Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Crystal, Minnesota, Usa
“Nice People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We did a park and fly trip out of the Crowne Plaza. The people all were very helpful and Rick our driver at midnight on a Saturday was quite the guy!!! Very friendly, helpful and committed to our service.

Overall a very good experience from beginning to end, we would stay here again with no concerns.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'll be honest with you.....normally I don't put in the time to write a review unless I've had a horrible experience. Sadly the good, or even great, stays are rarely written about. But I had to make an exception this time.

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bloomngton (CPB) for a business trip. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much. I just wanted a place to rest and relax for a week. The staff was very accommodating, and worked hard to make sure that I was taken care of. And everything was easy to get to (lobby, business center) without much if any friction. But the highlight of my stay was definitely Wednesday (stayed from Sunday until Friday)

Disappointed by the website stating that there was a sauna on the premises (was removed during a renovation from what I was told - PLEASE UPDATE THAT ONLINE), I wanted to go to a real gym. Don't get me wrong, the facility on site was sufficient, but there is nothing like a full workout, and I wanted to play basketball. It's a healthy addiction. There was a gym about 6 miles away from the hotel, and I was told that it was too far for the shuttle to take me there. I went upstairs admittedly a little sad that I wouldn't get to feed my addiction for the week. And then something happened that has NEVER happened to me before: someone offered to drive me. Douglas Sloan. My elation was through the roof. This guy went out of his way to take me somewhere that he didn't have to. I work in retail, and nothing is more important (and valuable) than great customer service. Douglas took me to the gym, and was picking me up when I was done. I was FLOORED. Great service like this just doesn't happen anymore. And it is an under appreciated talent. I hate to sound cliche, but Douglas Sloan deserves a raise. The shuttle service, especially Douglas, makes me proud to say that I stayed at the CPB. It's a very enjoyable experience. If you ever go there, enjoy it: its fun.

I feel really bad that I cannot remember the name of the gentleman that took me to the service station to pick up some snacks after the restaurant in the hotel closed. That was also going above and beyond, and I truly appreciated it. I wish I could remember your name to give you your credit as well.

I'm very critical in how I view hotels.....my career in retail and sales has made me very attentive to detail, and CPB passed my eye test. My opinion may not matter as much, but if you're ever in Minneapolis, its really worth getting exceptional service at an affordable price.

Toyran Patrick
Mobile Manager
Best Buy

Room Tip: They actually have rooms right by the pool. If you like pool time, I strongly suggest them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Toyran P
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights to be near Fairview Southdale Hospital. Rooms are quite spacious with excellent housekeeping services. We liked that this is a medium-sized hotel so there was no large crowds. The menu at the restaurant/bar is diverse enough to satisfy most diners, with hearty salads to new York steak. Food was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant. My husband caught a bad cold when we checked in and the waitress who delivered room service breakfast on the first day went out of her way to make sure he was taken care of during our stay, including bringing up a bowl of chicken soup the next day. There's a covered swimming pool, fitness room and coin-operated washer/dryer.

Location is on the corner of 'MN100 & 84th. We discovered a couple of excellent restaurants about a half block away on 83rd -- Parma 8200 for contemporary Italian and Kincaid's steak house.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HoffersHawaii
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Our restaurant is also diverse enough for me to eat at five nights a week. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I hope the chicken noodle soup helped with your husbands recovery.
minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Read the reviews and thought that this might be a special place to stay. It was nothing out of the ordinary. The chair in our room was worn and faded out. the movie we watch continually stopped. The staff was good, the bed OK, but I felt the pillows were too soft, there were areas in the room that had not been dusted for awhile, nothing major. The coffee machine did not work the greatest. We ate in the hotel restaurant, the service was great the food was good. The only thing was the feel in the restaurant was like a High School cafeteria. The food itself was good, except the mashed potatoes had been scooped with and ice cream scoop and then microwaved to heat up they were slightly dried on the outside and cool in the middle. Getting in and out to the hotel with a car is not difficult but there are some one way streets to be aware of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear hjertsjo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your positive feedback on our staff and comfortable beds. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to provide an outstanding hotel stay experience with regard to the level of cleanliness in your room, food quality and hotel amenities. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by the hotel management and take actions accordingly.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Douglas was a great shuttle driver with excellent service and guidance! He gave relevant information and always had an upbeat presence. Overall the hotel was a great stay with fabulous service and a family atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2013
I thank you.
We all thank you and...
Doug thanks you.
I'm glad we were able to make your visit an enjoyable one.
Fort Dodge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

In February, 2013, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bloomington West the night before I flew to Florida for my Caribbean cruise. Douglas, the Transporation Supervisor, picked my friends and I up from the airport and also recommended a local restraunt/pub which was great! The next morning while on the flight to Florida, I realized I had lost my passport!! I was in a panic!! Thankfully when my passport was turned in to the hotel front desk, Douglas remembered me and knew I was flying out for vacation. When I called the hotel, he took my call and assured me he would get my passport to me by the next morning for my departure to the cruise ship. Douglas took my passport to the FedEx office in Minnapolis and it made it to me in Florida by 8:30 am the next morning!! I enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza but the staff, Douglas, went beyond what most people would have to help me out!! I am so greatful!! I would absolutely recommend this Crowne Plaza and be sure to stop and say hello to Douglas!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We try to hire super heroes and only super heroes at this hotel. Douglas was one of the first super heroes hired when this hotel opened and he is still always vigilant for opportunities to save the day. We hope you had a great time on your vacation.
Yatton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here the one night between flights. Quick and easy shuttle transfer to/from hotel to airport and also to Mall of America. Very spacious room with a massive comfy bed and TV. Very friendly staff in reception and lobby. Would stay here again - reasonably priced too. Thanks.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and get to stay on the P.C. floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. Besides being a good place for a stop-over, we are also a pretty good place for a rest, get-togethers, rendezvous, meetings or lunch. You can also just stop in for a news paper and a chat with the service agents. We love it all. Thank you again.