“Over priced”

Eagan, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over priced”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very over priced and boring for those over 10 after a 2 or 3 hours. I would suggest the 1/2 day pass. The kids had fun and so did my husband and I, it was just too pricey.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank SStars
Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that your family had a good time even though you feel the prices are high. We do offer promotions through out the year. If you have more questions about pricing at the Water Park of America, please feel free to contact me at Ypeters@waterparkofamerica.com

Winnipeg, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Minnesto Water Park”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The whole family loved it! Excellent! We would all definitely go back and tell friends! Though our visit was before Nov.2011.

Visited November 2011
Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with your family at Water Park of America! We are looking forward to your return. You can visit our website at www.waterparkofamerica.com for pricing and hours of operations.
Thank you!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun Waterpark But Small”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was a fun waterpark for our first night at the Radisson hotel. It has several slides, a small wavepool, and a lazy river. But the most fun is the FlowRider where we pretended to surf on boogey boards. Unfortunately, this is a smaller waterpark with only six slides and two of them were closed during our stay. I would recommend getting the 1/2 day pass to go to this waterpark during your stay in Minneapolis. In my opinion, it does not have enough activities to keep everyone entertained with an all day pass. But it is a great option for your first night in town.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank dbqnative
Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We have many different attractions and aim to entertain the entire family. The FlowRider is an amazing attraction to have indoors and is always a grand time. I apologize that the 7th floor body slides were closed during your stay here. Feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your experience. ypeters@waterparkofamerica.com
East Providence, Rhode Island
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Really fun place”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a great place for kids and adults. The lazy river is fun, the slides are great and there is plenty to do. The kids play area even has its own slides and games. There is also a nice size hot tub. We had a great time and our group contained several people who don't really even like to swim. I definitely recommend it especially if you like water parks.

Visited September 2012
Yvette P, Manager at Waterpark of America, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Water Park of America appreciates your feedback. We offer many different options to appeal to a wide variety of guests. We are very pleased that your group and you had a wonderful experience and we look forward to many more!
Manitoba
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Meh park, not enough family tubes, looking worn and dirty”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

For something different on our last trip to the Twin Cities, we thought a visit to the waterpark might be fun for the kids. We received a "special" admission for around $15 each for a Friday mid-day visit, with a discount from the MOA coupon book.

I've been to a number of indoor water parks, and found this one to look the rattiest of any I'd been too. Leaking tubes. Rust everywhere. Areas on the way up to the slides where people have thrown pony tail holders, towels, etc, yet hasn't been cleaned in a long time.

Plus, there seemed to be a lack of tubes for the family tube ride, creating a long wait on stairs for a turn, even though the park wasn't busy. A wave pool that is a poor, poor imitation of a real wave pool (like at West Edmonton Mall or Typhoon Lagoon). A small lazy river that bangs your feet and head into pseudo-rock decorations. Body slides that need to be adjusted, as many of the gaps between the tubes have obviously shifted over time, making the slides "uncomfortable" to go down too many times.

Overall, I was given the impression of a dullish, unimaginitive waterpark who's best years were behind it, and was obviously not receiving the capital investment necessary to keep it going.

However, our kids are always the best judges. After two hours, they wanted to leave. Kind of the kiss of death when two tweens are already bored after 2 hours.

Visited August 2012