Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mankato, Minnesota
“very clean”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Crowne Plaza. When I was younger, I was a housekeeper in a few hotels. Because of those experiences, I am very picky on Hotels.
This was the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. The Front lobby was very clean and orderly. The hallways where spotless, considering it is winter here and with all the salt and sand outside. Then we got to our room and it looked amazing. I did not see any dust anywhere through out the room.
These Housekeepers really impressed me!!

The only thing we did not like about our room was the shower. Not enough pressure.

We will gladly stay again. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you! Our House Keepers take great pride in what they do. They will be happy to read this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great hotel, cozy bar, room service fantastic, excellent shuttle service. I've been to this hotel mulitple times and it's consistently excellent. Shuttle service convenient--very flexible. Beautiful fire pit in bar area; exceptional pool

Room Tip: gym small but nice, pool outstanding
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for such a nice review. It warms our hearts to know you enjoyed warming yourself by our fire. Great review! Thank you!
Carter Lake, Iowa
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel can be considered a hidden gem. I have stayed here before a couple of years ago and it was a good value. So I stayed again....what I didn't expect is the vast improvements made. The service at the front desk and bar were stellar! They staff I encountered were efficient and very friendly. They made a point to know my name and reference it later. The shuttle to local area was awesome!!! The increased the value of my stay. The rooms were clean and exactly what I needed for my 3 night stay. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so very much! Keep talking about us! Tell everyone and maybe we won't be hidden any more. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Milbank, South Dakota
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel is like a pig...wearing lipstick. They have attempted to do updates to modernize the hotel, but you can still tell its a pig. The remodeled bathroom is weird, they tried to pack all the modern amenities into one tiny little room, and it doesn't work. You could see the bumps and lumps of the old bathroom through the wallpaper, the shower door is in the way of the toilet, no room for anything on the bathroom counter, the pocket door is impossible. We had 2 double beds...not queens! The airport shuttle man was a CRAZY driver...and seemed mad at the world, not the best "welcome back to MN" after spending a week in paradise. He went to pickup a guest at a nearby bar on the way back to the hotel, waited 30 seconds for him to show up, called the hotel and told them..."i waited for 5 minutes, he never showed up"...glad I wasn't the guy waiting for the shuttle. Checked out the $15 breakfast buffet, everything was empty, looked cold, and not worth 15 cents. The pool was bigger than average for a hotel, my kids would have liked it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Valley467
Thank you for the review. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we have been getting wonderful feedback about our latest renovation. We are quite proud of our 2.5 million dollar update to our bathrooms. Each year we spend millions on updating our hotel and use high quality materials and products in these renovations. We thank you again for your feedback.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Loved this hotel! The decor was classy yet comforatble, the staff was exceptional and everything was very clean. The food in the restaurant was very tasty and the prices reasonable. Although I don't think the hotel is new, our room showed very, very little wear and tear.

There was one maid in particular who I felt embodied excellent customer service. While I was waiting for my husband to park the car, I was struggling to move a number of bags to a seating area. She saw me and offered to help me take my things to my room, even though she was busy tidying up the entry way. Later, I saw her down by the pool and she was scrubbing the floor with so much energy and dedication! I could see, by her example, that the staff are what make a place great. Everything was clean and I could see why!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
That's wonderful!!! You said it perfectly! I have nothing more to say except, thank you.
cedar falls
Reviewed February 10, 2014

hotel and staff were great, shuttle service was great, shuttle driver Rick from airport to hotel was very polite and and gave great directions on how to get back to freeway on drive home, would highly recommend this hotel, we have stayed here 4 times and will return

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the great review. We will be looking forward to giving great service to you the next four stays and beyond.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Bloomington, MN and I wanted to share how pleased I was with my experience. I stay at this hotel frequently for business and I want to commend two people in particular.

Sai, the bartender is phenomenal! She is very friendly, engaging and she always makes me feel welcome. As a "semi-regular" at the CP in Bloomington, she is a friendly face for the weary traveler.

Also, on my most recent stay, Nancy in housekeeping did a stellar job. She was super friendly and even left me a nice note to say,"have a great day". I thought that was exceptionally nice and it made my day (I had a particularly bad day, and it really brightened it up for me).

I would highly recommend this hotel not only for it's convenient location, but also for it's comfortable rooms. Most of all though, I recommend it because of Sai and Nancy!

Michael C.
Atlanta GA

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
That is wonderful! Thank you for writing such a great review. Those two are truly wonderful and we will make sure they read your great words. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.