“Great Place To Stay”

Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was hesitant to stay at this hotel because of some of the negative reviews I read, but Im glad I booked this property. I was there for a couple of days to go to the 49ers/Vikings game. The hotel is very close to the light rail station and to the MOA. I didn't arrive at the hotel until about 3 in the morning and they still had my room reserved. The room was clean, an adaquate size and the bathroom was very large and had very good lighting. The beds were amazing also. The only negative to the hotel is the parking. You have to park in a garage adjacent to the property and its very difficult to get a space close to the hotel. I would definately recommend this property and I will stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Zadorasue, Manager at Crowne Plaza MSP Airport - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Fosworld23,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our location and that you will definitely be back!

We look forward to having you as our guest again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was hesitant about this hotel after booking, based on the extensive time I spent poring over some of the negative reviews. Upon checking in, I was relieved with the quick and professional service, as well as clean and well-appointed rooms. One of my concerns was that it was going to feel like an old facility, even with recent updates, but I did not notice the age of the building at all. I did have a couple of small things that needed replacement, a coffee pot and power box for the fridge/microwave, which had probably seen their time. Overall, it was a beatiful place for my daughter's birthday, especially perfect with the big pool and hot tub to keep us occupied. Definitely a great value compared to other hotels I've stayed at. The one improvement I can think of is an inclusive breakfast buffet like some other suburban hotels in this price range.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sefah

Dear Sefah,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Bloomington. Good and bad, guest feedback is invaluable and it is how we learn where we can still improve. I was pleased to read that you had a great experience for your daughter’s birthday.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I chose the Crowne Plaza due to the fact it was close to the airport and offered park and fly and a shuttle to and from the airport. What we didn't expect was the wonderful customer service. Everyone was so friendly, the room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear brunsc,

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I was pleased to read that you took advantage of our park and fly package. I was even more delighted to read that you thought the staff at our location had great customer service.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Son, wife and I stayed here for 2 nights to catch twins game and visit mall of america. We were given upgrade because the desk lady saw that my wife was rooming with my son and I, she said my wife could have her own TV. Room faced airport but hotel is far enough from airport that you could not hear planes. Only problem was that beds are only full size and wife and I sleep in Cal king and my son has queen in his apartment so beds seemed small to us. Room was nice and big and cleaned on our day out on town. Nice large pool and fitness room. Nice coffee shop and small general store area to pick up small items you may have forgot. Hotel will provide items you forget but store has more of the other stuff. If your going to mall or any games downtown take lite rail that is just out side hotel. We took lite rail to game and happen to luck out and score to free passes someone left in machine and bought one event pass for only 4 bucks for 6 hours use. We would most likely stay here on another trip if timing was right. There is shuttle to mall but only was running ever 2 hours when we went. Seems that it could run hourly in the mornings and night but it was still free.

Room Tip: Don't look for free breakfast and book cheap and hope for upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is close to the mall and Ikea. As stated before, it is obviously an older hotel. I agree with another traveler we booked over hotwire and anything over $100 would be too much. The room ventilation leaves a little to be desired as it appears there is no way for you to get fresh air just recirculate the existing air with a fan. Lots of little things are broken or missing like no cover for the remote battery compartment and the batteries kept falling out. Two rolls of toilet paper almost empty but no toilet rolls to be had anywhere ---had to hunt down the cleaning cart for some. The air conditioning unit is broken and coming way from the wall and a piece of trim had fallen off the counter undet the TV. The room however was clean, something that is important to me. When I called the desk to have the second non working remote replaced they took their sweet time and the fellow at the desk seemed uninterested. They did eventually replace it with a working one. The check- in however was smooth and timely.
When sitting in the dining room in front of the windows I noticed the blinds were filthy. The manager happened to go by and he looked and ackowledged it and was gracious. However, they should have done something for the customer... even a free coffee would be nice.. I paid to sit beside very dirty dining room blinds. If upgrades are done consistently this place could be better. But not at all a bad place to stay if you don't mind the small annoyances.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is quite nice. Rooms are well appointed and fairly good size. It is really close to MSP International airport. And their park n fly rates are very convenient and affordable. I stay here often.

Room Tip: The concierge floor is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed one night as we had friends in from out of town staying there. Spent the day at the fair and wanted to play games and have cocktails and not have to drive home. Check in was quick and very professional, it was nice to be recognized as a Priority Club member. We had a suite and liked the extra room, refrigerator, coffee pot, two TV's and microwave. We were able to organize the room so we could sit around the table. I think the parking in the ramp and taking the walkway to the hotel is a little putzy, but we only stayed one night. The pool and whirlpool looked huge, but didn't try them. Breakfast was $12 for the buffet, and it had plenty of choices.
I do still prefer the Hyatt Place as it had a free breakfast and the rooms were even bigger, had all of the above, and a sink. Internet was free at both hotels but also slow at both.

Room Tip: I liked the suites primarily for the refrig and more room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple