“Good choice for Airport & Mall of America”

Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Greensboro
“Good choice for Airport & Mall of America”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I stayed here overnight before a flight home. This hotel is a good pick. They have an evening social with decent food included in the price. The rooms are good size. I had a 1 bedroom queen suite. The room was clean and the amenties were OK. The TV's could use an upgrade to flat panel or LCD. I had a good AAA rate . The bed was semi comfortable. I am certian an update is coming to the new Marriott bedding.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank mel88hrman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manitoba
Reviewed March 21, 2009

Can't beat $89 per night (Weds - Monday stay) for a 1 bedroom suite with a full breakfast! With two younger children, having the seperate bedroom, additional TV, and kitchen made life easier. The breakfast was great - waffles, breads/pastries, eggs and side dishes, cereals, juices, milk, yogurt. The breakfast staff was friendly and attentive. Also had the complimentary light meal one evening - salad and 2 varieties of soup - which was fine and saved us going out.

The room was clean and the dishwasher was loaded and run for us daily. Check-in and out was quick and the staff was friendly.

It was a quick drive or shuttle to the MOA. Access to the interstate was close and easy.

Only negatives were that the hot tub was too hot and our shower leaked a little. Also wish they offered recycling.

At the time we stayed, other comparable hotels in the area were considerably more costly. And we wouldn't have benefitted from staying at a hotel across the street from the mall, as this way we could leave jackets, stroller, etc, in our vehicle in the parkade where we could easily access whatever we needed.

Would definitely stay here again, especially if they keep their rates competative.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank vblossom
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Took my family and elderly parents on a trip to MOA. Booked this room and got it at a reasonable price and the pictures online looked awesome. Amenities looked sweet so decided to stay at this hotel. Let me tell you, never again. Walked into my suite and there was a half-eaten, brown apple sitting directly on the stove top. I blew that off and threw it away thinking that anyone could make a mistake. Went to make coffee and realized we only had one pod of regular for a full coffee maker. Went to the front desk and you would swear that regular coffee somehow became a rare commodity as they never had any. Front desk staff told me we could get regular coffee (by the cup) from their lobby area 24 hours a day however it was always empty! Our room was like a mile away from the front desk so I didn't need to use the fitness center here as I got all the exercise I wanted just trying to get coffee! No bath towels supplied in the room so I went to the front desk again to request bath towels. The desk clerk argued with me stating that they wouldn't forget to put bath towels in the rooms. I assure you, I have at least 20 bath towels of better quality at home, I don't need to scam cheesy hotel towels. Finally made my point and was graciously offered 3 bath towels (for 4 of us, nice). Tried using the Internet in the room and couldn't connect. Called the front desk, they hadn't a clue so gave me a phone number to call for the help desk (the phone number was out of service). Called and told the front desk this, and they told me that no one would be in until the next day at 10am. Next day at 10am called the front desk and Bruce arrived to save the day. Unfortunately he couldn't get the Internet to work either (I have a new wireless laptop so my computer wasn't the issue). Bruce being the hospitable guy he is called the help desk number only to find out that he couldn't get through either. He wanted to make sure my phone worked so he called the hotel's main number. Yup, the phone works. Bruce told us that wireless Internet was available in the lobby should we choose to go that route. I told Bruce I'd like it done in my room like the amenities state. Bruce said throughout the day he'd check with the help desk to see what they could do. By night number 2 we had intermittent, very slow Internet access. Our first day there we requested no room service as at that time we didn't really need it. Took the magnet off the door the second day as the room needed a little spiffing. Saw the guy cleaning our hallway so thought he'd come down by us to clean as well (we were the last room before the exit). Cleaning guy never showed. Next day no cleaning service attempted either. We ended up cleaning up our own towels, and spiffing our own room. One thing that also attracted us to this hotel was the shuttle offered to MOA. Took the shuttle our second day there. Called the hotel for a pick up as they state that the shuttle picks up at MOA at 10 minutes after the hour, every hour. After a long day of shopping was ready to go relax in our room. Upon boarding our shuttle, a group of 20, mostly loud and noisy children boarded the shuttle as well. The head guy of that group slipped the driver some money so he would take them to Chevy's restaurant (I was not aware that we could go anywhere with this shuttle, as far as I knew from the amenities listed we could go to MOA or the airport). What really fried me was these people weren't even guests at our hotel and the driver took them to the restaurant first and then we sat in traffic for 45 minutes because we had to go out of our way to take them there. Then the driver gets a call that the other 20 people in the group want to be picked up NOW at the MOA and taken to Chevy's. By this time us hotel guests aboard the shuttle were getting a little heated but still the van driver went to the MOA and picked up the other 20 people and again shuttled them to Chevy's. I was steamed and told the driver so, he didn't care one bit. The next day (Sunday) took the shuttle to MOA again, this time had a nice driver who told us we could call whenever we wanted to be picked up as Sunday's are pretty slow. When we were ready to be picked up, I called the hotel. The desk clerk told me that we would have to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. I told the desk clerk what the shuttle driver told me and he apparently contacted the shuttle driver because that wonderful man was at MOA in 8 minutes! The deluxe breakfast was ok, always cold and empty. Never any regular coffee available, but plenty of decaf. Asked the head kitchen lady if I could get some regular coffee from her for the room as the front desk was out, and she yelled at me stating that "I can't do that for you! You can get some when it is done brewing in here!" Also, was mighty cold in our room as our room had two large windows that apparently were not updated. Asked the front desk for extra blankets and one extra pillow, they were out of both (the hotel was not booked to capacity by the way). So we were forced to crank up the heat to 80 just to stay remotely comfortable in the room (we live in Wisconsin so it's not like we don't know what cold is). Went to use the pool and it was a little cool for a heated pool. Tried using the hot tub and it was so scalding that my daughter ended up completely red and burning after 5 minutes. I couldn't even get into the hot tub as once I dipped my foot into it I was burning. No, I will never stay in a Marriott hotel of any sorts again. I expected respectable service, amenities that actually work, and maybe a spiff in the room.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DisappointedinWI
ontario
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Nice, clean spacious 1 bdrm suite. Great Kitchenette and living room area.
Shuttle to MOA great. Staff Friendly.Very reasonable rates.

