This is a very nice CP property and in good location also. Just a few minutes from Mall of America and at is right off the 494 loop.
I would have given the hotel 5 stars but there was a little confusion in the reservation process and final bill.
I called in advance to find out what perks Platinum members receive. I specifically asked about breakfast vouchers and was told that they would be given out. Upon check-in that was not the case. Not a big deal, as an extra $10 really isn't the end of the world.
The other issue I encountered was the final bill. It was inaccurate and I was charged an extra night.. I also received a mini receipt/bill from dining charges (it was slid under my door) after my first night even though I stayed 3 nights. So back to the extra night I was charged, Courtney assisted in fixing that after I returned home from my trip. She was quite friendly and got everything straightened out almost immediately (and in just 1 phone call, in which I was very thankful for).
Upon check-in I was greeted as a Platinum member upgraded to a junior suite (room 267). I was also given the opportunity to choose between I think 500 bonus points, a free drink at the bar, or snack. I choose the points but I have not received them to date.
So, it seems like I'm beating up the hotel, but actually it was a really good stay for the following reasons:
- quality internet speed
- quality water pressure
- quiet rooms
- very clean and relaxing
- soft bed
- upgraded toiletry amenities beyond the normal CP offering
And the best thing about the hotel. They actually have GPS systems to loan (also ipods, but didn't use that). This was critical for me because the GPS on my phone would not work for some reason. This was the only hotel that I have ever stayed at that offered that, which for me was a big plus because I didn't have to go back to the airport to rent one.
In summary, I would stay here again. It is a clean, modern, and relaxing property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Crowne Plaza Bloomington is The Place to Meet. Whether you re here on a business trip, attending a meeting, on vacation or shopping at the Mall of America , your comfort and success are paramount. Located in the heart of the Bloomington, MN business district and just minutes from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP) and the Mall of America (MOA) with easy access to both downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. Complimentary transportation is available to MSP Airport as well as Mall of America. The Crowne Plaza Bloomington hotel near Mall of America features a contemporary hotel design and leading edge technology that includes complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout, 42 high definition televisions in every room, a state-of- the-art fitness center with Precor equipment, core and balance accessories, and a Jr. Olympic sized indoor pool. Comfortably appointed hotel rooms, a full service restaurant and lounge, and the Priority Club Rewards hotel loyalty program makes this hotel The Place to Meet. The hotel was featured on NBC s Today Show for its unique women s floor, featured as one of the Best Airport Hotels by Business Week Online, rated one of the Top Hotels by the MSP/St Paul Business Journal, and the recipient of the Meeting Service Excellence Award from Crowne Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Bloomington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington MN, North America