“Inexpensive way to stay for Mall of America experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My teenage daughter and I planned on going to Mall of America. This hotel is right across the street from the mall. A FREE shuttle bus is offered from the hotel to the mall. Technically you could walk, but with traffic and fence lines, the shuttle is great. Over all the hotel is a good value for a stay in the area. Nothing fancy, good clean basic room. Inside pool that younger children seemed to enjoy (we did not use). Lobby was clean and staff was very friendly and helpful. A FREE shuttle is also offered by the hotel for taking you to the airport. We used that as well and it was super convenient. Just pre-arrange with the hotel front desk. We were pleased with the experience. Or room costs about $75 per night and that is about the value of what the accomodations were. Again, good place for a quick stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank vcb219

Reviewed April 20, 2009

My family has stayed at this hotel several times. Great location, great service, awesome continental breakfast, nice staff. Probably geared more to business and 1 night stays, but it is quiet, the beds are incredible, they have delivery from local restaurant until 3 a.m., and coffee 24hrs a day. Love it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2009

For the time I stayed there, the hotel was under renovation. The shuttle service is very good, just be careful not to board the wrong vehicle at the airport. Look for the "Fairfield, Bloomington, Mall of America" sign. At the moment it is not possible to contact the hotel using the courtesy phone from the airport, so it is better if you call them directly to be sure that the shuttle is coming up for you.
This small hotel has a heated pool, and its clean. Rooms are comfortable and your sleep is not disturbed by the noise of the airplanes. The room has the basic amenities (except shower caps - at least not my room). The breakfast is basically good to be complimentary (fruits, cereals, coffee, different types of bread available). The hotel doesn't have any restaurant nearby, but the shuttle can take you to the Mall of America where you find plenty of possibilities. You will find a Walgreens at 5 minutes driving. If you arrive late at night, consider to carry an energetic bar or something to relieve your empty stomach. The hotel has complimentary tea or coffe in the lobby.
The staff is very nice and try to help you in every need you have.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2008

Very convenient location, fast shuttle from the airport, can walk to MoA. Friendly, efficient staff; good breakfast; clean facility. But, MSP built a new runway since I was there the last time. Depending upon the wind direction, you will now have planes either taking off or landing right outside your window from 6am until 11pm. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it; everything else was fine.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn, with my wife and 9-year-old son, on our way through Minnesota and after a stop at Mall of America. I found this hotel to be clean, quiet, and the staff was very accomodating.

Our stay was a busy Friday night, so there was a short wait for check-in and for breakfast the next morning.

It is across the street from Mall of America, and features a nice small indoor swimming pool (the poolside wireless internet access is a plus for me. I like to bring my laptop to the pool while my son swims.)

I recommend this location, and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We ended up at the Fairfield after finding the hotel we had booked for three nights was disgusting. What a huge improvement the Fairfield was! Two queen size beds with 5 pillows on each bed so you could find the one that you preferred. The shuttle was so nice - we took it to the MOA and my hubby and son used it to get to the metro stop at the mall to go to the Twins game- very convenient. Everything was very clean and fresh. The only downfall of this hotel is the noise from planes taking off from the airport. It's really noticable if you sit on their patio- but in the rooms it's not so bad. No flights at night so no trouble sleeping. Nice breakfast, pool, HD tv, and a computer in the lobby. All staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. We'll stay again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jennifer88sd
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Where do I begin . . .My family and I which consist of me and 3 kids ages 13,11,9 wanted to stay close to the MOA so I stopped at the Fairfield in to be told we have a king bed left . . . well I have the 4 of us and didn't think I would take it but she promised she would get me a cot. So I thought sure then me and my two girls will sleep in bed and my son on the cot. Great ! It is now 10pm I have been waiting for the cot, called front desk and was told Im sorry there aren't any left, but we can get u some more blankets and pillows and before I could even say yes to that they then said oops sorry we are all out of pillows too!!!! NOT HAPPY So I said yes to the blankets and then continued to wait for another hour for them. Only to make my son a bed on the floor. What the heck, I didn't pay to have my son sleep on the floor. So I told him to sleep with us in a king size bed . . . the 4 OF US squashed in this bed. Worked for about an hour then he went to the floor. Finally fell asleep after all this. Thought I could sleep in a lil in the morning but was awaken by the smoke alarms going off. Call front desk no one answers hung up. The alarm shuts off after about 2 minutes. Scared and not sure what is happening I am wide awake. We go down for our continental breakfast and some things they are already out of and we asked for more and was told sorry NO MORE. I was like ok. Found out the reason for the smoke alarm going off was their waffle maker which was just a piece of junk didn't work well at all, the alarm went off again while we were eating toast. What bothered me the most with breakfast we were told sorry NO MORE FOOD when they ran out but, when cleaning staff came to eat the ladie taking care of the food went and got more whipped cream for them and other items that WE were told sorry NO MORE. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN WONT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE I KNOW NEXT TIME I WILL DRIVE FURTHER FOR QUALITY.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family