• Liked — Separate bedroom and full kitchen
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Our family of four stayed at the Residence Inn for 3 nights in late March. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and fireplace. At $199 per night we felt like it was a very good deal. The complimentary breakfast was great. We really appreciated the Mall of America shuttle (free) and how nice and punctual the drivers were. There were just a few small things that we weren't happy about:

1) The indoor pool is very small and the floor is unbelievably slippery. We saw at least 6 people slip and fall, one of them fell into the pool headfirst. It's so dangerous - they really need to resurface it before someone cracks their head open!

2) The remote control for our main t.v. didn't work. We took it to the front desk to get new batteries, but it still didn't work.

3) The toilet in the larger bedroom didn't flush well and was super loud.

Other than those things, we enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — free shuttle to MOA
  • Disliked — slippery pool area
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 4PackerFans
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2008

We had a great stay at the Residence Inn in Bloomington...with 6 people it is usually hard to get to stay all together but not at the Residence Inn..the staff could not have been more pleasant and met our wishes i had requested when booking which were 1st floor and early check in (10:30 am). The pool and hottub were clean and very nice...the 2 bdrm unit was spacious and very clean and beds are really comfortable. The free breakfast was easily worth 6-8 bucks per person for all the served each day. The location is great being very close to the MOA and the airport and they offer a shuttle service to both...we didnt use the shuttle service but folks i spoke with said it was a great service. The Residence Inn has a very nice sitting area complete with a fireplace and flat screen tv for gathering. If you have a large family or group the Residence Inn is in my opinion the only place to stay!!!

• Liked — Large rooms and excellent breakfast
  • Disliked — The cold weather
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Our room was spacious, what with the separate bedroom and living room and kitchen/dining room. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the Mall of America was very convenient. The complimentary breakfast was great. The hotel is clean and is a good value at $99/night. We'd definitely stay there again next time we have the urge to engage in nonstop shopping.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple