“Clean, relatively nice”

Waterpark of America
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about going here after reading some of the other reviews but I have to say this place wasn't bad at all. We've been to several in the Wisconsin Dells area and those are big and exciting. This is a much smaller scale but still just as fun.

Nice area for the little ones, slides exciting enough for the 8yo but I can see a teenager being bored. They do have a body surfing area and that was always busy.

Plenty of places to sit so we didn't have a problem. Easy to get to to and enough parking so that wasn't a problem either.

The locker rooms are incredibly tight but clean and there are two stalls to change in - a plus with little ones.

All in all a nice way to spend the afternoon on a frigid day. They do have flip-flops, goggles for sale in the entry which was handy.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Brought our 2 kids ages 5 & 7 for a weekend family Christmas party to the water park with my nephews ages 9, 10 & 12. All of the kids had a great time. Plenty of rides and pools for all ages. Staff were friendly and helpful. It was a busy sold out weekend at the hotel and the water park was never overly busy. No long lines and plenty of chairs and tubes. The water and air was really warm and the best part was my kids could go on any water slide wearing a life jacket. A lot of other water parks require them to be a certain height in order to go on most rides but the only requirement here is they wear a life jacket that they provide free of charge and then they can go on any ride. Personally I prefer them in a life jacket anyway. Makes me less worried. It is a bit expensive but I think worth it for some family fun.

Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! It sounds like you had your hands full having a blast at the Water Park of America. Our goal is fun for the entire family. We look forward to having you visit us again!
Yvette P.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Spa or waterfall area was very nice. Sitting under a warm waterfall extremely relaxing. Duaghter enjoyed the waterslides. Snack bar overpriced was to be expected. Would go back.

Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Happy Holidays!
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor! We try to create a relaxing environment in the Whirlpool areas and am glad your experience was satisfying. We look forward to having you with us again soon!
Yvette P
Admission Coordinator
Water Park of America

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I brought my 8 year old here with 3 of his freinds for his birthday. It was clean and the pools were not over clorinated. Don;t expect to find too many deals of coupons, I looked and found none and paid full price. The lifeguards were great and helpful. The food court was overpriced as expected, but good.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We loved coming here for a day after soo much shopping, it was nice to get off our feet. We are adults,(30 y/o) with no children and we loved it. The lazy river was nice way to relax, the family slide is amazing and super fun and fast, a little scary but great. Other then the screaming children it was a really great time.

Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are pleased that you and your family have had wonderful experiences here. We look forward to having you again.
Yvette P.