“Great hotel near airport and Mall of America” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Volga, South Dakota
“Great hotel near airport and Mall of America”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is a great hotel right next to the Mall of America and the Minneapolis-St Paul International airport. The Mall of America is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away, so you can walk to it. Even though the hotel is right next to the airport, when I was inside the hotel I didn't hear any planes. They must have excellent soundproofing. The hotel has free shuttle service to and from the airport. Also, they have a park and fly option. If you stay at the hotel one night, you can leave your car parked there for 7 days.

The hotel is in very good condition, and it looks very nice and clean. The water temperature in the shower was constant -- no fluctuations to hot or cold. I stayed in a room with two queen beds, and the beds were quite comfortable (not too soft or too firm).

They have a business center with two computers and two laser printers, and it is in its own room which is accessed using your room key. I like this, because it isn't out in the open in the lobby, like some other hotels. They did not charge to print.

The hotel has free wireless internet. I was even able to use it after I checked out. I went to the mall for a couple of hours, then I remembered I needed to check something online, so I went back to the hotel, sat in the breakfast area, and was still able to use the free wireless internet.

Overall, this is a very good hotel, the staff were very friendly, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Port Byron, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed here to shop at MOA. Yes, it is VERY close to the airport, but we just kept the fan on and slept like babies. Two second shuttle ride whenever we wanted back and forth to mall AND they took us to the seminar we had to attend at another hotel! They will take you to any local shop or restaurant 24hrs a day. And so friendly! The van drivers were a hoot! The staff was very nice and the room was very clean. Breakfast was hot and lots of choices which we usually expect at residence inn but not ff. Just the most perfect hotel for the money! Will definately stay there again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at the hotel during a recent business trip to the Minneapolis area. The hotel was approximately 10 minutes from the airport and very easy to get to. Check in went very smoothly. Initially, I had rented a car to travel to my business meeting and travel around the area not knowing there was a shuttle. After checking in, I found out the that the shuttle could travel to and from the hotel, to and from the MOA, even to local restaurants and other locations locally. Once I was done with my business trip, I returned my car and enjoyed using the shuttle to get around. There was one shuttle driver who was fantastic. He was very friendly and had a number of suggestions on things to do at the mall and even in the area. Initially, I had some hesitations because the room I was assigned was next to the elevators but it was surprisingly quiet. I found out quickly that the bathroom had a running issue and occasionally the bathroom would run quite loudly when another hotel guest was using their bathroom. When I travel, I tend to look for a Marriott property and I have found that the Fairfield Inn chain from Marriott is able to meet all my travel requirements. The complimentary hot breakfast and free in -room wi-fi are a great plus. If I am in the area again, I will probably return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here last weekend and it was a great stay. All of the staff that works the front desk are very friendly and accommodating. The shuttle bus driver was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and everything seemed fairly new. I agree with other posters that the bathroom is a bit small, but this didn't affect our stay. You do hear some plane noise, but we only noticed it in the morning as we were waking up. We used the pool and hot tub and this area was well kept. The breakfast area and selections were good too. Lots of variety including fruits, breads, waffles, etc. The location is perfect if you are visiting the Mall of America. It was a short walk to the crosswalk to the mall. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
springfield mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here this past weekend. The staff goes out of their way to help. Kudos to April and Marty for helping me recover my lost wallet (with ID) in time to board a flight home.

Above and beyond the call of duty. Hotel is clean and neat and what's not to like?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is clean and easy to find. As soon as we walked in, every staff members mission was to ensure our stay was nothing but perfect. We booked a double queen room for our young adult children, and the king suite for ourselves. We had Bill as our shuttle chauffeur for the first night and Marty the next day. Marty drove my daughter and I where ever we wanted to go on Saturday. Super nice men. Mike and Brian checked us in and even phoned once we were in the room to make sure we were happy, super nice men. The complimentary breakfast in this hotel is beyond any complimentary breakfast I have ever seen at a hotel. The first morning we had to go to ihop (of course), but the second morning we ate at the hotel and there is a limitless supply of foods for everyone.
Both rooms were clean and the entire property was immaculate. The mattress and pillows are heavenly!
We make this trip once a year and will never stay at another hotel while driving in to visit MOA and Valley Fair.
Thank you for making our stay so pleasant!

I did not receive Marriott reward points because when I phoned to book the room I was transferred to Hotels.com. A simple phone call to Marriott corporate is going to fix that.

Room Tip: I normally book a corner room as they are bigger. This hotel has a staff room at each corner (opposi...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

After leaving another inn down the street I ventured into the Fairfield Inn. Although I came just a few minutes too late for the lowest price room, the woman at the front desk still gave me a discount. The lobby area is clean and bright. The room is clean and sufficient if you are not going to spend much time in it. The bathroom was a bit too small. Just not much room in it. The pool is clean and so too is the jacuzzi. The breakfast was pleasant--what you would expect from this level hotel. If only the coffee cups could be a bit larger.

Only issue with location was the noise of the planes taking-off and landing. The noise came right through the window.

Nice place if you are next to the Mall of America. Great location!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo