Just got home from a mini-vacation in Minneapolis to see the Twins game and the Mall of America. The Fairfield Inn was a perfect place for us. Coming from a smaller town, I hate driving in Minneapolis traffic. It was such a relief for me to park my car (free parking!) the entire time.
Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and immediately advised about the shuttle to/from the Mall of America. I had stayed here before and knew about them, but figured it would be less hassle to just drive. However, when I discovered that the shuttle runs at the top of every hour it was very convenient for us to take the shuttle to the light rail and get down to Target field. After the game we had a lot of confusion as to where we were suppose to meet the shuttle driver since we weren't dropped off at the pick-up point (which I wish we would have been - although the driver was trying to help us get on the earlier train). Not a huge deal, but it took a few calls to the hotel before we found the exact place we needed to be.
It appeared that the hotel was recently remodeled and nicer than what I had remembered. It had a trendy feel. The beds were nice and comfortable (as to expect from a Marriott chain). The room had a LG flat screen tv, dresser drawers, small closet, desk, etc. The bathroom was somewhat snug, but adequate. Sinks were located inside the actual bathroom (which it's better when they are on the outside for others to use when more than one person is getting ready). The shower had adequate pressure for a nice hot shower. There was Panteen brand shampoo and conditioner.
The breakfast area had a wide range to offer from waffle irons (with berries and whipped cream), muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, jimmy dean sandwiches, etc. Your typical flare. I was happy that there was low fat options available. There was always people working in the breakfast area to make sure that everything was fully stocked.
My boyfriend did use the gym and was impressed with the Precor elliptical, which is all he used. He also used the hot tub. The pool itself looked adequate in size. I did not use the business center. I did use their free WiFi and I would say that the speed could have been improved, although it wasn't too terrible. However, if I was traveling on business and needed more bandwidth other than just surfing the net, I wouldn't have been happy with that.
Overall, I would have to say that I was quite happy with my stay at Fairfield and if I have a similar need to stay near Bloomington, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for a hotel near Mall of America will enjoy our location next to the giant shopping center. Guests will be within a 3 minute walk to the MOA and IKEA. The Marriott hotel is also near the Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport. Our Bloomington, MN hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service to the Mall of America and the MSP Airport for your convenience. When you stay with us, you'll also be minutes from the fun of Nickelodeon Universe and the Sea Life Aquarium. Guests can also use the Mall of America light rail to take a quick trip to downtown Minneapolis with stops at the Nicollet Mall and Target Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall Of America
- Fairfield Inn Minneapolis
- Fairfield Inn Bloomington
- Fairfield Bloomington
- Bloomington Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall Of America MN, North America