“Average Hotel by Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 American Boulevard East, Bloomington, MN 55420   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, Illinois
“Average Hotel by Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night before I flew out Friday morning. The front desk staff checked me in quickly and provided me with a Hershey bar for being a Gold Member.

The room only provided soap, shampoo and conditioner. No lotion, mouthwash or other amenities. He room was clean.

I asked for a wake up call and to use the shuttle the next morning. I never received my wake up call, but I set my own alarm every night so I didn't miss the shuttle.

The breakfast is typical Fairfield Inn food and not impressive.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Trueohioplaya
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Trueohioplaya,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington/Mall of America. I am sorry to hear you did not receive your wake up call and you didn't enjoy our free breakfast. I am addressing the wake up call with my front desk to assure that this doesn't happen again. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have on how we can improve our breakfast. Feel free to contact me at the hotel. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Jeff C.
Assistant General Manager
952-858-8475

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
West Branch, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went down to the front desk to make sure my bill was correct because I have had issues in the past with Fairfield Inn (the billed somebody's room on my card and would not return the money until I gave them the other persons CC information - SERIOUSLY, HOW WOULD I HAVE THAT INFORMATION). The young lady, last name Potts or something (it was Sunday morning 8/11), was very rude and as I walked away she even said very snotty like "I don't know how else you want me to explain this". WOW really? This is how you treat rewards members? She would not even let me explain what I was trying to ask. Needless to say I signed up for Hilton Honors and just booked my next trip. Oh - and the gentleman working the breakfast was RUDE. It was not the guests fault that the hotel was full and there were only two people working breakfast but he sure acted like it was. He kept telling people to cut in line to get what they wanted, thankfully the guests had better manners that that. He even went so far as to say to a lady, who only said it was busy, "if you all would have came down an hour ago you would not have to wait in line but everybody waits to come down all at once". Yep - we all called room to room and coordinated it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Heidi1220,
Thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington/Mall of America and for being a loyal rewards member. Please accept my apologies for the behavior of my staff. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and I assure you I will be addressing your comments with the individuals involved. I sincerely hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Jeffrey C.
Assistant General Manager
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My stay began with the shuttle driver arriving promptly to take me from MSP to the hotel. After boarding he was very apologetic because another guest had just called from the other terminal and that would add 5 minutes to the trip --- no need to apologize but it was a nice gesture. He was a very kind man and appreciative of his concern about my time. When I arrived at the hotel, my attention was needed on a conference call so I did not check in, but took a seat in the lobby so I could take the call without the interruption of checking in. I observed a very friendly front desk staff --- and a lot of comments from the staff saying "welcome back" to several customers. After two nights at the hotel I now know why there were so many return customers. The staff at this hotel did their best to make everyone feel at home. The internet was fast, the breakfast was standard fare but served in a super clean manner. The shuttle goes to and from the Mall and to and from MSP all day long. I like staying at Fairfield Inns because I get an excellent product for my money but this Fairfield Inn stood out. Two thumbs up to the staff.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the mall and the other the landing pattern to MSP. If you want to watch...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The location of the hotel is right across from the Mall of America and close to the airport. We stayed on a night where the hotel was full and didn't hear much noise at all. The breakfast was fantastic as well! Staff was very helpful and friendly and offered great suggestions for places to go and things to do in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is my first time staying at a Fairfield and am very impressed from the moment I walked thought the door with the great welcome to how clean the rooms are. They offer a shuttle to the mall and a great continental breakfast. I have had great wifi reception 5 star and a nice clean pool area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chad014
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've stayed at this Fairfield Inn numerous times and my most recent stay was just as good as the others. The hotel is clean and well maintained and the staff is very friendly. The check in process was very quick, even with several people waiting to get their rooms. The breakfast is pretty standard for a continental breakfast, if not better than most. They have your standard fare of waffles, cereal, bread, bagels, juice, and coffee. They also offer hot oatmeal already made (not microwaveable packets) along with scrambled eggs and sausage. The eating area is a bit tight, however, so don't expect to get a place to sit especially during peak breakfast times. There was a gentleman there directing people to tables as they became available the morning we were there, allowing the most people possible to sit and enjoy breakfast. The location is outstanding. It's about a 5-10 minute walk to the Mall of America including the light rail stop. It's a perfect place to stay if you're headed downtown for a Twins' or Vikings' game as you can leave the car at the hotel and walk to the light rail (45 minute ride downtown for a couple of dollars).

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel faces the flight line for Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. If...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Older Fairfield layout but updated. Friendly staff with a fast check in. Rooms are clean with a flat screen. Wifi was reliable. You do get a little airplane noise from MSP but overall in was a good stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business