“Third great stay!”

Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Chicago, Illinois
“Third great stay!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Literally laying in hotel until I check out. Hotel meets all Marriott standards. Comfortable bed, cozy room and great shower pressure. Nicely decorated for the holidays. Ginger bread city in the lobby. I came for work but brought wife and 3 yr old. They took free shuttle to the mall.

The staff is always friendly. My reason for choosing it is the fitness center. Good size 10 - 15 cardio machines. Free weights and machines to lift. In the past I have also used the pool.

I would definitely stay here again if visiting the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Juan P
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for staying with us. I hope that our location is convenient for you with us being close to the airport and Mall of America.

Come back and see us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the MSP airport. The front desk staff is friendly, accommodating, helpful but that is where it ends. The elevator and hallways are SO OLD and tired looking. The rooms are ok nothing special, the bathrooms are tiny, room service is pricey for mediocre food. All in all I used to love this hotel but they REALLY need to renovate, update, spend some money.

1 Thank FargoJena
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We finished a renovation in 2010 and have quarterly refresh projects throughout the hotel. I would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to email me directly.
Omaha, Ne
Reviewed December 19, 2013

As a long term Marriott fan, I was shocked to encounter this shabby and cold hotel when we went to Minneapolis and stayed by the Mall of America. The biggest shocker, however, was that the thermostat wouldn't go above 74 degrees (it was 0 degrees outside that evening), which I realized is not just for one room but the entire hotel. In the morning, I woke up and tried to move the curtain in front of the window but it was frozen solid to the window. After staying at the hotel I reached out to management to make absolutely sure that I was correct in stating that they put a limit on the thermostat and they explained that they do (the girl replying actually said they limit it to 70 degrees, but sadly I know from personal experience that it is 74...)
We alternated between warm and very cold during the entire night we stayed at the hotel. The corridors were cold,dingy, dark and with faded wallpaper and carpets. The breakfast buffet had very limited choices and another dark environment.
This is a franchise hotel (not owned by the Marriott corp) and it shows. If you are in this area I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go here in the winter unless you don't mind that their thermostats are programmed to n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jncd2000
Chicago, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. My connecting flight had been cancelled due to weather so has to spend the night in MSP. This hotel was very convenient to the airport. The service was excellent. This excellent staff had more than their share of experience in dealing with delayed passengers. They could not have been nicer. The rooms were nice and comfortable. Typical of an airport hotel. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be sure and pass this along to my associates in our news letter. We are very lucky here to have the best staff around. I hope that this will bring you back to our property upon your next visit to the Minneapolis/Bloomington area.

Thanks again!
Cloquet
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott on a Friday evening. I had a certificate for the room that I won at an auction, so I PAID for the room upfront, it was not free. Upon arriving we were pleased with the check in, the lobby, and the staff. Upon entering the hallway to the rooms, we could tell this was an older property with the narrow hallways and narrow door openings. Upon entering the room, we were pleased, recently remodeled, tastefully done. We soon noticed the noise carries, very poor insulation between walls and floors. We had neighbors across one wall, neighbors across the hallway (with small children allowed to run the halls, cry, and scream at midnight), and then of course, we had the ice machine on the other side of the wall (which some people felt necessary to use at 5 a.m.). Needless to say we had very little sleep. Again, the room itself was nice enough, just don't plan on getting a lot of sleep :(

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator, stairs, ice machine, etc.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response! I appreciate the feed back. I agree, we have a GREAT staff here and I am glad that you felt the same way during your visit with us.

I am sorry to hear about the lack of sleep while you were with us. Is is concerning to me as it is not a comment that I see a lot of. I hope that you will give us a chance in the future, as we will make sure we get you block in the best part of our hotel. Thanks again!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 5, 2013

2nd time staying at this hotel, always a good stay. Close to MSP airport. Lots of restaurant options close by along with Mall of America. Shuttle service available. Staff is very friendly. Looks like the hotel could use a few updates though, but otherwise good. The hotel layout is a little choppy and the rooms can be far from the front entrance. Good restaurant on property. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Closer to front desk and you won't need to walk so far.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your loyalty to us here at the Minneapolis Airport Marriott. I especially appreciate the kinds words about the staff. You are correct they are wonderful. We are lucky here at the Marriott to have the best staff in town.

I hope we get the chance to host you again when your travels bring you back to Minneapolis/Bloomington.
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed two nights for business. Great staff! Friendly and helpful. Our room was fine in the first section closes to the check in. New mattress and well appointed. Some noise from airport and elevator bell but not bad. Breakfast had numerous items to choice from and again a very friendly staff. Our second night there was no hot water and when called it was repaired in minutes. It is a spread out hotel as noted by others, but with the staff it makes it a great hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for one high and in the front section closes to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very glad that the interaction you had with the staff was great. We are very lucky here at the Marriott to have the best staff around.

It means a lot to the staff to receive the good feed back. We look forward to hosting you again if your travels bring you back to Minneapolis/Bloomington in the future.

Thank you again!