excellent. The front desk clerk called shortly after check-in to ask if I had left a bag in the lobby(I had) and promptly ran it up to me. Our room was great, really deep desktop for all our various electronic devices with a built in power strip to match. The bed was nice and the toiletries were top notch. Nice size flat screen TV(not too big!). I had forgotten my curling iron at home, and they offerred to shuttle me to the nearby store to pick up another- another example of excellent customer service.

The hotel is easily seen from the freeway, and has easy access in and out of facility. The restaurant was always full, although we did not have the opportunity to try it out. What I can say is that lots of others did eat there! The breakfast menu at the hotel had some unusual dishes, showing creativity at work. I recommend the hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Duluth_Kids
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
To Valued Guest:
Thank you for all the wonderful words of praise regarding our hotel in the quality and creativity of our restaurant. I am pleased our staff was so attentive to your needs, and that you enjoyed the amenities in our guest rooms. Your strong recommendations to stay here are much appreciated.
We look foward to your next stay with us.

Minneapolis
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed here several weekend evenings and we only live 1/2 hour away. Front desk is very friendly, rooms are extremely comfortable and the beds are as comfortable as you will find in this area. Restaurant is above average for a hotel restaurant. Only complaint is that the bartenders should not be so "Minnesota Nice". They should serve drinks and leave you alone.....and I live here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ice_harvester
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stays and I’m glad that you found our guest rooms, ChopHouse restaurant and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. Also, thank you for the feedback in relation to our bartenders, as we are always looking for ways to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here with the family while in town to see a play downtown. Got a great rate via Priceline. Staff went above and beyond, upgrading me to free wifi without blinking an eye even though I they knew I was on a low pre-paid rate. Room was clean, with very comfortable beds. Coffee and bathroom amenities in the room were much appreciated. Love the location, easy access to freeway and shopping, plus it is close to Senser's Sports Bar. Even the Denny's next door is nice and clean for breakfast. Will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I just returned from my stay at the Hilton Bloomington. I will start off by saying it was worth every penny we paid. We actually got a pretty good deal on Expedia, which is why we chose this hotel. Everyone is SO friendly. I didn't have one bad encounter with staff. Jacob at the front desk was so helpful with finding us a town car to get to and from our concert. Jamie who drives the shuttle to the mall was very friendly as well!

Our room was no. 624 and it was beautiful. The bed was huge and so comfortable. The bathroom was so nice, its hard being back at home getting used to my small shower!

We did not use the fitness area, or pool, but did go check them out and they were both good sizes.

We did not have any problems with this hotel. I will stay here next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
jimwaldvogel, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for the great review! Our staff works very hard to provide personalized and diligent service to all of our guests! I am also pleased you enjoyed our spacious rooms and experienced value which we strive to provide.

Thank you again, we look forward to your next visit!

All the Best,