“Outstanding Service and Staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Extremely friendly staff and very outstanding service. Rooms were perfect for our group. Breakfast was always excellent and dinner was a surprising treat and very good. Front desk was extremely helpful providing driving directions and answering all of our questions. Maid service was perfect and we really enjoyed our "elephant" towel. Would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

995 - 1,001 of 1,159 reviews

Reviewed September 30, 2012

All of the staff was very friendly, helpful and always smiling, the shuttle service was always on time for the mall and all of the drivers just made you smile and carried great conversation, very quick to help you anyway you need and if you are satisfied with something they are quick to fix it the best then can or will give you a free night, complimentary breakfast was delicious, and cannot complain with the discount for mentioning we were on our honeymoon. The only complaint was the bathtub was on the small side for one person, let alone two people.

Room Tip: Second story floor room facing parking lot had bright parking lights shining in, but the second curt...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

All the staff has been most helpful with every aspect of our stay, going out of their way to make our stay perfect. Special mention of Sam and Elissa at the front desk, and Billy the shuttle driver. First time to this area and they were helpful to provide information to make the experience perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was greeted at the front desk by Sam. He was extremely pleasant and very quick with the check in. He remembered me every time I came downstairs and always said hello and asked if I was happy with my stay. I travel alot and he was the best I've seen at the front desk. Very nicely designed and maintained room. I'm actually a Facility Manager for a large retail store and every time I come here I can tell how well they maintain this place. All in all a great stay, highly recommended and conveniently located.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed at this location several times. The location is excellent and the staff is fantastic! Unfortunately this location is in desperate need of a remodel. Everything was clean, but old and well used. I've been locked out of my room several times and told (by staff) that they need to replace their locks on all the doors because this happens often. I was also told that it would cost almost $100K to replace the locks and the company doesn't want to spend the money! For gosh sakes, spend the money! Nothing is worse than being locked out of your room with a crying baby in poopy diapers. (That's what happened to me!) The hotel needs new beds, ESPECIALLY where the fold out sofas are concerned. The kitchenettes are awesome but well used. Our dishwasher was broken, and only 1 burner on the stove worked. Over all, I'll stay here again purely on location and staff alone...but it really really needs to be updated. I feel like Hilton (who owns Homewood Suites) is taking advantage of us, because they KNOW we'll stay there again even if they don't put a dime into the property...

Room Tip: I prefer the corner unit right next to the elevator. From memory I think it would be #2. For examp...
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel is very well located; across the street from the Mall of America. I stay there on business often for it's access to highways, MOA access and usually good rates.

Staff is nice and helpful and the rooms are clean.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My family of 5 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 5 days while visiting Minneapolis and the Mall of America. The hotel was extremely clean, the room we had was very large and well appointed. We walked to the Mall from the hotel, could catch a light rail train also at the Mall which would take you downtown. Once we were at the hotel, we did not have to drive much to see everything we wanted to see. The breakfast in the morning was always good and varied. We were not around to much in the evening for the light meal, though the offerings always sounded good. There is also 3 other restaurants within the same parking area as the hotel. We went to the TGI Fridays a few nights, later in the evening and they had drink specials and trivia and other fun things going on.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family