“Great hotel and location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

i stayed here 3 weeks ago and could not have one negative thing to say about this hotel. The front staff was friendly the minute i called from the airport until they dropped me back off 3 days later. This is the second time i had stayed here and will continue to stay when i come to MOA. Bill, the shuttle driver was EXCELLENT. He offered coupons and shuttled us around not only to MOA but to other locations. Shuttle ran on the hour to the mall but if you are done shopping and dont want to wait he will come to pick you up if able. Breakfast was very nice both with hot and cold items. Coffee pots in room need updated. Ours was broke so we just went to the lobby which has coffee available at all times. Airplanes fly low overhead but not a reason to chose another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank angie1101

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Located just across the street from MOA which has so much to offer. Staff was friendly and breakfast was good. The room was a little small but was clean and have everything you need. Gym has 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical. Also has an indoor pool. Would stay at again but would also be willing to look at others in the same location.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The front desk staff did a great job of dealing with my travel issues-I wasn't sure if I was going to make my connecting flight. They quickly and easily reinstated my cancelled reservation once I knew I was going to make it. The gentleman at the front desk also gave me very clear instructions on how to meet the airport shuttle, the airport was a little confusing, so I was very grateful! Check-in was quick and easy as well and even though our room was next to the ice machine you would never know it. The next morning breakfast was absolutely delicious! So many choices and the woman running breakfast was so sweet and kept the dining area clean even though there were a lot of people moving around. Everyone at the front desk was so great, especially because they asked all about our stay and wanted to know if there was anything they could have done better-no way they did so wonderful! The shuttle took us to the mall and then, even though we were checked out, they held our bags and made sure they were on the shuttle that picked us up from the mall and took us straight to the airport-we didn't have to deal with lugging our bags to the mall and getting a locker or anything! Overall, this hotel was wonderful, everyone was so polite-front desk staff and shuttle drivers alike. I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you plan on visiting the Mall of America!

Room Tip: The ice machine was quiet all night-don't worry it won't keep you up!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 296katier
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I choose this hotel for two reasons: one a free shuttle to and from airport and two free shuttle for food/dinner and such.
From my first phone call for the shuttle till my departure the next day every single person was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
When I arrived at 12:30 pm for a very early check in Steve at the front desk took care of me. When I finally reached my correct room I discovered I had neglected to ask for an upgrade to include fridge (was carrying frozen samples and needed to thaw overnight) and of course better work area (I had all afternoon to catch up). Steve understood and managed to move me directly across from the other room. Breakfast service was set up and ready to go on time. The area was kept clean and I loved the food service style equipment they had (especially Ice Cold Skim Milk), hot oatmeal and great staff. Thank you for a great break from business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Malissa M
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We wanted a reasonably priced hotel within close proximity to Mall of America and did we ever get that! The hotel is right across the street from the mall and our room had a nice mall/IKEA view. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was adequate, nothing special, but fit our needs well. The one minor complaint I had about the room is the size of the bathroom, it is very small. Definitely was not made for 2 people to be getting ready in there at the same time. I read previous reviews about the hotel being noisy due to airport traffic, but we were there 3 nights and while we were in the room, we never heard a sound. I was told by the front desk staff at check out that you definitely want an even numbered room, as those are the ones that face the mall and are not so exposed to the airport noise. The breakfast was nice, this location has hot offerings and a pretty decent selection. I do wish that the breakfast ran later than 10am, especially on the weekends. They do run shuttles to the mall and IKEA, although we did not use them, they seemed to run very frequently. All in all, if you are looking for a great place to stay for a mall visit, this place is ideal if you are only looking for an adequate room and nothing upscale.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room, they are not as exposed to airport traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelli L
Reviewed October 30, 2013

As to the hotel and room, it was very clean and standard for a Fairfield. ( I do want to obtain by purchase the bed covers that they use. ??? ) However, it stood out in terms of service. It is VERY near airport and Mall of America which is very convenient. Better yet, a shuttle service is provided to wherever you desire to go within the area. I had left my toiletries at home....A shuttle was provided to WalMart, Walgreen's...Target...I could choose. A ride to a restaurant? No problem? The Mall? Again..at our service. Of course that includes to and from the airport. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly as well as the drivers. We recommend this hotel! PS: This is where we usually stay when we fly to MPLS as a result.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A friend and I drove here for a weekend to go to the Mall of America. The staff is friendly, the beds are great, the breakfast is awesome, and the hotel is clean. A great value! We did not use the pool, but were glad the hotel did not reek of chlorine, as some do. We did take advantage of the free shuttle service that drops you off at the mall, and runs hourly. The driver was fun, every time we saw him. I highly recommend this hotel. The location is right across from the mall. We did not do the 10 minute walk due to weather. I would stay here again, in fact I probably will!

Room Tip: We overlooked a truck depot of some sort, and still did not have a noise issue. We were not by the e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends