Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel was clean and the staff is very friendly. The location however isnt real close to anything you'd want to see so you'll need a car or you can take advantage of thier shuttle service. The in house restuarant is pretty good but be aware they are not open for lunch or dinner on Sundays. Overall however its a good hotel for business travelers. It isnt real close to the airport and each Crowne Plaza runs its own shuttle service so make sure you get on the right shutlle from the airport.

Room Tip: Free buffet breakfast if you join their awards program
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you for the review. Also thank you for pointing out that there are multiple Crowne Plazas in the area. I want everyone to journey to the right hotel. The right hotel of course is ours!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff from the front desk, to bar/restaurant to shuttle team goes out of their way to accommodate guests requests and make you feel at home. Big thanks to Doug and his team for making sure I made it to work on time!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much. We may not have some of those fancy perks some hotels have. We don't have a roof top yoga garden or free helicopter rides but we do have a great team of people that love their guests and really care about them. That's more then what many other hotels could say. Now that I think about it, we will look into seeing if we could do a roof top yoga garden and free helicopter rides, too.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited family and friends with the Plaza being our center of travel. I would say that the overall staffing was above our expectations. The seasonal flower arrangements were absolutely beautiful. Thanks again for the wonderful stay in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you! We are very proud of the people that work here. As for the flowers, they are pretty cool. We even have people stop by just to get their picture taken in front of the flowers.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It's a little deceiving calling it an Airport hotel. It's about a 15 minute drive from the airport. It in an office park area, so not much right around the property. There is a Burger King close by, if you need fast food. About 10 minutes from the Mall of America. One note for families. If you have a room with two double beds, they do not allow an extra rollaway in the room. If you have a room with a king bed, they do allow a rollaway (extra charge). One nice thing is that they have free coffee in the lobby every morning. There are coffee makers in the rooms, but it was just easier getting it in the lobby. Rooms were nice with comfortable beds. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice review. The next time you visit us, come see me. I will show you the many other restaurants that are near our hotel. They are much better then Burger King.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rick who drove us from the airport was super super nice so we wanted to give him a shout out. Go Rick! Also the hotel was really nice we couldn't figure out how to turn off the air conditioning but still good.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sminny

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed it and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a very nice CP property and in good location also. Just a few minutes from Mall of America and at is right off the 494 loop.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars but there was a little confusion in the reservation process and final bill.

I called in advance to find out what perks Platinum members receive. I specifically asked about breakfast vouchers and was told that they would be given out. Upon check-in that was not the case. Not a big deal, as an extra $10 really isn't the end of the world.

The other issue I encountered was the final bill. It was inaccurate and I was charged an extra night.. I also received a mini receipt/bill from dining charges (it was slid under my door) after my first night even though I stayed 3 nights. So back to the extra night I was charged, Courtney assisted in fixing that after I returned home from my trip. She was quite friendly and got everything straightened out almost immediately (and in just 1 phone call, in which I was very thankful for).

Upon check-in I was greeted as a Platinum member upgraded to a junior suite (room 267). I was also given the opportunity to choose between I think 500 bonus points, a free drink at the bar, or snack. I choose the points but I have not received them to date.

So, it seems like I'm beating up the hotel, but actually it was a really good stay for the following reasons:

- quality internet speed
- quality water pressure
- quiet rooms
- very clean and relaxing
- soft bed
- upgraded toiletry amenities beyond the normal CP offering

And the best thing about the hotel. They actually have GPS systems to loan (also ipods, but didn't use that). This was critical for me because the GPS on my phone would not work for some reason. This was the only hotel that I have ever stayed at that offered that, which for me was a big plus because I didn't have to go back to the airport to rent one.

In summary, I would stay here again. It is a clean, modern, and relaxing property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The location is convenient, the staff are great, but there were a few issues. 1. Turning off the light fixture above the door cut the power to the lamp between the beds; there was no way to read in bed and then just turn out the light. 2. The bed linens were stiff and "noisy" - not a terribly comfortable experience. Also, since this is MN, it would have been nice to have had an extra blanket or two in the room. I should have made a request to the front desk. 3. The heating/cooling system is controlled by wall thermostat, which is great, but there was no way to turn only the fan on. I usually turn the fan on in hotel rooms to block noise from other rooms and the hallway. I think most of these concerns could be addressed relatively easily.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Barbara B,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.