“Great staff - slightly overpriced”

Minneapolis Airport Marriott
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Seattle, Washington
“Great staff - slightly overpriced”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I travel frequently to Minneapolis for work. I always stay here. The staff is very friendly, the beds are comfortable. You can walk to the Mall of America for dinner. The rooms are typical Marriott quality. The concierge room has a very nice breakfast, and only charges $6 for a glass of wine.

The only complaint that I have is that the rooms are quite expensive. The rates are almost always $199. They are charging a premium due to their location. But it is a strangely organized hotel. You will walk forever to get to your room. It looks like 2 hotels that were pieced together. And when I stayed there, most of the elevators weren't working. And they charge for coffee in the lobby (free in the concierge room). That just irritates me!

But besides that, it is a good place to stay on business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Lisa H
mspmn, Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. We do have the best staff in town here! I am glad that you enjoyed your time here. We agree this hotel is very spread out. I guess that is a good thing being near the airport. Unfortunately it is not something we can fix.
Again, thank you for your feed back. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were bumped from a flight in December and had to spend the night. The airline gave us a voucher for a different hotel, which didn't look great. I had a free night certificate (from my Marriott credit card) so I called and booked a room and the certificate was honored with no issues. The free shuttle took us to the hotel, where we were greeted by a very helpful and friendly check-in person. She told us that the shuttle to the Mall of American ran every hour, so after we checked in we rushed downstairs to get the shuttle, only to have missed it by less than a minute. The concierge radioed the driver, and after he dropped off his passengers, he came back for us. We were pleasantly surprised by this. The room was updated and the bed was very comfortable. With my Silver status we had access to the a 'courtesy suite' that had a selection of beverages and some snacks. The next morning we had a complimentary free hot breakfast in the same room. All in all the hotel was great and the staff was fantastic. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Minneapolis

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay. If you find yourself flying into MSP again please make us your home away from home.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 28, 2013

close to airport. airline put me in this hotel due to missed flight due to bad weather but it definately could use some upgrades to the rooms.didn"t sleep well because the heater was so loud even after adjusting it to a comfortable temp.love the free shuttle service to get around town and was very timely. overall ok for a pit stop.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Please stay with us again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Literally laying in hotel until I check out. Hotel meets all Marriott standards. Comfortable bed, cozy room and great shower pressure. Nicely decorated for the holidays. Ginger bread city in the lobby. I came for work but brought wife and 3 yr old. They took free shuttle to the mall.

The staff is always friendly. My reason for choosing it is the fitness center. Good size 10 - 15 cardio machines. Free weights and machines to lift. In the past I have also used the pool.

I would definitely stay here again if visiting the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Juan P
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for staying with us. I hope that our location is convenient for you with us being close to the airport and Mall of America.

Come back and see us soon.
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the MSP airport. The front desk staff is friendly, accommodating, helpful but that is where it ends. The elevator and hallways are SO OLD and tired looking. The rooms are ok nothing special, the bathrooms are tiny, room service is pricey for mediocre food. All in all I used to love this hotel but they REALLY need to renovate, update, spend some money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FargoJena
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We finished a renovation in 2010 and have quarterly refresh projects throughout the hotel. I would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to email me directly.
Omaha, Ne
Reviewed December 19, 2013

As a long term Marriott fan, I was shocked to encounter this shabby and cold hotel when we went to Minneapolis and stayed by the Mall of America. The biggest shocker, however, was that the thermostat wouldn't go above 74 degrees (it was 0 degrees outside that evening), which I realized is not just for one room but the entire hotel. In the morning, I woke up and tried to move the curtain in front of the window but it was frozen solid to the window. After staying at the hotel I reached out to management to make absolutely sure that I was correct in stating that they put a limit on the thermostat and they explained that they do (the girl replying actually said they limit it to 70 degrees, but sadly I know from personal experience that it is 74...)
We alternated between warm and very cold during the entire night we stayed at the hotel. The corridors were cold,dingy, dark and with faded wallpaper and carpets. The breakfast buffet had very limited choices and another dark environment.
This is a franchise hotel (not owned by the Marriott corp) and it shows. If you are in this area I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go here in the winter unless you don't mind that their thermostats are programmed to n...
1 Thank jncd2000
Chicago, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. My connecting flight had been cancelled due to weather so has to spend the night in MSP. This hotel was very convenient to the airport. The service was excellent. This excellent staff had more than their share of experience in dealing with delayed passengers. They could not have been nicer. The rooms were nice and comfortable. Typical of an airport hotel. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sure and pass this along to my associates in our news letter. We are very lucky here to have the best staff around. I hope that this will bring you back to our property upon your next visit to the Minneapolis/Bloomington area.

Thanks again!