“Really not worth the money”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Really not worth the money. We had a layover in Minneapolis and need a place to spend the night. They picked us up from the airport and were super polite. The staff is 100%, but the place is horrible. The room was an odd shape. The bed felt like a terrible balloon. Both of us awoke with back pains. The place smelled musty and the curtains did not close all the way which allowed the parking lot lights to shine in on us the whole time. There were people arguing in the room nearby and it was as if they were arguing in our room and no one stopped it. They made so much noise the whole night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here its terrible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Ariel C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you found our staff to be polite and you were able to take advantage of our airport shuttle. I’m so sorry that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. We want all of our guests to be completely satisfied and I’m saddened that we didn’t accomplish that during your stay. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to make up for it.

Marjorie S.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an early morning flight out of MSP and our experience couldn't have been better! We started our vacation a little early by checking into this hotel Friday afternoon before our Saturday morning flight and since the hotel is directly across the street from the Mall of America, we enjoyed some last minute shopping and dining Friday evening.

Saturday morning our shuttle was very early (4am) before breakfast so they had packed us each our own little breakfast bag with a muffin, granola bar, and banana. We have stayed at a few different hotels in the area for park and fly and none of them have done this so that was an awesome little touch! We were very impressed.

Our shuttle driver was right on time and was excellent. Terminal 2 was just a few minute drive and unlike some other hotels, we did not have to stop at other locations and were brought directly to the airport. Upon return, we just called the hotel and the shuttle driver was there within about 15 minutes.

Our room was clean and comfortable and they allowed 5 adults in a regular room which can be a struggle at other hotels. I will definitely be using this location in the future for Park and Fly for its location and excellent service!! No need to look elsewhere!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the facility for a college visit. The staff was outstanding! My room keys were ready and I experienced the fastest check-in EVER!

Another really nice touch is that the front desk called our room to see if we were happy and everything was ok with the room. My teen age daughter commented that it was fantastic for them to check on us.

The staff also tried to do the little things (cookies and cider in the evening), and a breakfast bag for on-the-go travelers. The shuttle is also a nice touch.

As for the facility, it is clean, well-kept, and pretty modern. The rooms were fair size and the noise levels were very normal for a hotel right next to the airport.

I would stay here again for certain!

Room Tip: I stayed on a high floor - a trade off of foot traffic vs. aircraft noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because the price was reasonable and they are located across the street from the MOA. We walked to the mall, but they offer a shuttle as well. The rooms were nice, we didn't have a fridge, but they do have rooms with a fridge available. The pool is nice and there are 2 hot tubs. They also have a really nice free breakfast with eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, and a variety of tasty breakfast goods. My only complaint was the breakfast area was crowded, but that was probably because it was good. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone planning a visit to yhe MOA.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our family stayed in two king suites so we would have easy access to Mall of America. The pool/hot tub were crowded. The rooms were very nice but a little tight for space. There were kids running up and down the hall after 10 p.m.on our floor. There is a convenient shuttle from the hotel to the mall that runs on the hour. It is almost impossible to walk to the Mall from the Hotel as you have to cross two 4 lane roads without cross walks!
Check in/out went smoothly, No early check in was allowed. Skip the breakfast unless you like to eat standing up. It was so crowded..the eating area .was too small for such a large hotel.

Room Tip: Get a King suite!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank DianaG201309
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear DianaG201309,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington. I hope you were able to take advantage of our convenient shuttle service. I would like to apologize if our breakfast area did not meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback, and hope to have another chance to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed 1 night before an early morning flight. Close to the airport and Mall of America and the free shuttle sold us on this property.

Rooms were fair, nothing special but clean and friendly staff.

Not bad for a single night at a decent price, if I would have stayed longer I would have stayed at the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I got stuck in Minneapolis again due to flight problems. Stayed here thinking I had been here before--I hadn't.

I rate all my stays at a hotel on a five-point scale (1= terrible, 3=what I’d expect, 5=exceptional) in the following categories. Unless otherwise noted, I’m looking for a comfortable, clean night’s sleep. I care little about free breakfast, gyms, and pools.

Fast check-in:
Overall room cleanliness: 2
Ability to control room temperature: 2
Softness of bath towels: 3
Comfort of bed/pillows: 2
Technology (good Wifi, accessible outlets, etc.): 3

Other notes on this hotel:
Found multiple hairs in the bed. TV picture looks like they're stealing and splitting the cable. Very old decor. Avoid this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank chrisserger
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Chrisserger,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize that the Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington did not meet your overall expectations. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and your comments will be internally discussed with my entire staff. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind.