“Can't get a reservation!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Mall of America/MSP Airport
Ranked #35 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have stayed on the property several times as a couple and with our kids. I was interested in making a room reservation for August..end of August. I first was put on hold with the actual hotel property. Then when getting through she said....oh well I send you to reservations. Waited and waited. Then when with that person (must be the company reservations for many properties) she asked me several questions and then had a hard time proceeding with making a reservation for an adjoining room Should be simple enough, but turned into another waiting on hold. I have NEVER had this frustration with this property. The property itself is So nicely situated to MOA and a Walmart and a Sonic (all my kid's favorites). But why has it become so difficult to get a reservation??

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Mall of America/MSP Airport

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This hotel gets one star for its convenient location close to both the airport and MOA. That's the best thing I can say about it. We spent 20,000 points on 2 rooms on 8/2/14. There were only 4 of us, but we thought it would be nice to have 2 bathrooms. We were initially only given one room and had to ask them to double check the reservation for the other room. We should've stuck with just one. After a long day of traveling, we just wanted a shower and good night's sleep. However, the shower drain was stuck shut. We waited 30 min for the front desk person to come look and say she had no idea how to fix it and there were no other rooms available so we couldn't move. Plan B was for us to use the shower in the room our kids were in, but alas, that shower had a funny red stain in it and didn't appear clean, so nobody took showers. As far as the shuttle, we were given a schedule by the front desk person, but they didn't tell us they don't follow the schedule for return trips. We waited for a few minutes past the time listed for return trips and then called. After 25 minutes on hold, someone answered and sent the shuttle which was on its way to the airport. Overall, this property is in dire need of some updating, and the staff needs to communicate better. We were told the manager would contact us and that never happened. Furthermore, when we called, we were told there was nothing they could do since we had used our points to book the rooms. After calling the rewards number, we were only given 5000 points back, so 15,000 points were wasted on 2 rooms with no usable showers. Not only will we not stay at this property ever again, we have dug out the Hilton rewards card and will be using it instead. There is nothing quality about this inn. Do yourself a favor and stay at a different brand.

5  Thank JD11125
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We find this a great place to stay when we visit the Twin Cities. The location is fairly central to the areas we want to visit. They have large rooms that are clean and comfortable and a large bathroom with all the amenities. The only drawback is the number of plugs in the rooms to charge our electronics. The manager told us they are getting new furniture and will have plenty of plugs soon. The breakfast was good with a variety of both hot and cold choices, but the attendant was slow to refill the hot items. T

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very comfortable and clean hotel. Check in clerk was great. I had four rooms booked with two late arrivals and she made sure everything was squared away. She also took the time to make me aware of the shuttle schedules to Mall of America and airport. Basic breakfast, did the job. Computer was painfully slow in the business center and parking was a bit of a challenge,(hotel must have been booked full) my only complaints.

Matt's Bar is an easy 10 minute drive from the hotel if you are seeking a Jucy Lucy hamburger.
Would stay again for proximity to airport.

Room Tip: The rooms we had were fine, no noise issues on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank trueblue001
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I visited this hotel on the night of August 31st, 2014, and requested a 2 double beds room, nonsmoking. I was with my dad, and the point of the trip was so I could catch a flight to Los Angeles at 7:00am so I needed a cheap place to stay that night, get some sleep, maybe lift some weights and get to the airport very early. I chose this hotel in the hopes that it would accomplish that.

Got there at 6:00pm and checked in. Within fifteen minutes we were in our room, but it was smoky and dirty. We immediately called to change rooms, and the front desk attendant said that they would be up to get us into a new room. We waited two hours and they didn't show up. We then went down to the front desk and the attendant was sitting down, reading a book instead of helping us. They apologized and got us a new room, but not before making us wait again. We went into the new room, and while it wasn't smoky, the room was dirty. The beds were clean though, so we decided not to complain. A/C was broken as well, and three hours later

The internet wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. Took about 30 minutes to connect to it once I tried to do it.

The floors of the hotel were dirty. Stains all over, dust, dirt and a lot of it would have been able to be picked up by a vacuum cleaner but it looked like they hadn't done that in ages. Dust everywhere, cobwebs, and I found some rat poop on the floor in BOTH room's bathrooms. (I'm from rural Wisconsin...I know what it looks like).

Pool area was cleanish, but the pool has grime in it as does the hot tub. Wouldn't recommend swimming or sitting in either. Chlorine levels were low to nonexistent as I couldn't even smell it when I entered the pool area, let alone when I swam in the pool. When I mentioned it to the front desk attendant, they swore and ran off, so I'm assuming they forgot to put it in or something.

Weight room was dirty and unkempt. Dad chopped off a chunk of flesh off his right index finger while using the off-brand "Bowflex" when it broke while he was using it on the lowest setting. The treadmill didn't even work, let alone the television. Water cooler was empty, and the scale was broken to the point of it being unusable.

Breakfast wasn't out when we left the hotel, but there was dust and dirt on the tables and on the counters in the breakfast room (kitchen/buffet room was closed).

We left the hotel at 2:00am, partially because of the flight I had to get to, but mostly because we couldn't stand to be in the hotel another minute when a mouse came out and was running on top of our stuff while I was watching television (couldn't sleep because the bed was broken and crooked. Smelled weird too). Neither was the front desk attendant, as we had to wait 20 minutes before they showed up to check us out of the hotel.

Overall, I'm very disappointed. This hotel was worse than most of the Motel 6's I've stayed at on the road before. I've stayed at Quality Inn and other Choice hotels and enjoyed myself, and I've only had a couple of experiences like this, but this may have ruined the Choice brand for me. I will never stay at this hotel again, and furthermore I doubt I'll stay at a Quality Inn or any other of the Choice hotels any time in the foreseeable future. It was not worth my time and money, let alone yours.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
2  Thank bwdmighall
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Lots of good points - a pool, close to a restaurant, close to the Mall of America and there is a hotel shuttle! - I stayed in a king size bed suite which was very roomy with a pull-out sofa bed. I loved the fact that they had a hotel shuttle which was prompt and on time. The staff was very nice and helpful. I found the breakfast room crowded but Denny is directly next door so there are breakfast options nearby.

Room Tip: If you book your room with Expedia or Priceline you can't make changes to your reservations. Ca...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank gilvenzor
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

When looking for a hotel, I had 4 must haves. A shuttle to the Mall of America and airport, swimming pool, breakfast, and reasonably priced. This hotel fit all those requirements.
Upon arriving, the front desk was very friendly and helpful. I got the shuttle schedule and signed up for the airport.
Getting to our room took some patience as there was only one elevator for the dozens with luggage trying to get up to their floor. The stairs were not close to the elevator and had to be sought out. If there was a staircase from the lobby to the second floor, some of this could be alleviated.
The room was clean and comfortable, but I had no fridge or microwave(minor set back).
We took the shuttle to and from the mall and to the airport in the morning. The driver was great.
The breakfast was ok. They had the typical spread but nothing above average. Seating became very crowded at times.
All in all if I needed to stay in Minneapolis again, I would stay here again for the services and the value.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CCBake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#33 of 42 in Bloomington
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Mall of America/MSP Airport? Share your experiences!