“Great one-night stay!”

Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great one-night stay!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Homewood Suites, and I must say, I was impressed. Although I arrived between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., the managers arranged a cleaned room for me within an hour of my arrival; they greeted me with smiles and encouraged me to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast (I desperately needed the coffee), and they even stored my luggage while I waited. Soon after my arrival, I took advantage of the hotel's proximity to the Mall of America by walking there; although there was some construction, I enjoyed my walk. I enjoyed a King suite on the first floor and found it very clean and well-appointed. I should note: I have pet allergies and did not experience any discomfort during my stay at this pet-friendly hotel (which demonstrates exemplary housekeeping, in my opinion). I also took advantage of the shuttle service to the airport, and enjoyed efficient transportation and wonderful conversation with the driver. If I return to Minneapolis/MOA, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank wolfpackgirl07
Robyn G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are super excited that you enjoyed your visit with us and that we were able to meet your needs! We are also very pleased to hear you were pleased with our shuttle service. This is something we have been focusing on and are continually tweaking. We feel very fortunate to provide this great amenity complimentary to our guests. I will share your positive feedback with our entire team regarding your experience. Thanks for taking the time to write such an ice review!

Robyn Goolsbey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

this was a great hotel was sick the first 2 days of our 4 days visit was suppose to be a Christmas shopping trip. the lady that cleaned the room alwayls left extra things for me because she knew that I was sick. great evening light meal during the week and breakfast was always great sometimes had to wait a few minutes for table or food to be refilled but was really great
cleaning lady made a towel elephant on my bed great to have full refrigerator and real glasses to use as well as separate bedroom so you can relax or sleep but husband could watch tv with out inturupting me wonderfull will be my 1st chose when going to bloomington

Room Tip: great place to stay right across from mall of America IHOP across the parking lot
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deb Phil T
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review for us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to please each and every guest we have the opportunity to serve. Thank you for your great compliments on our location and amenities. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Homewood for the long weekend and extremely disappointed. I have stayed in many Homewoods across the US and Canada and this hotel was very expensive for a two room suite that is very outdated. Customer service was apathetic and coffee/tea station was in need of replenishing every time I was in the lobby. Carpets are tattered and two room suite was very small. I would have been better off booking two seperate rooms. Yes... The location is perfect for the Mall of America. But you are paying a premium price for a not so premium hotel. Letter being sent to Hilton about the standards.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Proudmanxman1970
Thank you for your review. We do our best to make every guest have an exceptional experience. I'm so sorry we failed to do that! I look forward to the letter so we can get a better grasp on what needs improving. We use every comment as a learning experience!

New Richland, Minnesota
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed for a weekend getaway and it was fantastic! The hotel is one of the cleanest I've seen on a long time. The front desk staff sent us flowers and check in was easy. The food was good, although the seating was somewhat limited. We went down at a very busy time and had to wait a few minutes for a table. However, when some guests left, the girl helping out was very quick to clean it for us. We had never stayed at a Homewood before so we had no idea that the dinner was also included in the price! What a pleasant surprise. The pool was nothing to write home about but they did have some pool toys. A hot tub would have been nice. The room we had included 2 separate rooms, on bed room, on living/kitchen area and it was perfect for us. They also have a full size refrigerator that was very nice. The room was very clean and the housekeeping department was on top of things. I have allergies and I had no issues. Will stay here again next year!

Room Tip: Try to stay closer to the elevator. We were on the other side and it was a long walk.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lola m
Robyn G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Lola: You were sucha joy to have staying with us. I think the whole staff agrees that you made our day as well. We can't wait to see you next summer!

Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Really nice and friendly staff. Check in was a breeze. Anything I needed was there in a hurry.
Close to the mall with a few places to eat within walking distance. If in the area will stay again.
Thanks again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregory W
Robyn G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review. We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay! We hope to see you again real soon:)

Canton, Ohio
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fantastic. We had a suite with a closing door between livingroom and bedroom. Large flat screen TV in both rooms, plenty of pillows, full kitchen although we didn't use it. Breakfast in the downstairs diningroom was omelets, french toast sticks, bacon, home fries, menu varied each day, as well as the usual cold cereal, juice, coffee, tea. Staff was friendly and helpful. If we ever go that direction again, we will definitely stay at Homewood Suites.

After walking around Mall of America for a few hours, you will really appreciate the comfort of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandra M
Thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate all feedback and comments such as yours make our staff very proud! We look forward to having you as a return guest the next time you are in town.

Red Lake, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a great place to stay, very customer service friendly and if they have made a mistake in any way, they definaitely make it up to you. We love it because of the location, near the Mall of America, the free meals served at breakfast and supper and the staff all around are just a great crew!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Charmaine B
We were thrilled to read your review! We try to make sure our guest service is top notch and some times mistakes happen. We own them, and make sure we do everything we can to rectify the situation. I'm so happy that we were able to make sure you had a wonderful stay.