Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a weekend and the hotel was just ok. Price was right on Hotwire but rooms are furnished ok and bed are fulls not queens. Would think that they would be queens. Probably wouldn't stay again. Service was not that great either. Watch out for the prices in the bar. Very expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Wyndmere

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were very happy with our stay. We spent one evening there. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a nice pool area. The only advise we would give and that would be to skip the breakfast buffet. It had a lot to be desired. We will stay there again. Great location too.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms seemed like they would be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dollysfolks
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I were met at the airport by Valley Limo, to be transported to the Hotel Sofitel. Unfortunately, we didn't realize the driver was dropping us off at the wrong hotel (Crowne Plaza) until we went to check in! That's when Douglas Sloan stepped up to the plate. He offered to deliver us to the Hotel Sofitel while he was making a trip to the airport. What a nice service.... and to folks who were not even staying at the Crowne Plaza! Thank you Doug!!!

2  Thank Hawk170
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Excellent experience at this hotel. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious and the desk area is well-organized for working with great internet access. There is no need to rent a car as the hotel shuttle is exceptional at taking you where you need to go and picking you from your business at the end of the work day. The Transportation Supervisor, Douglas, is the best!!!! He even made a "special" trip for myself and a co-worker to go to the Mall of America. Doug goes above and beyond to make every person feel like a VIP. He even took a couple of people from the Crowne Plaza to their correct hotel after the airport taxi dropped them off at the Crowne Plaza by mistake. Where else can you get this kind of service? Thank you Crowne Plaza for a very enjoyable stay. I am going to recommend your hotel to all of my co-workers when visiting the Minneapolis area.

1  Thank KConn312
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On arrival slightly harressed after going to the wrong hotel I was greeted by the receptionist and a wonderful man whose name sadly i cant remember. We talked a little about golf and London and I was given my key. My room was on the womens floor. A little haven for us girls with robes slippers and a fridge/freezer in the hallway full of complimentry goodies.
The room I reserved was a kingsize room and it was lovely. Big comfy bed and a wonderous assortment of pillows from duck feather to hypoallergenic.
The shuttle leaves every hour for the airport where you can hop on the light rail to Downtown and every few hours for the Mall. If you fancy a little walk then Normandale Park is about 5 mins from the hotel. A stunning place to stretch your legs. I didnt use the pool or the hot tube as i forgot my bathing suit but it did look nice and properly maintained.
The food was great. In the North Lounge they serve a breakfast buffet with a wide variety of hot food and cereals and the service was impecable.
All in all I went on this trip to relax and shop and thats exactly what I did and the hotel is the most perfect place to relax. Thank you Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Ladies travelling on your own or a Girls weekend. Womens floor its on the ground floor and a real ha...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank astrid1419
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I traveled to Minnesota for a business week with Best Buy. Throughout the week we obivously needed transportation to and from various events and dinners. EACH time we wanted to go somewhere DOUG SLOAN gave exceptional service. There were several times when he made reccomendations that ended up making our experience so much better. He was extremely engaged in our business purpose and showed genuine enthusiasm for us to be happy. He is a valuable asset to this company. I cannot say enough about his professionalism and dedication to his job. I also let our Best Buy travel advisors know that they should continue to do lots of business with The Crowne Plaza Bloomington just because of people like Doug. Thank you

Room Tip: ASk for DOUG when using the shuttle
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am a new employee for one of the Minneapolis area large employers, Best Buy, and have had the oportunity to stay at this hotel twice this past month. There are a couple of things I'd like to mention that made my stay FANTASTIC, for which I will be returning. Shuttle Service: The shuttle service is outstanding! I had one driver, Douglas Sloan, primarily support my shuttle trips and on-time safety to my destinations. Each day of service, I was greeted with the highest respect and was dropped off on time for my meetings. I actually looked forward to my daily shuttle ride due to the pleasant conversation and the opportunity to learn more about the area from a MN-born driver. Because of Douglas, I was able to gain additional value from my trip outside of just work. He is top notch. Women's Only Floor: WOW does not even express the experience on this hotel's floor. If you are a woman traveling alone, asking about this floor is a must! You are treated liked a lady in so many ways! Restaurant: I ate four nightly meals at the hotel and have to commend the service staff for their kindness and service. Upon return trips they make a big deal about having you return. And, the chicken rice soup is to die for!

Room Tip: If you are a female, ask about the Women's floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business