“Worth it to spend a little more and stay somewhere else”

Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington
Ranked #40 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This property seemed pretty old and run down. The rooms are in definite need of updating especially the beds. The room we stayed in had a queen bed that was very low to the ground, and wasn't comfortable at all. Only 2 pillows provided, and they were bad too. The room just had a cheap feel to it. It was basically clean except for a hair on the sheets. Would definitely pay a little more and stay at a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lolo4815

Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you have the choice to stay at another hotel, do so!!
When I arrived to my room I had to clean the fridge and bathroom myself after finding spots everywhere. Doesn't surprise me as I only saw the maid maybe once a week, and I stayed at the hotel for a month! The AC didn't work, just blew hot air, and the TV constantly turned off. I kept complaining about it and they said nothing was wrong with it. Turns out it was a bad outlet...Sad that I'm the one who figured that one out!!

One of the grossest things I discovered was hair on clean towels!! Luckily I brought my own.
If there's more than one person, expect to pay an extra $5 a night for them!! Location is pretty decent, but no gym and no pool, there's not even a vending machine!! Not to mention the bed is hard as a rock.
I had to stay here cause it's where work put me, put if you can, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Samantha k
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I had relocated to Minneapolis and found this to be located in a nice spot. But thats the only good part. Everything else was just a horror. When I entered the room, it smelled like a rat had been dead for 10 days.

To make things worse, the AC was running but it was hotter than hell. The lady at the front desk at first offered me the only available room - a double bed room but after a call with her manager, they figured if they gave me that, they would lose out on money and decided to let me stay in the same room and wait for their "Maintenance" manager...geez...5 days to get somebody to look at a problem... I'm about to checkout and its still not fixed..

Its too late for me, but hope this review helps you... Candlewood suites is great and will be much better to stay in..Good luck

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Kamleshwaran
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I've stayed at Extended Stay's in several locations and the experience is NEVER the same. One hotel makes you regret even funding the hospitality industry, and the next stay is overall, very pleasant. One thing that is always consistent is that you can expect to pay $5 for internet services........ services that do not work worth a dime! You will wait, literally, 10 minutes for even Yahoo to load.

I've learned that this hotel is definately not one to stay at for business purposes.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Skydragon86
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Only in for a couple of hours before a flight early in the a.m. - Didn't need much - but still no towels, soap, shampoo or toilet paper in the room -

Good location to the 494 and 5 minutes from MSP airport

Clean - no bfast - no computers - no pool - no fitness center

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JSH80634
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I booked this through Hotwire which I have had good luck with before. Not so this time in fact, this was terrable. The cab fare from the airport was $25, totally killing any savings. I couldn't get in once there, the doors were locked. Finally a guest let me in. No one at he desk, I had to call. The bed was very uncomfortable and the TV was tiny. I had seen in some reviews that the food was good. What food??? There is not any food in the hotel and none within walking distance. They also charge for Internet!! What was supposed to be a good deal cost me more than an upscale hotel. Hotwire informed me it was my fault and did not seem interested in making this right.
I WILL NEVER stay at Extended Stay again and I will be booking future travel through Expedia.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Pathfinder7777
Reviewed March 24, 2011

My boyfriend booked this hotel through priceline for a weekend visit to the Mall of America. I don't have any real complaints about the hotel. It wasn't the greatest but it wasn't the worst either. The young lady that checked us in was extremely pleasant and helpful with directions. The place could use a bit of updating and some good air freshners! The bathroom was clean and the bed fairly comfortable. It was very quiet and everything worked as it should.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reece1125
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
#36 of 43 in Bloomington
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - South
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Woodbury
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Bloomington? Share your experiences!