Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
$119
$148
$135
  • Pool
All reviewsthe women's floorfront deskshuttle servicerestaurant staffbreakfast buffetnice poolbusiness travelwould highly recommend this hoteltwin citiesenjoyed my staybed was comfortableupon checkup to datepool and hot tubvery nice hotelfitness centerfree shuttle
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I always stay on the all womans floor which is why I choose this exact location. The staff is professional, rooms and facility are always clean and Douglas is one of the best drivers I have had in my shuttle experiences in MN. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: If you are a woman traveling alone or with other female travelers, opt for the all womans floor. The piece of mind is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for the review and Doug thanks you. Doug has won the award for best driver in Bloomington 6 times. So, you are getting one of the best drivers. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Room - clean and spacious. Lots of little perks.

Indoor pool - sweet! Very clean and great facility.

Staff - nice and accommodating.

Location - relatively close to mall and downtown.

Wonderful experience all 3 days we were there!

• Stayed: June 2013

and Thank you!

Come back anytime.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Douglas our driver was very nice and professional. I would say he gave us 5/5 stars service. Thanks! The hotel was very clean, it had a nice bar called NORTH in it. The check in process was smooth and since I was on a business trip they got all of my coworkers get rooms on the same floor. The pool and jacuzzi were in doors and a nice place to relax. Though there was an inconsistancy, one night we were out there until around 10:30PM - 11:00PM, the next day they had closed it down at 10:00PM. Their official policy is to close it down at 10:00PM which may be too early in my opinion. Breakfast was standard and the servers were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the fantastic review. Sorry about the confusion with pool hours. Our pool area closes at 10pm on weekdays because guest have rooms that are poolside and usually need to get some sleep for their work the next day. We have our pool open until 11 on Fridays and Saturdays.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've spent close to 60 days in Crowne Plaza properties in the Minneapolis area over the last 8 months, but this was my first stay at this property. I was greeted as a Platinum Priority Club member, and opted for additional points rather than a free drink at the bar. I was told I had been "upgraded" to a "newly renovated" room and the small bathroom did have a distinctly upscale European feel to it, but other than that, it was a standard King bed room. The photos of the junior suites look nicer. One reviewer wrote of the free snacks and soda's on her floor, but all I've been able to find on mine was a bottle of Fiji water for $5.00 on my nightstand. I guess I'll have to upgrade to the next higher rewards level to get the perks they got.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank UsingPoints
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

The review you were reading that spoke of free snacks was from a guest that stayed on our Women's Floor. This is normally a $30 premium and is for women only so no men are allowed on the floor. We are sorry to hear that the complimentary upgrade that we gave to you was not appreciated. We have worked long and hard on these new renovations and are proud to show them off to our guests. We have added notes to your profile stating that you would like to try our Junior Suite the next time you visit our hotel.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I spent 9 nights at this hotel while on an extended business trip. It was absolutely wonderful! I stayed on the ladies floor, and I cannot say enough about how fantastic it was! Free snacks and sodas!! Who could ask for more! The rooms were nice and cozy, the staff was super friendly, and the rates were reasonable. I took the shuttle back and forth to the airport every day for work. Douglas, the transportation supervisor, was so wonderful! Rick was pretty great too! Douglas was so friendly and helpful! Rick told me about a beautiful lake with a walking trail just two blocks away from the hotel. I took a long walk one afternoon, and it was everything he said it would be! Just beautiful! Everyone at the front desk was smiling and helpful at all times, Courtney (I believe that is her name) especially! She even drove the shuttle to the airport to pick me up one afternoon! Now that's customer service! Room service was delicious and the folks that delivered it were always professional and friendly!
I heard a rumor that they are remodeling all of the bathrooms in the hotel. They are taking out all bathtubs and replacing them with walk-in showers. Even on the ladies floor!! Almost all of the business women I know love to take a long, relaxing bath after a long day on the road. Me especially!! Also, if your traveling with young children, this makes bath time difficult. It's not easy to bath a toddler in a shower!! I wish they would just install tub/shower combos!!!
Despite the shower disappointment and as long as the rates remain reasonable, I will stay at this hotel (on the ladies floor of course) every time I visit Minneapolis. Thank you Crowne Plaza team for going above and beyond and making my long stay quite wonderful! See you soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful words. We are remodeling bathrooms, however only half our rooms will have the walk in showers. Half of our rooms will remain with bath tub showers.