Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America
BestWestern.com
$107
Hotwire.com
1,178 results
All reviewsacross the streetfront deskfull kitchenwithin walking distanceparking lotseparate bedroomlight railhome away from homegreat place to stayking suitetgi fridaysevery hourcomplimentary breakfastpull out couchliving areawould recommend this hotel to anyoneshuttle service
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds. Located across from Mall of America. Value for price paid. Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Tony L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you for all of your positive feedback. As far as the issues you experienced with the Housekeeping department, I will address those immediately. We strive to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible and we will resolve this. Thank your for choosing the Homewood Suites Mall of America.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Nice rooms, convenient to Mall of America and airport, friendly staff and great rates. What's more to like?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is where we usually stay when we travel to the mall of america, and for the first time ever I was disappointed in the experience. The breakfast spread was not as diverse as I would have expected. We enjoyed the chicken/egg/biscuit sandwiches, but there was not much variety of fruit or pastries available. The rooms are great, but the blanket provided for the hide a bed felt like foam and was gross. We were taking my daughter to camp and I almost went out and got her bedding from the car in lieu of her using that blanket but she toughed it out. We have always enjoyed staying at any Homewood Suites, and this has been the first time I have ever been let down. We will continue to choose homewood suites, but may get a second room with the kids as they have outgrown the hide a beds if we have both kids with us. That would help cancel out the complaint about the weird blanket. I suspect we hit the breakfast on an off day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Tony L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations during your last stay. We are continually in process of updating our menus for breakfast and dinner. Thank you for your comment and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Mall of America.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We arrived on May 29, 2012 at 1:30pm and even though check-in says 3pm, we did not have any problems getting our suite right away. We travelled with our two little dogs and had to pay $100 flat fee, which we thought was very reasonable, however they do not provide bowls or a bed (which was not a problem for us). The rooms were clean and comfortable and if there was anything you needed, it was looked after right away by the friendly cleaning staff. (Note: Bring a small bottle of dishwashing liquid as there is none available at the hotel). The free wi-fi was easy to access, especially for a first time user. As long as you can get down to breakfast first thing in the morning, the selection was great (loved the flavoured creamers!). Coffee,tea and cold drinks were available all day long.You can either eat in the dining room or take it up to your suite and eat there. We stayed in the hotel for two evening meals and went to MOA one evening. The first meal was very tasty - chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce, pasta salad, green salad, beverages. The other meal was very dry and not worth eating - chicken cordon bleu, cold pasta that was supposed to be hot, garlic sticks. We ended up going out to eat again later that evening (definitely try Tucchi Benuch in MOA). The staff was very helpful, very friendly whenever I had any questions regarding the gym or laundry services. When I took my dogs out late night or early morning hours the security guard asked that I check in before returning to my room, as there are several doors you can come and go from. This made me feel as if they care about my safety. We were in town to shop til we dropped and could leave the dogs in the room as long as they were in their crate. We had our car (free parking), but didn't use it when we went to MOA, as it was a 5 minute walk across the street. The staff urged us to take the electric train downtown, and I wish we had. We spent more money and time on parking in downtown Minneapolis than we would have paid for our two return trips. The daily room rate was very reasonable considering you received two meals Mon-Thurs. I would definitely stay there the next time, and would never stay at downtown Minneapolis ever again. Surrounding areas like Eden Prairie and Edina are easy to get to, and are great neighbourhoods to do shopping. The ONLY disappointment was that I could not buy those soft comfy pillows right there at the hotel. If I could have, I would have bought four right then and there when we checked out, but you have to order them on line. Now that I'm back and it's been over a week, I have already forgotten about those lovely pillows and still have not ordered them. I think the hotel would sell quite a lot more if they were available right there and then (as the Delta Hotels offer in their cafe/shop).

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available. Non-smoking rooms are all on the same floor(s). Very clean exercise room with tv monitors and towels available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your accommodations during your stay in Bloomington. I am glad to here that we are upholding the level of service, in which we pride ourselves. Please visit us again.

Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there with my family for a week in April for shopping and vacation. Nice location across the street from the mall. But if you have a car, as we did, that doesn't matter much. Was very disappointed in the pool area. I thought I could take my young kids there, but realized the shallowest part was 3&1/2 feet. Not very child-friendly. There must be another hotel in the area that has a pool better for kids. Breakfast and evening reception nice, but often not a lot of options if you don't eat pork or are a vegetarian. Our room wasn't made up one day for no apparent reason. But they did bring us fresh towels when we called the desk about that. We got good advice from one young man at the desk about where to park at the mall which was appreciated. Overall, we had a decent stay but there was nothing remarkable about it. It was our 2nd stay there and I think we will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Familyoffour1
Tony L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

I am sorry to here of your issues with the depth of our pool. We have set items that we are required to served during our evening soical hours. Hilton ensures that we have a salad or salad bar available 3 out of the 4 nights that we serve dinner for individuals that preffer not to eat meat. I hope that you will give us another try next time you are in town.