“Booked for Price and Location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a nice double bed room, it was quiet, clean and had a great bathroom. The shower was large, but very slippery and the door was on the opposite end of the shower so turning it on and getting in was tricky. Only mentioning this because it was a handicap access room. Shuttle service was great and saved a lot of time for us. Restaurant was very good and all the staff was great. Good place to stay by Mall of America and the airport.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for the review. We are looking into the shower issue. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Drove up to the cities with my visiting mother and her friend to spend some time at the Mall of America and surrounding area, and picked this hotel for its good rating and reasonable price. It's a short drive to the mall, and the city isn't far either. We had a very warm greeting when checking in, and were very pleased with our room. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and there was a nice relaxation kit to help you fall asleep next to the bed. The room decor was also very nice, displaying photos of the Twin Cities. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. We are happy to know that you were pleased with your choice for a hotel. Hope you can visit again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My brother-in-law and his family had never been to the Mall of America and asked me to drive up to Minnesota with them. Since they didn't know where to stay I looked online and found a reasonable price available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Given that the price was so good I began to lower my expectations as to how nice the hotel would be. I was pleasantly surprised at how large, well furnished and clean the rooms were. My brother-in-law and his wife stayed in a single king bed room and I stayed with my two nephews in a room with two double beds. Both rooms were comparable and large. The location is convenient to I-494 and close enough to numerous restaurants. The bed was so comfortable, but I know that is a personal issue. Also, the wi-fi was good. It is a little further from the Mall of America than any number of other hotels, but the time difference is not great and if you get a good price deal on a room I think it is worth it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you! We are glad we could make the family trip a success!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I always stay here for business, and each time its been an excellent experience. The staff at the hotel is great, and the shuttle service is the best I've had. Douglas made sure that I had a ride to the airport scheduled first thing that morning, which took a load off my mind my very last day there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EmilyinTX

We try our best to give you less to worry about. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my first visit to the area for some training and my first time at a Crowne Plaza as well. My stay here was exceptional. Any issues I thought I might have never materialized. My room which was one of the remodeled ones was modern, clean and fresh. Thank you Courtney for making it happen. Thank you to the staff for keeping it that way. I bumped into the lady cleaning my room and she was supper nice and really cared about my comfort. Rae Ann, can’t thank you enough for making my stay special, you ROCK!!!!
The staff at the front desk was as good as I’ve seen in all my travels, and I’m traveled a lot. Courtney and Ashley, whom I had the most contact, were great! They were informative, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Always wanted to know how things were going. The rest of the front desk staff was friendly and always greeted me with a smile. I would say whatever they are doing to train the staff in CS , it is working , all of the associates where friendly , smiled and generally cared about my experience.
The restaurant is OK, the food quality is what you would expect. The lunch for me was the winner. I did not have dinner. Salad bar with soup hit the spot when I needed it most. It’s the staff in the restaurant which makes the difference. Julia !, Vicki and Mario. Unstoppable energy always on display, making sure your every need was taken care of, and quick to make sure you had what you need to make your dining pleasurable. Can’t say enough about their desire to make sure guests are greeted and treated like they are the only one. Julia, she is a Star…. Vicki, thank you for trying to help.
Let’s not forget Happy hour in the bar. Sai is awesome. Slick, quick and hard to trick! Great stories cocktails and service. Ask to see the 3D joke.
The hotel has great amenities, the pool, workout area and layout just works. I was impressed when I entered the place and will stay at Crowne again if it works into my plans when I’m staying out of town. As an FYI, they place was busy with a company conference. The shuttles were mostly capitalized by them and sometime made it hard to catch. However, when I needed it most they got me around. The location is convenient to the Twin Cities and MOL.
The best part of the Crowne Plaza on Green Valley Drive is the Staff!!!! I saw it on display; they really care about your stay and experience. Thank you all.

Room Tip: I had a standard room with a king bed and 4 pillows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

WOW!!! I am posting this review for all the employees to see. Thank you for staying with us and for writing this review. It makes us proud to know we could make such a good impact. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was absolutely impressed with our stay. Although, I was only there 1 night with my two children, this was a very pleasant experience. From the staff at the front, to the shuttle drivers, to the staff we met in the halls - it was a wonderful stay. I don't usually write reviews or comment on places as they're usually average, but I felt they deserve a compliment. We are from Wisconsin, so we make a trip up there more frequent than other places...we are planning to stay are this facility on future visits! Thanks for a for great time! The kids LOVED it! Clean, friendly, safe and convenient! There were 3 weddings going on saturday evening, very busy day but you wouldn't have known. Thanks Crowne Plaza...your staff were fabulous! :) From a Mom & her 2 happy kids!

Room Tip: They also have a floor for woman only...something I find a great asset if traveling alone. Worth a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. That night was a busy night and we wanted to make sure all our guests had a good stay. I'm glad to know that you and your family had a great time. Thank you and we will look forward to another visit.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife, a friend, and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Bloomington the last weekend in August for a single night. We had stayed here previously and loved the proximity to the Mall of America without having to pay a premium for the location.

This hotel has finished a remodel recently and it shows. The lobby is clean and open, with the restaurant and bar directly beside it. The staff was extremely pleasant, and although we arrived almost an hour and a half early we were able to get our room without issue. The layout of the hotel is somewhat strange as you the rooms are split into two separate 'wings' with the lobby as the connection. To get to the elevators you walk through a couple of sets of doors and past the pool which is a little confusing, but I doubt could be changed structurally.

The pool is large but dated. It would be great for a family, but it can also get very busy. It appears some of the rooms either open to the pool or at least back up to it. I imagine these rooms can be quite noisy, however do not personally know.

Our room was really refreshing. The furnishings including the bed and carpet had been updated with the remodel and they were very clean. The bed was comfortable and much better than the Sleep Number bed we had experience in the Crowne Plaza in downtown St. Paul. The bathroom was standard size and nicely appointed. Water pressure was fantastic and overall we had no issues with the room.

The location of the hotel is not the best when compared to several other options that are closer to both the airport and Mall of America. They do however have a shuttle if you need to be picked-up or dropped-off at the airport. It is south of the highway and not really nearby any other hotels (there are some directly north of the highway and the next exit to the east). Dining options are not very good (at least within a mile or two) as the hotel is really in a corporate park, but there are some options and you're still within 10 minutes to the Mall. The hotel's restaurant seems like a decent option if you don't feel like leaving.

Overall, we'd definitely stay here again. In fact this is already our second time. The price seems to consistently be cheaper than the other hotels and for the value, it cannot be beat. The only real drawback I can see is the location as compared to other options. In the end, it's still in a great spot and easy to get to. I would say the pool makes this a good family option, however there is no free breakfast (which may be a deal-breaker for families). In the end, it's simply a very good choice with no real drawbacks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for such a great review. We would be honored to have you visit us again.