Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Wisconsin
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Second time staying at this hotel. Great location to the Mall of America and Ikea. We were upgraded to a suite since it was a Monday night. Big, nicely furnished room; the bathroom was a little small. Lot of options offered for breakfast and the food was average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This Hotel has a great location to Mall of America and the airport. It offers a free shuttle service, very easy to use. The rooms are clean. The pool is small, but well maintained. What we were most impressed with was the service! The free breakfast area is very small, but the staff was so attentive and so quick to get you anything you needed. The tables were cleaned off before you knew it. In fact, they were even helping you to get a refill on your coffee. We ordered in a Pizza from the front desk recommendation and it was Very Good. If you are traveling to Mall of America (like us) and want a convenient, clean and friendly place to stay - this is it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane H
Loretto, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The front desk staff was the most friendly and helpful of any of the many hotels we have stayed at. The shuttle service to the airport was very courteous and professional and got us to the airport and back very smoothly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night before I flew out Friday morning. The front desk staff checked me in quickly and provided me with a Hershey bar for being a Gold Member.

The room only provided soap, shampoo and conditioner. No lotion, mouthwash or other amenities. He room was clean.

I asked for a wake up call and to use the shuttle the next morning. I never received my wake up call, but I set my own alarm every night so I didn't miss the shuttle.

The breakfast is typical Fairfield Inn food and not impressive.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Trueohioplaya
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Trueohioplaya,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington/Mall of America. I am sorry to hear you did not receive your wake up call and you didn't enjoy our free breakfast. I am addressing the wake up call with my front desk to assure that this doesn't happen again. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have on how we can improve our breakfast. Feel free to contact me at the hotel. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Jeff C.
Assistant General Manager
952-858-8475
West Branch, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went down to the front desk to make sure my bill was correct because I have had issues in the past with Fairfield Inn (the billed somebody's room on my card and would not return the money until I gave them the other persons CC information - SERIOUSLY, HOW WOULD I HAVE THAT INFORMATION). The young lady, last name Potts or something (it was Sunday morning 8/11), was very rude and as I walked away she even said very snotty like "I don't know how else you want me to explain this". WOW really? This is how you treat rewards members? She would not even let me explain what I was trying to ask. Needless to say I signed up for Hilton Honors and just booked my next trip. Oh - and the gentleman working the breakfast was RUDE. It was not the guests fault that the hotel was full and there were only two people working breakfast but he sure acted like it was. He kept telling people to cut in line to get what they wanted, thankfully the guests had better manners that that. He even went so far as to say to a lady, who only said it was busy, "if you all would have came down an hour ago you would not have to wait in line but everybody waits to come down all at once". Yep - we all called room to room and coordinated it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Heidi1220,
Thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington/Mall of America and for being a loyal rewards member. Please accept my apologies for the behavior of my staff. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I assure you I will be addressing your comments with the individuals involved. I sincerely hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Jeffrey C.
Assistant General Manager
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My stay began with the shuttle driver arriving promptly to take me from MSP to the hotel. After boarding he was very apologetic because another guest had just called from the other terminal and that would add 5 minutes to the trip --- no need to apologize but it was a nice gesture. He was a very kind man and appreciative of his concern about my time. When I arrived at the hotel, my attention was needed on a conference call so I did not check in, but took a seat in the lobby so I could take the call without the interruption of checking in. I observed a very friendly front desk staff --- and a lot of comments from the staff saying "welcome back" to several customers. After two nights at the hotel I now know why there were so many return customers. The staff at this hotel did their best to make everyone feel at home. The internet was fast, the breakfast was standard fare but served in a super clean manner. The shuttle goes to and from the Mall and to and from MSP all day long. I like staying at Fairfield Inns because I get an excellent product for my money but this Fairfield Inn stood out. Two thumbs up to the staff.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the mall and the other the landing pattern to MSP. If you want to watch...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location of the hotel is right across from the Mall of America and close to the airport. We stayed on a night where the hotel was full and didn't hear much noise at all. The breakfast was fantastic as well! Staff was very helpful and friendly and offered great suggestions for places to go and things to do in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple