“Next time in MSP we'll stay here again!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Fargo
“Next time in MSP we'll stay here again!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Just got home from a mini-vacation in Minneapolis to see the Twins game and the Mall of America. The Fairfield Inn was a perfect place for us. Coming from a smaller town, I hate driving in Minneapolis traffic. It was such a relief for me to park my car (free parking!) the entire time.

Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and immediately advised about the shuttle to/from the Mall of America. I had stayed here before and knew about them, but figured it would be less hassle to just drive. However, when I discovered that the shuttle runs at the top of every hour it was very convenient for us to take the shuttle to the light rail and get down to Target field. After the game we had a lot of confusion as to where we were suppose to meet the shuttle driver since we weren't dropped off at the pick-up point (which I wish we would have been - although the driver was trying to help us get on the earlier train). Not a huge deal, but it took a few calls to the hotel before we found the exact place we needed to be.

It appeared that the hotel was recently remodeled and nicer than what I had remembered. It had a trendy feel. The beds were nice and comfortable (as to expect from a Marriott chain). The room had a LG flat screen tv, dresser drawers, small closet, desk, etc. The bathroom was somewhat snug, but adequate. Sinks were located inside the actual bathroom (which it's better when they are on the outside for others to use when more than one person is getting ready). The shower had adequate pressure for a nice hot shower. There was Panteen brand shampoo and conditioner.

The breakfast area had a wide range to offer from waffle irons (with berries and whipped cream), muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, jimmy dean sandwiches, etc. Your typical flare. I was happy that there was low fat options available. There was always people working in the breakfast area to make sure that everything was fully stocked.

My boyfriend did use the gym and was impressed with the Precor elliptical, which is all he used. He also used the hot tub. The pool itself looked adequate in size. I did not use the business center. I did use their free WiFi and I would say that the speed could have been improved, although it wasn't too terrible. However, if I was traveling on business and needed more bandwidth other than just surfing the net, I wouldn't have been happy with that.

Overall, I would have to say that I was quite happy with my stay at Fairfield and if I have a similar need to stay near Bloomington, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Park your car and take the shuttle service whenever possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweetnesspalace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Port Hope, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2011

A group of 5 of us stayed here for one night before a conference in Minneapolis. After a 14 hour drive from Michigan, we wanted a place to hang out, and relax, that was close The Mall of America. We found everything we were looking for, and more. We arrived at about 9:30 in the morning and Tracy at the front desk apolegetically explained that the hotel had been booked the night before, so our rooms were not ready yet. She was super nice and professional, and offered us the use of the bathroom to change, told us to hang out at the pool, and help ourselves to breakfast if we wanted. Our rooms were ready in a little over an hour. The rooms were fine, the beds were VERY comfortable, and the hotel is literally across the street from The Mall of America.
But the highlight of this place is Bill, the shuttle driver. The FREE shuttle will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go within reason, but Bill went above and beyond. Somewhere between us checking in, and then going back out to our vehicle a few hours later, someone had stolen the hub cap and some lugnuts off our van! (This is in no way a reflection of the hotel or the area that it's in.) Bill contacted the police for us, called an auto parts store to reserve the lugnuts, drove us out there, and then put them on when we got back. We can't thank him enough for his awesome service!
He also took us to Wal-mart, Sams Club, and then a restuarant later. He kept us laughing telling us stories about his dog. He was the highlight of our stay!

Niceville, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2011

While on a stop over in Minneapolis we stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites near the Mall of America, which is also very close to the airport. The front desk workers were very pleasant and helpful, they welcomed us to their hotel and the area, and gave great directions in locating points of interest in the area. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to and from the mall during regular shopping hours.
Our room was comfortable and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Even with the airport so close, and planes flying in and out at all hours, we really didn't hear the noise while in the hotel.
The complimentary breakfast was the typical, but sufficient enough.

Room Tip: We were on the side closer to the airport, and it was quiet enough.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Naperville, IL
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Marriott is my preferred hotel chain. I like to accumulate all of my points on one rewards program to get free nights quicker, and Marriott's system is so extensive, I can find one wherever I need to travel. My preference is the full-service properties, but for some reason, the entire Twin Cities area was booked solid last week. I ended up here. I have stayed at some dingy, average Fairfields, but this one was very nice. Seems to have just been refreshed. Very clean, comfortable beds, nicer furnishings than most Fairfields, flat screen TV, business center (a room with multiple PCs and printer, not just a computer in the lobby.) Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Glenwood, Minnesota
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Shuttles are available to MOA and the lightrail (can walk). The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was amazing and answered all our questions.

Room Tip: Clean rooms and comfortable beds
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Danville, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Spent 2 nights here on business, property is standard Fairfield, but a couple of pluses. Number 1 right across the street from the M.O.A. they offer shuttles, but you can also walk. Secondly, if you enjoy plane spotting you are on the flight pattern for MSP. Request a room that faces the back of the hotel and you'll have them flying past your window.
Convenient airport shuttle, and all the people we encountered at the front desk were very pleasant. What you come to expect in Minnesota.

Fargo, ND
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for a quick 2 night trip to the cities. I looked at the pictures provided ahead of time and it appeared they were going for a modern & fun decor. The location to the mall was great so it seemed like the perfect place to stay since we'd only be there long enough to shower & sleep. Wrong! We were greatly disappointed the minute we opened the door and were greeted with a terribly musty odor. The room was damp and very small. I don't have anything nice to say about it. I can't really comment on the pool area as we were there with alone with a hot tub guy who moaned and grunted so much that we felt violated and left! lol The guys at the front desk however were really nice and told us about an amazing pizza place called Broadway Pizza and gave us clear directions on how to get there. The breakfast bar was standard but the area was really small and crowded and we forsure did not want to eat in our musty room. We had friends who stayed at another hotel for HALF the price and it was much nicer! We felt ripped off but it's a lesson learned.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family