“It was ok.”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #34 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here at this hotel because of a corporate training that took place here.

The hotel is very close to the airport and to the Mall of Americas, so the position is fantastic in the case you will be all the time at the hotel (as I was), because you won't be needing a rental car to or from the airport, and to or from the mall as this hotel offers transportation.

Cleaning was good, food was ok, rooms are well sized, friendly staff, average cable plan.

Now be aware that the hotel its already showing its age, colors are very dark, but its ok.

This is not the hotel I would take my family for a vacation, but for a good business stay and very decent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stay here frequently on business trips. The hotel is convenient to the airport and a block from the light rail that goes both downtown and to the mall of America. Service is generally good. The rooms are somewhat worn out. The bar / restaurant is almost fine. On the positive, the hotel gym is fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear DDO89,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I had a perfect stay. Complimentary shuttles to both the airport and Mall of America was very convenient. Location right beside the Light Rail Transit was also great. Staff was wonderful, service with a smile. The complimentary hot apple cider drink in the lobby amidst the grueling winter cold outside was a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here with the family for a quick trip to the Mall of America. They had an airport shuttle and a shuttle to the Mall which both were 5 minutes away.
Desk staff was very nice and although I couldn't use my Priority Club # to get points, bc I booked a $89 rate on Hotwire, she still upgraded us to a suite.
The beds were comfy but the hallway carpets seemed dated or maybe they just need to brighten the hallway up. Fitness area looked really nice but didn't get a chance to use it.
Shuttle drivers were all very nice and professional.
The waitress at Martel's Restaurant was OK and so was the nacho's and chicken wings we all had.
The spinach salad was pretty tasty though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here overnight before a promotion test, and I must say, this was an awesome hotel to relax before a big test. The front desk personnel were pleasant, and assisted me with a speedy check-in. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, and everything else about the room was spot on! I would stay here again, in a heart beat! As a matter of fact, I am going back to this hotel with family, this weekend!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the Third floor, easier to the parking garage.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before an early flight from the airport. Park and fly service was great. Picked up promptly both to and from the airport. Was a great service when we flew back and it was snowing heavily were picked up and dropped off at the front door. Rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable. Wish they had a continental breakfast but knew that before we stayed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had just the 1 night, which included most of an afternoon. In house bar and restaurant was just ok, service was friendly, food quality could have been better.

Room was clean and quiet.

Breakfast service was slow. Another customer asked 3 times for a special order before it came. Buffet wasn't that great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Ben W,

Thank you for your feed back in regards to your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you liked our friendly service and room accommodations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, we are sorry that the food quality and breakfast service did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your review will be used to consider needed improvements. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P