“Value for money”

Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington
Ranked #40 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed for 3 weeks on business. Comfortable room with kitchennette. Front desk staff Erica deserves a special appreciation. She was very friendly and helpful through the stay.
Expected hotel to have hot breakfast and fitness center. But I guess this is what we can expect for this price. Worth the money.

Room Tip: pick 2nd floor if you are a non smoker. the whole of 3rd floor smells like a smoking floor. Choose A...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Pros: great location, friendly staff. basic grab and go breakfast (coffee, instant oatmeal, oranges, packaged blueberry muffins, etc). Thick walls, always a plus for hotels, lots of washers and dryers to do laundry. Clean. Wide stairwells. Cons: are the smells, our bathroom had a bad odor so we had to get a plug-in air freshner and that helped. Elevator smelled like cigerette smoke. People smoked outside the main entrance as well. No automatic entrance doors, when you're hauling in a lot of stuff and have to pull open two sets of glass doors, its not a good thing.The room was small and the kitchen was small, ok for maybe 1-2 people, we had 4 in our party so it wasn't enough space for us. The entire place is in need of renovation, it reminded me of an old Motel 6. $2 to wash and $2 to dry your laundry. Not many channels on the TV. Internet access worked great though. It was ok for a few days but like everything else you get what you pay for. I would not stay here again only because we had young children and this place wasn't kid friendly, would have liked a playground, pool, more channels, that kind of thing. The only thing I really liked at this place was the very friendly staff, although I found most Minnesotans to be friendly. There is a great Goodwill store right across the street and we went there to get jackets and pants because we were unprepared for cold weather in July and its worth taking a look, great bargains there!

2  Thank 4jolly_ranchers
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed our location, friendly staff and onsite laundry facilities. Still, I am sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn't a pleasant one overall. Please know, our staff is striving to improve our offerings. In fact, our hotel is going to be receiving some refreshes in the coming months which includes room upgrades.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at blm@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We checked in at 2:00 AM after a long drive. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are dated but we didn't mind, because it was clean. We got a great price on Priceline and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the helpful and friendly staff. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel is extremely outdated. There were stains on the carpet. The beds are extremely hard. While taking a shower the drain was extremely slow. There is NO housekeeping service unless you pay $5.00 extra per day, or if you stay 8+ days then they will service your room. I stayed for 2 nights and was already paying $89.00 per night, I expected to receive housekeeping service.
We had a coupon that we printed for $20.00 of our stay. We called before we came to make sure they would honor the coupon, she said yes bring it in we will deduct it when you check in. When we checked in she said you can use this when you check out. When we checked out she said you had to use this on line we cannot honor it. What??!!! We talked with 3 different employees, apparently they do not know hotel procedures.
They have a grab and go breakfast, which consists of granola bars, wrapped muffins and oatmeal. We ended up visiting Perkins up the street.

3  Thank kereez
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced in your room with cleanliness and items in need of repair. In response, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to correct these issues and ensure they are not repeated in the future. As well, I am very sorry for the misunderstanding about the coupon. Please know, we have honored the coupon and given you a refund. T

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Where do I start? No transportation, not enough beds for our party of 4, no cots. They expected my family to sleep on the floor or all in the same small bed. Needless to say, we left right away and went somewhere else!

Room Tip: Get one with the appropriate number of beds needed!
1  Thank TimC442
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Tim - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we were unable to accommodate your reservation request. Please know, we always try to honor our reservations; however, are not always able to due to availability within the hotel. To ensure that this does not happen again, I am working with our staff to improve our reservation process and check-in system.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife decided to come with my son and i asked for a double bed or a roll away cot and they had neither. The toilet ran all night,frig was loud, the room smelled like smoke. There is construction going on both sides of entrance of hotel. The location seemed to be safe, the internet was fast and great. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: They don't provide double beds.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to honor your request for a room with double beds, as well for the smoke smell in your room. Still, we are pleased to hear that our staff provided you with friendly service and the free WiFi was to your satisfaction.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for business. I booked it through hotwire so I thought it would be decent. It was dirty, smelly and generally unclean. I strongly advise you book your stay elsewhere. I only gave it two stars because the staff was nice and were good people.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MatthewIanniello

Matthew - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff; however, we apologize that your room was unclean and had a slight odor. In response to your feedback, our housekeeping staff has eliminated the odor. As well, I am meeting with the entire staff so that we can work to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
#36 of 43 in Bloomington
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington? Share your experiences!