“Great rooms and great staff!”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here Oct. 24- 25 and were very impressed. I used to work for IHG hotels and have stayed at many Crowne Plazas. This is by far the best. The rooms are beautiful, large and the bed was so comfortable! The staff were fabulous from the airport shuttle driver (who we later found out is the Front Desk Manager) to the restaurant food and beverage manager. They were all friendly, professional and accommodating! The food in the restaurant/bar was very good. We have never been to Minneapolis but we will return! Thanks Crowne Plaza for turning an annoying situation of missing our flight home, to a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Higher floor have a great view of the city!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a great hotel with an amazing gym!! The room was very clean and modern with refrigerators and microwaves in the room. The staff listens to you and make sure they can do whatever it takes to make your stay AWESOME!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

On my recent stay:
- no room service. They requested that I come down and pick up my order. Not kidding!
- I had to exchange three different clothes irons because they would not work, or leak water or something
- bldg and rooms are in need of renovation
- a few of the wall outlets were non functional

I mean REALLY? that's what I get for $179+tax?

Stayed: October 2013
Jim K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

To Akritori:
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Tripadvisor for us. I am really embarrassed to hear about your experience at our hotel. Please contact me so I can hear more about your experience and address it with the correct people. Thanks again.

Jim Kasper

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Free Shuttle from airport a big plus. Shuttle will also take you to the Mall of America. Great Concierge Lounge. Breakfast Buffet was just ok... nothing special. Full service bar was nice for meetings . Staff was great with any questions or needs. Great Wi-Fi speed but still wondering why so may Crowns have analog television signals in a digital HD world.

Was here on business, so no bathing suit with me but the indoor pool looked really nice.

Mall very close, use hotel shuttle or train station just outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bosco125
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Until about midnight my stay had been very good - on the executive floor (13th) the rooms were very spacious, they had a nice lounge with food in the evening so I didn't need to go out for dinner. Then about midnight I started hearing mice in the walls right behind my headboard. And I said mice instead of mouse because there were definitely several. (I live near a cornfield at home, so I know this sound when I hear it.) This time it was so loud that I couldn't get back to sleep and ended up turning on the TV for the rest of the night just to have background noise.

If that hadn't happened, everything with this hotel would have been fine. The parking ramp is a long ways from where the hotel rooms are, so keep that in mind if you're traveling with a family or a lot of luggage.

Also, I didn't see her name but there was a very helpful girl behind the desk who volunteered to give a guest a ride to the airport after he just missed the shuttle. I would have rather seen him miss his flight as he was one of those guys who thinks he can show up at the airport at the last minute and still make his flight.....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tc3399
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a quick train ride from the airport and is a nice hotel. It's a bit cramped in the lobby, but the rooms are nice and clean. I was just here for business so didn't care about anything else, but it'd be easy to ride the train into downtown Minneapolis or over to the Mall of America; the hotel was running a shuttle to the latter, as well. There's also a restaurant on-site that has a selection of soft drinks in a refrigerated case.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stay here every time my friend is in from Boston. In the past month we stayed her twice. I like it cause of the bar. Well it's mostly just the bartender if I knew how to spell her name I would give her the credit and also the waitress Lindsey if I spelt her name right. Those are the two many reasons why we love this place and keep coming back. We can get sloppy drunk and have never been kicked out. The drinks are strong and good. I just wish when I drop like 300-400 in the bar in one night I could get like a free breakfast hahaha. Oh and the rooms are nice but we always get a two bed suite. I'll be back.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends