Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Bloomington)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitepool and hot tubfull size refrigeratoran extended stayfree hot breakfastwafflesfree shuttlefront desk staffwaffle makerevery houran upgradean updatebreakfast buffetthe hotel offerswould definitely stay here againsitting areathe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great breakfast, huge rooms and awesome housekeeping. The cardio equipment in the fitness center is clean and well maintained. The location couldn't be any better. 10 min from the airport and about 2 minutes to IKEA and the Mall of America. (They even have a free shuttle)
I hope I get to return here.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, you will know what your neighbors are doing above you and next to you. If you need quiet, I recommend the 5th floor on the end. Other than that, the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 2tired2choose
Reviewed November 16, 2012

we have stayed at this hotel twice in thr last 4 years. We choose it for the following reasons
1) the two bedroom suites. with 3 kids this ensures everyone gets a good nights sleep and we like having our own kitchen
2) proximity to the mall. it is a 2 minute drive or you can take the shuttle
3) the evening meals. free breakfast is great but this hotel also provides free evening meals on weekdays. they arent anything fancy but we find them less stressful, quicker and iously cheaper than eating out. last time we were there there was hamburger pasta on one night, salsbury steak, rice, burgers and hot dogs on wednesday night with free wine and popm and then burgers and hot dogs with chips on thursday. each night had a salad bar and brownies for dessert
4) the staff. im surprised to read some people have had issues with the staff, we have always found them to be very polite and friendly, having said that though they do always seem to be after a tip letting you know that they arent working tomorrow so this might be the last time you see them
5) the breakfasts are very complete and its easy to eat a healthy breakfast, not always easy in a hotel

the pool and fitness roomare nothing special, the shuttle runs more frequently than at some other hotels. Rooms were clean and nice, they dont have wireless internet in the rooms, just the lobby, that was dissapointing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JoS610
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am not so certain why there are so many negative reviews here about this place, but I will try to point out its few flaws along with its advantages. First of all, a typical residence inn. Clean, computer and printer access, swimming pool and jacuzzi, plus weight room, and decent comfortable rooms. The front desk staff, at least during the day and evening, was pleasant and helpful. Has a shuttle that runs on the hour to and from the Mall of America which was extremely helpful. There is a metro line that runs straight from the Mall to downtown Minneapolis so its convenience alone means that this is where I will stay on my next trip to Minneapolis. I cannot comment on the cleaning staff. I rarely ask for the cleaning crew to come into my room and simply request extra towels on an extended stay. I am also the type of person who keeps my room immaculate (other than the bed)-used towels are placed together, trash is bundled, and counters wiped down. Cleaning staffs work hard enough already. If I were too offer any complaint it is that night staff was not as friendly as day and screwed up my wake up time by setting it an hour earlier than requested (did they forget to set the clocks back for daylight savings time?). This would be nitpicking though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Clemente71
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am a travel agent and I came to Bloomington to try out a few hotels. I chose the Residence Inn first. I liked that it was close to the mall of america as well as the airport. I also attended a Vikings game so I was able to walk to the mall of america and take the light rail directly to the stadium. Some other positives is that the front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful upon check in, the hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. Now, the thing that really bothered me was the rumbling in the hallways. I know it's not the hotels fault if someone is constantly running up and down the halls. But on my first night, it felt like someone was moving furniture. This happened at 1am and continued for about an hour. Had no idea what it was but it made the floors shake. But the biggest disappointment for me was the WiFi. I'm always on my laptop and I tend to choose hotels that offer free WiFi in the rooms. To my disappointment, the signal was horrible. Once I logged on I was kicked off. I couldn't get any work done. This was a huge headache for me.
So overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The staff was nice and the rooms were clean and the location to the mall and airport was great. But the main 2 things that I needed (peaceful sleep and WiFi) was not available to me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I checked into my room on Monday to find broken glass, and food crumbs on the floor. It was very apparent the room wasn't properly cleaned and vacumed. The next thing I found was that the toilet wouldn't flush. After three trips, the maintenance man was able to get the toilet to flush. Housekeeping was not efficient, and when I asked for an early clean up, it didn't happen. On Wednesday I asked for clean linen. When I arrived to my room the cleaning lady was just finishing up making my bed, and I noticed she hadn't changed the linen. When I walked in she immediately pulled all the linens off the bed and put the clean linens on, knowing she should have done that in the first place. I was not pleased that had happened. My business associate returned to his room after work, and his room had never been cleaned, and this was after the cleaning staff had gone home. The breakfast was mediocre with rubbery scrambled eggs, greasy sausage. In the evenings, the food was quite a bit better. The only thing this place has going for it is it's location to the Airport, and the Mall of America. My last night there, there was a knock at my door. I looked out the peep hole and there was a man standing there that I didn't recognize. He kept knocking so I called the front desk to alarm them of the situation. My room was right next to the exit so it may have been someone who wandered in. Other than that, it is your basic Residence Inn with nothing special. There is a Courtyard next door that looks pretty new, so next trip I will probably stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business