Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
chicago
“Great service!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff from the front desk, to bar/restaurant to shuttle team goes out of their way to accommodate guests requests and make you feel at home. Big thanks to Doug and his team for making sure I made it to work on time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much. We may not have some of those fancy perks some hotels have. We don't have a roof top yoga garden or free helicopter rides but we do have a great team of people that love their guests and really care about them. That's more then what many other hotels could say. Now that I think about it, we will look into seeing if we could do a roof top yoga garden and free helicopter rides, too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Iron River, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited family and friends with the Plaza being our center of travel. I would say that the overall staffing was above our expectations. The seasonal flower arrangements were absolutely beautiful. Thanks again for the wonderful stay in Minneapolis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you! We are very proud of the people that work here. As for the flowers, they are pretty cool. We even have people stop by just to get their picture taken in front of the flowers.
Minnesota
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It's a little deceiving calling it an Airport hotel. It's about a 15 minute drive from the airport. It in an office park area, so not much right around the property. There is a Burger King close by, if you need fast food. About 10 minutes from the Mall of America. One note for families. If you have a room with two double beds, they do not allow an extra rollaway in the room. If you have a room with a king bed, they do allow a rollaway (extra charge). One nice thing is that they have free coffee in the lobby every morning. There are coffee makers in the rooms, but it was just easier getting it in the lobby. Rooms were nice with comfortable beds. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice review. The next time you visit us, come see me. I will show you the many other restaurants that are near our hotel. They are much better then Burger King.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Rick who drove us from the airport was super super nice so we wanted to give him a shout out. Go Rick! Also the hotel was really nice we couldn't figure out how to turn off the air conditioning but still good.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Sminny
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed it and we hope to see you soon.
Greenville, SC
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a very nice CP property and in good location also. Just a few minutes from Mall of America and at is right off the 494 loop.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars but there was a little confusion in the reservation process and final bill.

I called in advance to find out what perks Platinum members receive. I specifically asked about breakfast vouchers and was told that they would be given out. Upon check-in that was not the case. Not a big deal, as an extra $10 really isn't the end of the world.

The other issue I encountered was the final bill. It was inaccurate and I was charged an extra night.. I also received a mini receipt/bill from dining charges (it was slid under my door) after my first night even though I stayed 3 nights. So back to the extra night I was charged, Courtney assisted in fixing that after I returned home from my trip. She was quite friendly and got everything straightened out almost immediately (and in just 1 phone call, in which I was very thankful for).

Upon check-in I was greeted as a Platinum member upgraded to a junior suite (room 267). I was also given the opportunity to choose between I think 500 bonus points, a free drink at the bar, or snack. I choose the points but I have not received them to date.

So, it seems like I'm beating up the hotel, but actually it was a really good stay for the following reasons:

- quality internet speed
- quality water pressure
- quiet rooms
- very clean and relaxing
- soft bed
- upgraded toiletry amenities beyond the normal CP offering

And the best thing about the hotel. They actually have GPS systems to loan (also ipods, but didn't use that). This was critical for me because the GPS on my phone would not work for some reason. This was the only hotel that I have ever stayed at that offered that, which for me was a big plus because I didn't have to go back to the airport to rent one.

In summary, I would stay here again. It is a clean, modern, and relaxing property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The location is convenient, the staff are great, but there were a few issues. 1. Turning off the light fixture above the door cut the power to the lamp between the beds; there was no way to read in bed and then just turn out the light. 2. The bed linens were stiff and "noisy" - not a terribly comfortable experience. Also, since this is MN, it would have been nice to have had an extra blanket or two in the room. I should have made a request to the front desk. 3. The heating/cooling system is controlled by wall thermostat, which is great, but there was no way to turn only the fan on. I usually turn the fan on in hotel rooms to block noise from other rooms and the hallway. I think most of these concerns could be addressed relatively easily.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Barbara B,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lake Crystal, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We did a park and fly trip out of the Crowne Plaza. The people all were very helpful and Rick our driver at midnight on a Saturday was quite the guy!!! Very friendly, helpful and committed to our service.

Overall a very good experience from beginning to end, we would stay here again with no concerns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends