“Douglas saved my vacation!!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 20, 2013

In February, 2013, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bloomington West the night before I flew to Florida for my Caribbean cruise. Douglas, the Transporation Supervisor, picked my friends and I up from the airport and also recommended a local restraunt/pub which was great! The next morning while on the flight to Florida, I realized I had lost my passport!! I was in a panic!! Thankfully when my passport was turned in to the hotel front desk, Douglas remembered me and knew I was flying out for vacation. When I called the hotel, he took my call and assured me he would get my passport to me by the next morning for my departure to the cruise ship. Douglas took my passport to the FedEx office in Minnapolis and it made it to me in Florida by 8:30 am the next morning!! I enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza but the staff, Douglas, went beyond what most people would have to help me out!! I am so greatful!! I would absolutely recommend this Crowne Plaza and be sure to stop and say hello to Douglas!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We try to hire super heroes and only super heroes at this hotel. Douglas was one of the first super heroes hired when this hotel opened and he is still always vigilant for opportunities to save the day. We hope you had a great time on your vacation.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here the one night between flights. Quick and easy shuttle transfer to/from hotel to airport and also to Mall of America. Very spacious room with a massive comfy bed and TV. Very friendly staff in reception and lobby. Would stay here again - reasonably priced too. Thanks.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and get to stay on the P.C. floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. Besides being a good place for a stop-over, we are also a pretty good place for a rest, get-togethers, rendezvous, meetings or lunch. You can also just stop in for a news paper and a chat with the service agents. We love it all. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a great place. Amy checked us in and she was awesome. We parked our car while we were on vacation. Very nice and easy transportation to the airport. Easy for us to say this is the best place in the twin cities. We will be back. Great rooms, comfy beds, pillows ect. Thanks for a great stay. We ate in the restaurant pleasant quiet dining experience as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here once. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with a warm smile. Everyone there was very friendly. The stay was great, very quiet, and very clean. The beds were super comfortable and the hotel itself is beautiful. We would definitely go back again and again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great words. You and your boyfriend or whoever you would like to bring are always welcome to come back and stay with us any time.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last night. Check-in was fine, except the agent neglected to give us the free breakfast coupons we had purchased with our package and we had to make an extra trip to the desk to get them. The room was nice, very clean and quiet. Comfy bed with several pillow choices. A card beside the bed invited us to call housekeeping if we wanted even more choices. The room included a microwave and a small refrigerator. Wireless internet was cool. We had the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant - very nice fresh fruit, but hot food was bland.

1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week during a friends trip to the MOA. This hotel was everything we expected...and some! We scored a great deal on Expedia, and we were blown away at how luxurious this hotel was.
We loved the rooms...The beds were amazing, the rooms were spotless, and the mini fridge we had was a great addition.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic! Take advantage of the buffet breakfast-they spare no expense!
We loved the location! We rented a car to go into the St. Paul and it was easy to get there and back.
We will definitely return to this hotel.
The only pitfall was that a friend had went out late and left their key in our room. The front desk staff wouldn't phone up to the room to wake us up, so he had to wait until 6am to get back into the room.

Room Tip: The Higher floors have a better view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
TBlackwell, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thanks for writing such a great review.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 10 months. Love the cleanliness and decor of the rooms! Quiet, have gotten good rest while there. Both times we tried the restaurant;the first time for dinner with 2 children. No one liked their meal. The second time we had room service breakfast; omelettes, hash browns and toast. The worst omelette we have ever had! Way over-cooked and gross! Hash browns were burnt and so oily and chewy, we could not eat them. The wheat toast was superb with jam. Skip the restaurant. We were not greeted with a smile as we approached the check-in desk. Housekeeping staff is honest and they do a great job. I forgot a prescription pain med and it was returned to me! I was amazed! Will stay here over and over again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm glad your stay was a great one but I'm sorry to hear about your food experience. We are currently making lots of plans for improvements. The pool area and bathrooms are being improved right now and we will be looking at our menu and restaurant experience next. Thank you for informing us about your food as it will help us to make it better and better.