Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
MEDFORD
“Stay and fly”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed and left our car parked while on our vacation. Felt the car was safe while we were gone. The shuttle drivers were excellent, especially Rick, gave us directions upon leaving and was very informative. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MICHEAL C
CrowneFOM, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Hello MB C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay in March. I have shared your feedback with Rick and the rest of our staff.

We hope you had a great time on your vacation and look forward to seeing you again!

Yours in Hospitality,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Modesto, California
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed on the women's only floor and let me say that the best thing about it is the FRIDGE! It is full of all you can eat Snickers, Hersheys, & Dove Ice cream bars there are also waters adnd every soda you can think of. The fresh flowers part are only in the hallway but it is still a nice touch & the scale inside the room needs to not be there. The only bad thing I can say is there is not much within walking distance, I was at the mercy of the hotel shuttle which is nice but if you want to stay out late or find a bar it can be troublesome.
Here are the nicest people there you should talk to: Courtney: Front desk-she was super helpful and not impatient with answering all of my questions. Rick-shuttle driver and he is very helpful too. I saved the best for last which was the bartender Greg-I would stay there again just to have great drinks & chat with him. He helped me try out new drinks (Cherry Kamikaze & a drink that was just like cinnnamon toast crunch) he was also very helpful answering all of my questions about local places to go. Overall great stay, the staff I mentioned are really great people there were a few non-helpful front desk clerks but I didn't get their names.

Room Tip: Women's only floor you get free drinks and snacks so it is worth it, only problem is there is no...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Autumn K
Hello Autumn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback from your stay with us in March and have shared your comments with our staff. We especially enjoy hearing which employees stood out to you. I am sorry to hear that some of our staff was unable to help you with any requests you may have had.

The ladies floor is certainly a treat and we're happy you enjoyed the luxury of such an exclusive amenity that we offer.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I always stay here because they have all the amenities I care about - excellent machines with individual tvs in the workout room, good coffee in the morning and comfy beds and towels. Shugg at night reception is great even in the middle of the night - has solved several problems for me calmly and efficiently - like when a guest accidentally put down the wrong room number and charged their bar bill to my room and when there were smokers on my floor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KEAontheroad
CrowneFOM, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the compliment of the service you received during your stay and the amenities offered. It's great to hear Shugg was able to take such good care of you overnight when any issues did arise. We've passed your feedback along to our staff and manager's to encourage all of our staff to provide the same service you received to all our guests!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was here on business for three nights and have stayed here before. In general it's a nice hotel, pleasant staff, clean rooms, good shuttle service, etc.

However, on this trip I got a really noisy room. Don't book room #255 - right by the elevator room, had machinery noises on and off all night. I live in Chicago, am used to traffic, sirens and people noise, and I can sleep through almost anything, but this was like a two-ton coffee grinder cycling on and off in 60 second bursts all night. After two nights of hardly sleeping, I did call the front desk to ask about the noise; the clerk was friendly but said there was nothing she could do about it. She offered to deliver a pair of earplugs to my room.

If not for the noisy room, I'd rate this hotel 4 out of 5; in all other respects, it's pretty nice, and the other rooms I've stayed in are much quieter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Beth60625
CrowneFOM, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Hello Beth,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel during your visits to the Twin Cities and want to ensure you continue to enjoy your stays and have a good nights rest. I can make a note on your guest profile that you would like to be assigned to a room away from the elevator and ice machines for any future stays. In fact, we also have a floor that is designated as a quiet zone as well if you're a light sleeper. We will be installing new elevators this year as well so when that project is complete it will alleviate the elevator noise that you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional special requests you'd like me to place on your profile.

Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Bloomington and sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Jill Nothwehr, Front Office Manager
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stay her every time I travel to Minneapolis/St. Paul, Not only is it convenient to all of my accounts, but getting downtown is a breeze! Hard to find a hotel with great food, this is it! Nice bar too and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: Request a room off the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Tim P
Minnesota
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We've used the Crowne Plaza twice for their "Park, Stay and Fly" service. I highly recommend this the next time you fly out early in the morning. Both times our flight was @ 6 am. It's soooo nice to go to the hotel the night before, enjoy the pool, exercise equipment, hot tub and sauna. Sleep like a baby and head out of town the following morning. Their shuttle starts @ 4am and runs every half hour I believe. When you get back from your flight, you call them and both times they were at the airport to pick us up in less than 10 minutes.

To do a "park and fly" for a week at a parking lot will cost you $84.00. Stay overnight here and it costs around $111.00. Well worth extending your vacation by another day for a few extra bucks. And, if you prefer, they will shuttle you to and from the Mall of America, no charge.

Rooms are nice, bar is nice and the staff is fabulous. In fact when we returned from Mexico in our sandals, I jumped in my van and it wouldn't start. It was 10 degrees outside. The shuttle driver brought us back to the lobby, the maintenance guy came out and jumped the van. "No charge sir, we're just glad you chose to stay with us". HOW NICE IS THAT???? Use this Park Stay and Fly Service, you won't be disappointed!

Thank you Crowne Plaza, we will use your service again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dino17
Onaway, Michigan
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne that is next door to the Norman Pointe ll building near olive garden... which by the way is only .2 miles from the hotel. When we asked to be taken to Olive Garden, I specifically asked "how far ahead of our time to return should we call for a ride"? The desk clerk said to me.."just call when you are ready to return". We were only .2 miles away!!, So, I called approx 15 minutes before we wanted to return. We were told it would be 1+ hours!!!! We called at 6:20 and were picked up at 7:20 when the shuttle returned from the mall. I was livid! And the shuttle only goes to the mall 2 times in the evening?? Thats crazy. We asked why and were told.. "we are set up to cater to the business people of the area". Amazed at the responce is all I can say. We were there for business! AND they had at least 20 rooms filled for our group.
In addition to that, Towels were not picked up off the bathroom floor all week, AND, trash was not emptied daily in the bath, and I know for a reason that will not be discussed here. My room mate commented 2 times on dishes that sat outside peoples doors for the ENTIRE DAY! That was not good. They were there when we left in the morning, and still there when we returned after 4pm. So, that tells me, no one checks the hall.
There were a couple of nice things, the pool was huge, but unfortunatly I saw things floating near the bottom that looked like food. They do have a work out room, that is about the size of my closet, and was HOT. But the equipment (what there was of it) was nice, but had no operation directions on any of it.
The one solid good thing I can say, is that the restaurant, bar and the associated staff were good. The food was nice, waitstaff attentive and kind, drinks were good. However... the first night we did happy hour, the appitizers were advertised to be 1/2 off.. not. So, if you want an overall shoddy stay for what I feel is over priced, this is your place to stay.
Next time we will stay across the street where refrigirators do not cost $10, and there is a microwave in every room.

Room Tip: They do advertise a 'womens only' floor and 'adults only' floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business