See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 16, 2010

While the price was reasonable, this hotel is in need of a makeover. The remote didn't work, the rooms seemed worn and dated. The front desk wasn't staffed when we left. When we checked in, a phone call interrupted our check in. The caller was given priority. The hotel has location going for it. It was near the airport and the Mall of America. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it. There are plenty of other options near by.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 64junebug
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Would recommend to anyone with family along but not as a romantic getaway. Spacious and clean. Very nice mini kitchen and roomy bathroom were larger than Ramada Inn Mall of America rooms.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Our friends booked our hotel through hotwire.com and this was what we were given. The outside of the hotel appeared nicely taken care of but once inside, ew. We asked for a nonsmoking room but could walk down the hall to our room and smell thick smoke coming from other rooms. Once inside our room, we could not smell the smoke anymore as now we were very overpowered by the smell of curry. The room had a small kitchenette but wow, the curry smell was awful. Bed was very small for two people. My husband is 6'3" and pretty much hung off the bed. Sheets were super thin and it being December, did not keep us warm enough - had to crank the heat. Tiny television, thin cold carpets. Not impressed and will probably never use a site like hotwire again to book a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank savvygal
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I was just looking for a no-frills, basic place to stay overnight for a business meeting nearby the next day. While I did not expect frills, this hotel was obviously more geared toward temporary housing, and appeared to be filled with many families, and had the feel of an apartment building rather than budget hotel. Perhaps I did not read closely enough on the reservation or website, but the front desk closes at 11 PM and I arrived shortly after. I had to buzz for awhile at the locked front door before a housekeeping person let me in, and the front desk did have my room key waiting. The room was spacious, very basic, but dirty. Had it been earlier in the evening with front desk staffed I would have asked for different room. Bed did not smell fresh, glass rings on the nightstands, coffee or beverage liquid in the sink and on the counter. Towels very thin and rough, and bed uncomfortable, with very thin pillows. Very noisy into the early morning hours, with adults yelling at children and tv blaring from nearby rooms at midnight, 1 AM.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MNnortherner
Reviewed September 10, 2007

Arrived late on a Friday night with a reservation. We checked in with us getting a King/non-smoking. Opened the door to find dirty dishes in sink, the bed unmade and an unflushed toilet. Obviously the room hadn't been cleaned. We called the desk and they told us to come down and get another key to a different room. Drug our luggage back down to the front desk where they handed us a key to a room two doors down from the first. Opened this room to find a queen sized bed instead of a king, but at least the room was clean. They said they were booked so there weren't any other rooms available, and they also said they had given me a free king upgrade even though Hotwire only requires them to give me a queen. Not sure how a upgrade to a dirty room is really an upgrade, but they acted like they were doing me a favor! I was told I could switch to the King room the next night and they would notify me when it was available. They never called! Bed was okay, and the place was clean except for the funky smell in the lobby. If it hadn't been for the $29 night rate I might have been more dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends