“Awesome end to Crazy Flight”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I missed my connecting flight in Minneapolis on the way to see family before a business trip. Luckily it was the airlines fault and they sent me to Crowne Plaza for the night. Shugg greeting me an the other guests with the best service and a smile that made the night. The womens floor was AMAZING. I do travel for business and wish more hotels made it safe like that for us women business travelers.
Thank you Shugg!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Stepherslynn

Reviewed August 6, 2010

With Minneapolis as a hub for Delta airlines, and before that, Northwest Airlines, we frequently overnight between connections. Our last visit, we tried the Crowne Plaza and were just delighted with all aspects. Called from the plane when it touched down, and by the time we got outside, our shuttle driver, Rick, was waiting for us. We asked for a quiet room, and were given a lovely room on the sixth floor. Glass glasses. Real coffee cups, and extra coffee packets. Gorgeous, comfortable beds, stacked with perfect pillows. Five on each bed. A high def flat screen television with brilliant clarity. My husband ate at the restaurant, and was pleased with the friendly service and good food.

We really hated to leave our beds in the morning, and with a noon check out time, didn't have to rush. I called the desk for a taxi, as we had a doctor's appointment in Minnetonka. We were surprised when a towne car pulled up at exactly the time we had requested transportation. The desk clerk said they had a contracted rate, which ended up being about the same as cab fare, but at a flat rate. You knew exactly what you were going to pay before you left the parking lot.

So many nice touches ~ immaculately clean, a big bowl of fresh green & red apples in the lounging area of the lobby, great pool, and the nicest staff. I don't know how all of these things converged to make it one of the best hotel stays we have experienced, but we have a new home when we need to stay in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KozmikBlue
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I did not expect to be staying in Minneapolis for the night- but needed a hotel after missing my connecting flight to Denver. The Crowne Plaza was definitely the place to stay. I was pleased with the service, hotel room, and location. I managed to get a great five hours of sleep before having to head back to the airport. The bed was very comfortable! The man working at the front desk (Shugg Robinson) was very pleasant & told me everything I needed to know about the hotel & the airport shuttles. He also placed me on the women's floor, so I felt very safe being that I was traveling alone. It was great to have access to a community fridge with cold drinks & snacks! I would definitely stay here again, if I am ever back in the Minneapolis area!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank alyjean7
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My stay at the Crowne Plaza was unexpected given that upon arriving in Minneapolis from JFK (4 hours delayed) my connecting flight had departed. I had zero luggage, it was late and I was extremely tired and frustrated. To my overwhelming delight I was greeted by 2 AMAZING EMPLOYEES... Nina Christian and Shugg Robinson. These two individuals went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable (I was booked into the all female focused wing) This wing was complete with fresh snacks,perrier, juice ..I had a wonderful robe, toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, special amenity bag of earplugs, sleepmask, etc. I was overjoyed by their service and their compassion. Thank you for what could have been turned out to be a horrible experience..a truly outstanding evening in Minnesota!!! I want to go back and just stay at the Crowne Plaza for pleasure...thank you Nina and Shugg..you both exemplify outstanding customer service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2010

After being bumped from a flight and being tired and irritable I arrived at the Crowne Plaza and it was an oasis of pleasantness! I was greeted at the desk by Shugg. It was after 11:00 p.m. and he had a smile on his face and was friendly from the moment he said hello. I think he knew i had a long day and upgraded me to the women's wing (not sure that was the exact name). It was an area of the hotel for only women so you had to have the appropriate room key to access the hall. I'd never really given a thought to it before but that really makes you feel safer as a single female traveler. But more importantly once you get into the hall there's a stocked fridge with complimentary candy bars, ice cream, soda, water....all very nice! The room was fabulous - soft, comfy sheets and pillows, lots of room, and modern amenities. They even had an option to borrow a pre-programmed iPod from the hotel! I slept great and the next morning I woke up rested and was taken back to the airport using the shuttle service which was prompt, clean and comfortable. Great service, friendly staff, comfy rooms - superb!

In fact, this is my first ever review! I always use TripAdvisor when planning a trip and I figured it was time to share my experiences too.

I'm not really sure about value because Delta picked up the tab.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank loveshak22
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Originally I had booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express using points as I am a Priority Club Platinum member. The room and service was horrible there and I called to have my reservation switched. They moved it to the Crowne Plaza and when I arrived about 10:30 at night to check in, I told our story to the guy at the desk, Shugg, and he set me up with a great room and took care of me the way I thought a Platinum member should be treated. The rooms are fantastic and the staff is very courteous, especially the staff in the Restaurant/Bar.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BrianHoll4HI
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza - Bloomington for 2 nights while at a conference at the Best Buy HQ. The hotel was clean, the pool was nice, the room was clean and they offered me a room on the "Quiet Floor". I enjoyed my stay and had no issues. The bathroom was recently updated and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed the pool and the hotel is very close to miles of running paths, too. I recommend this hotel and at $99 per night, it's an excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business