Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Rosewood Heights, Illinois, United States
“Staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for over a week. Within this time I had an issue with my credit card. When I was told about it from the front desk I was simply told to vacate or police will remove me. I went down to talk to the attendant and spoke with another employee. She told me my options that the first woman did not. Also, On check in I did not have any forks or a drain stopper for my sink. I asked for both without any return. I was there for over a week and housekeeping never made an appearance. This place has the worst customer service around. I recomend going anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. I recoment Country Inn and Suites in Shakopee, MN.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Joe - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our payment and housekeeping policies were not explained to you properly at check-in. For future reference, we provide housekeeping to guests who are staying with us 8 or more days. housekeeping can be provided in between these days, or a refresh can be requested, for a minimal fee. Our guests are also welcome to exchange linens and towels at the front desk at any time. After discussing your comments with the team, I am going to provide further training with our entire staff on our hotel policies and am going to coach them on ways to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at blm@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for almost a month. The old lady who works at the front desk really does not have any knowledge about customer service and does not know how to speak to people. She really does not like to help any customers. Shower did not have any pressure, water never went down the sink both in bathroom and kitchen. She even refused give change because she did not feel like. I already had a reservation so had to stay here. some people in the front desk were helpful but did not have any politeness with most of the guest. One of the customer had to scream at the front desk old lady to get a non smoking room. I really think the management has to change on this hotel and teach the staffs about customer service. Teach them how they should handle customers. Bathroom has mold all over. carpets had dog hair and finger nails which was really disgusting. Walls had blood. OMG i have worked in hotels before I think this was the most terrible hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nibas123
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the condition of the room and the treatment you received at the front desk is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed your comments with the staff in my daily meetings to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at blm@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

In fairness, the night woman I encountered at the front desk who was on until closing was the salvation. The room was dirty, the prints on furniture, grimy counter tops, and all around gross stickiness and smell was awful. Had I not spent the cab fair to get there from a postponed flight and prepaid via priceline I would have slept in the airport.

There was construction on the roof that was done by 6:00 pm but the workers were still removing ladders and tools from outside my window until dark which resulted in a terrible racket that kept me awake and suspect of leaving my room for any reason after dark. Air/heater was loud and had to turn off freezer as loud banging noise all night.

The smells in the common area, hallway, were more overpowering that the smell of the smoking room I was assigned. Had this crawling feeling that even a shower couldn't shake and without shuttle to airport I spent more on cab than I did on nightly room rent. Cabs smelled better and were cleaner than my room. Furniture was broken and worn and needed polished to remove grimy fingerprints. Was by far worse stay I've had in years.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ishbinshawn
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I would highly recommend against staying at this hotel. The hotel overall is very smoky, and many of the rooms have a very bad odor. There was often a rock in the (locked) side door to hold it open for anyone to come in at night. I also witnessed several people smoking marijuana in their side parking lot.

After staying for around a week, one of the hotel guests threatened to assault me in same side parking lot. I didn't hold the door for him, and I'm glad I didn't, because he turned out to be a very dangerous person. The hotel manager handled this poorly, and I think he is very incompetent.

I've seen several of the manger responses on here to poor reviews, and they always start with a "Thank you" from the hotel manager, but it's very obvious that this is not a sincere response. This hotel is managed very poorly, and you should definitely not stay here, ever! It's disgusting and a dangerous place

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Philip K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

As soon as I got there I knew it would be bad. I saw the front desk clerk walk away as I was walking in the front door. And I could hear her using a computer while I waited. Then she spoke too softly and I said "I'm sorry" and she responded so sharply and rolled her eyes to say "yeah, I said do you have a reservation". When I got off the elevator the odor hit me. When I opened the room door it smelled worse. I immediately left. Didn't step two feet into the room. I told the front desk I didn't like it and she said "you didn't like it? Ok." Took the keys, no eye contact, and went on with what she wanted to do". Worse hotel in every way, ever.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Got2basahm
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the slight odor in the hallway and for not attending to your needs properly. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are addressing each of the issues to make sure your experience is not repeated.

El Paso Tx, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at the Bloomington property from Mid April through Mid May, I cannot say enough good things about my time there. The staff was out of this world friendly & helpful.They made sure I had menus when I checked in, explained everything about the hotel & where things were located. Only had one maintenance request the entire time & it was the house phone. I did have 1 mix up on my housekeeping day but that was attended to by Ampy who came directly to my room to assure me it would be corrected immediately, & it was within 15 minutes. Sandy & Erika at the desk were superb as well. Ms. Harris in housekeeping was one of my favorites, always had a moment to chat in passing. I was so comfortable there & it all comes down to the wonderful people who are staffed there. Loved having the kitchenette & a full sized fridge, so helpful to not be stuck dinning out everyday. Not crazy about the pots & pans, but hey they worked. Wifi was always full strength, only wish there were a few more channels to choose from for tv, perhaps trade ESPN Classic & ESPN News for A&E or History Channel. Bed was comfortable as was the easy chair & ottoman. Great natural lighting. Parking lot & side walks were always kept plowed & shoveled. Trash rooms were never an issue & the laundry was spotless. I am currently in another ESA property in Tx & it is just as pleasurable as the Bloomington property. Thank you all for making a stressful move easier.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was no "home away from home"! It's extremely rundown especially in the rooms. The hardwood flooring in the kitchen was coming up, the sink and tub had cracks in it, the carpet was gross, and the TV channel selection is obviously geared towards men (basically all sports channels). The hallways smell like old food, and worst of all my kitchen was littered with crumbs on the counter top and in the corners of the floor. There are other cheap hotels in that area of Minne that are much better!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aw1999
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room and in the hallways did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with staff to review our cleanliness standards and the how to perform a good inspection of each room, in order to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Candlewood Suites Minneapolis - Richfield
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#36 of 43 in Bloomington
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington East - Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington? Share your experiences!