Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was no "home away from home"! It's extremely rundown especially in the rooms. The hardwood flooring in the kitchen was coming up, the sink and tub had cracks in it, the carpet was gross, and the TV channel selection is obviously geared towards men (basically all sports channels). The hallways smell like old food, and worst of all my kitchen was littered with crumbs on the counter top and in the corners of the floor. There are other cheap hotels in that area of Minne that are much better!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aw1999
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the level of cleanliness in your room and in the hallways did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with staff to review our cleanliness standards and the how to perform a good inspection of each room, in order to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at blm@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. We were given a "Be Our Guest" coupon from a previous stay in another state last month.
We were in Minneapolis launching our gourmet coffee business. We decided to stay at the Staybridge but rooms were not available until 3pm. So we decided to stay at this location. Upon arrival I called and booked the room and make sure we could check in early. We went over and got our room.
The lobby was very nice and friendly front desk staff. The elevator had an odor and needs to be clean ASAP. The hallway had a bad odor and the carpet could stand to be replaced or cleaned. The room had an odor also (it may have been something someone was cooking). The corner in the bathroom was so so dirty. But the tub and sink appeared to be clean. The rack to hang your clothes on was dusty and dirty. The chair looks like something had been chewing on the side of it.
We went out and retuned to the hotel only to find out our bed and the pillows smelled like musk. The front desk was closed for the night so, we had to spray the bed with our room spray. It was a long night. We check out extra early!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My 4 month old daughter and I were on a trip to Iowa so she could meet her cousins and the weather turned bad so we left Iowa early and stayed at this motel waiting to fly out of Minneapolis. When I walked in, the desk clerk was very friendly, as was some of the guests who were already staying in the hotel. Check in was smooth and easy. The room was, for the most part, clean. I did not use the comforter because I have worked in a large motel before and know how rarely they get washed. The kitchen was neat/clean and the bathroom was decent.There were some stray hairs, but understandable. Being a female and with a small child by myself, im very aware of my surroundings and I felt safe here. I had a broken phone charger and the front desk was able to locate one I could borrow, very helpful. I would recommend this motel to anyone, especially with the price I paid through priceline. It was a smooth stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Tricia - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you joined us because of a storm; however, I am so glad that we were able to provide for you both, including sourcing a charger for your phone.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you had a safe flight!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Make sure you get the nonsmoking request in early. Limited number of rooms and an "oh well" attitude by the staff. "Grab and Go" is not really a breakfast. Internet slow, but adequate. Price via priceline was low ($34/night). Quality did not exceed price paid. No amenities of any kind. A real you get what you paid for place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that stay with us was less than satisfactory. In response to your feedback, I am training my staff to be guest centered when dealing with problems.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The rooms were very clean & location from the airport was but a short distance and easy to find. I would stay here again.....no complaints about the room however a lot of noise in the hallways as room doors opened and shut...this did not interrupt my sleep and the room was just what we needed for 1 night before flying out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how clean your room was and the location of our hotel. I apologize for the noise in the hallways from doors opening and closing.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is nice, the room was a "signature" queen non smoking. Signature is code for it's one of the rooms that were renovated 2 yrs ago, and are all on the 1st floor. Kitchen has the basics-2 dishes, 2 silverware, 2, 2 2, No detergent or sponge, no salt/pepper. Room will be cleaned once a week. you can exchange towels at front desk at any time.
Staff was nice, specially Brandi night staff. There are other options at the same pricing, which you only find once you are here in town. Book it, stay here, look for other options if you are staying long term. No gym or pool either which would be nice for a long stay. Breakfast is a "grab n go" , very go... consists of coffee, granola bars, fruit, muffins in bags. Coffee was good. Laundry available on 1st floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side face away from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that Brandi was so helpful during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

They are just about 6 miles from the airport and don't have a shuttle to the airport or the mall of America. It cost about 20.00+ to and from the airport so there goes your cost savings. Better to stay at another hotel that might be about 10.00 more but provides shuttles and breakfast. You will save in the long run. On the other hand if you need to stay some place long term with a kitchen it's not a bad room for the price.

Room Tip: No room service, restaurant, business center , or shuttles.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our services offered were not enough to meet your needs. As an Extended Stay Hotel one way we are able to extend cost savings to our guests is by eliminating certain amenities such as transportation. Thus, our apologies we were not the right fit for you.

Yet should your travels require longer stays we would love the opportunity to serve you again. With that said, I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington? Share your experiences!