“Amazing customer service”

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Gilbert,az
“Amazing customer service”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

To make a long story sort, there was about 6in of snow on my car in the morning when I went out to the car. I unlocked the car and started the engine. I got out the Brush/Scraper and shut the door. The car locked itself! My Cell phone, Purse and Computer were all in the Locked and Running car. I was on my way to very important business meeting and was desperate to get my car unlocked. I called AVIS from the hotel courtesy phone and got in contact with the “road side assistant”. The man I spoke with said he could not help me because I did not have a phone number I could be reached at. I told the man that I was going to be late for a meeting that I could not miss and if someone from the hotel could be contacted about the car. He said no! The customer HAD to be there!
Fortunately the Hotel “Homewood Suites” has WONDERFULL customer service. The Hotel drove me to my meeting and they asked me if they could contact AVIS again on my behalf. When Tina and Dulce (from the front desk) called AVIS they got the same man that I talked to. He finally said that he would send someone out to unlock the car and let the front desk be the point of contact. I got back to the Hotel at noon dreading to talk to AVIS again and was absolutely thrilled that my car was already unlocked and my personal items were secured behind the front desk. Homewood suites went out of their way to make sure my stay was wonderful. Besides their wonderful customer service I cannot say one bad thing about my stay. My room was perfect, Housekeeping was excellent, Breakfast was very good and much more than I expected. Maintenance was very helpful to dive me to my meeting. The free shuttle that takes you across the street to the Mall Of America was great.
Tina, THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. Without your help the visit to my customer could have been disastrous.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Homewood Suites at Mall of America is a great place to stay for leisure travellers. Its near to the airport and there are multiple shopping and dining options in the vicinity. For the shopping and dining options people dont even need a car- thats the best part. Homewood offers a complete breakfast spread and in the evening snacks and sodas from Monday to Thursday. The hotel was also very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven J
Central Wisconsin
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We travel to Minneapolis every December for a pre-Christmas Mall of America shopping trip. This has, by far, been our favorite area hotel. The staff is so incredibly pleasant, friendly and helpful!

The hotel is right across the street from the MOA, walking distance, for sure. We took advantage of the warm shuttle, though, as we have two children with us and it was close to zero degrees. Back and forth from the mall, the shuttle was always on time, even making extra trips between the set hourly schedule, when able to.

The breakfast here is what really sets this apart from other hotels. It is not the same as what other hotels consider a "hot" breakfast, with pre-packaged burritos and nasty mini muffins. It is a full breakfast. A waffle bar, eggs, sausages, potatoes, fresh bakery, bagels, cereals, hot oatmeal with the trimmings (not a basket of packets), a large variety of cut up and whole fruit, yogurts.... Even a picky eater can fill a plate and want to go back for 2nds. It's all served in this lovely atrium style room with vaulted ceilings and fireplaces, not the usual "night-time bar turned breakfast room" that most hotels do. It's nice enough that patrons knew enough to not show up in their pj's... ha ha.

I didn't rate the kids activities/pool at 5 stars just because there really wasn't anything special there. The pool is basic, no hot tub or sauna and there are no other additional kids activities. Even though we bring along our little kids, I don't really mind this at all. It's plenty for them and it keeps the hotel from being an absolute zoo. If we wanted that madness we'd take the kiddos to one of the waterpark hotels instead.

We will definitely continue to stay at this hotel. It's our favorite!

1 Thank WarmMeUp
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This Homewood Suites exceeded my expectations of a basic chain hotel. The hotel staff were so pleasant, very accomodating and provided excellent service. Our room was beyond expectations as it was a suite with a full kitchen and completely separate bedroom all with updated features. Then, there's the free breakfast (outstanding) and free dinner ooo! Amazing value for a very reasonable price. Extra special thanks to Miss Emily at the front desk; she's just a genuine sweetheart and made sure that all of our needs were met. Don't spend more money on a more trendy hotel; stay here. It's excellent!

1 Thank Michelle P
Wi.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We arrived "Home" Dec 4th after a grueling winter drive to MPLS. We planned on the best window to make the drive. Arrived early, they graciously allowed us to check in early. Having stayed here before this is our favorite park and fly hotel. Great customer service. Love the comfort of the suites. Enjoyed supper and breakfast. Shuttle service to airport and back again was seamless. We will stay again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank relics
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great customer service from the moment we walking in door. The front desk attendants Emily and Dulce were very friendly and courteous, always smiling. They offer information and directions prior of us requesting it. They went above and beyond to enrured our stay was pleasant and an enjoyable one.

The complimentary breakfast and dinner were good and tasty. The room was clean and inviting to stay there. The shutter bus to the mall of America was on time every time. Very convenience after long hours of walking and shopping.

It was our first time in Minesotta in the cold weather and I must say that we will be back again and defenetly we will stay here again. We came to participante in the annual Operation Christmas Child distribution center, "what an amazing experience". If you are looking to share the Christmas spirit join the movement by going to the Samaritanspurse.com for more information.

1 Thank Diana B
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed December 13, 2013

During my recent business trip to Minneapolis I had the pleasure of staying at the Homewood Suites directly accross from the Mall of America and I have to say my stay was nothing short of amazing! The ladies at the front desk were nice enough to check us in early and then provide anything and everything we could ever ask for! The room was enormous and had everything you could ask for! We had an enormous breakfast every morning and Dinner was provided almost every night we stayed! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business