“Favorite hotel here”

Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stay here frequently. Tried the main line Marriott, but the Courtyard is better! I am glad they have not changed to the new bistro style Courtyard model. I dislike that new design! They have a good restraunt and a nice lobby bar that you will actually feel comfortable hanging out in.
In the winter time I love the underground parking!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Darrynm, Manager at Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I will pass your compliments on to the staff. Thank you for discovering us.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is located very closely to the Mall of America, airport and Ikea, which makes this the perfect hotel if you have any of those destinations on your itinerary. The hotel and rooms are clean and the staff are friendly, which are my two biggest criteria. We had a room with a balcony that faced the freeway. At first I though it would be really noisy but the glass doors did a decent job of masking the sound and I found the "white noise" from the traffic comforting. The free Internet was adequate but you can pay a little more if you want a faster connection. The breakfast buffet was good, although a little pricey. I think it was almost $11. The bartender, in the lounge, makes some fantastic drinks and is great at recommendations.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Used to stay here more regularly but have not in a few months. Marriott staff and facilities are in a "league of their own" in quality, courtesy and attention to customer needs.

On this trip I found two things that surprised and frustrated me. First, the free coffee in the lobby tastes terrible. Early AM coffee that tastes good IS a big deal to me. Other Marriott locations I have patronized do not have this problem. Second, I had to call the Internet tech support to "unblock" my web access FOUR TIMES in an evening. My evening time on the road is full of business work on spreadsheets, email, company database access (in the cloud) often requiring a few internet browsing windows open. Tech support indicated I had too many browser windows open. This never happens at any other Marriott location at which I stay anywhere and I rack up > 100 nights/yr on the road with Marriott. This experience will dissuade me from booking here again in near future.

Room Tip: Away from I-94 on higher floor is nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice, and the airport/mall shuttle was convenient (also with friendly staff) It is located with OUTBACK restaurant next door and a few other places within a decent walkable distance (or possibly dropped off by shuttle driver so tip well!) A quick shuttle to the mall to catch the train downtown. All of these things made it easy for us to fly in for our 4 day stay without renting a car or paying slightly more to stay downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is great for the price. It was very clean, the staff were helpful and pleasant. It has a shuttle to Mall of America and airport. It is less than a minute from the mall. The pool is warm and nice. Our room was clean and well maintained.
The only complaints I have about this hotel are that the beds are the most uncomfortable beds I've ever kept in and there is one channel on TV for kids which is the Cartoon Network which is mainly inappropriate shows for kids. If you want to watch kids shows you have to pay or them.
I would definitely stay here again for this type of vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I often travel to Minnesota to visit relatives and have stayed in many different hotels. The Courtyard would have to be the best all rounder in terms of friendliness of staff, cleanliness, how well the room was appointed, bar and restaurant standard and value for money. When booking online we requested extra towels, particular pillow types and room level and all was provided upon on arrival. Being from out of town and arriving in the middle of a Minnesota winter, we loved the underground parking and considered it great value for only an additional ten dollars per day. We especially loved the breakfast offered, great selection of food and our favorite was the omelette where you selected your ingredients and the friendly chef's cooked fresh in front of you. The lobby was again well appointed and had a fire place and comfortable chairs to relax in. We loved the hotel so much, we stayed upon our return and brought our in-laws with us. Within ten minute drive (probably closer) to the airport and five minute drive to The Mall of America. Loved the fun and hospitality of the bar staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great hotel. Lobby is large and inviting with lots of little areas to sit and chat. Staff was very helpful. We requested a rollaway bed and it was delivered within minutes. Room was huge. Two queen beds and ample space to put the rollaway. We travel with one in a wheelchair and this had plenty of room to manuever. Sink and mirror is outside of the bathroom and if I had a complaint it would be that the countertop area was small. The hallways and rooms were very quiet. Mall of America is just a couple of minutes away. Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family