Minneapolis Airport Marriott
$140
BestWestern.com
$72
La Quinta
All reviewsthe concierge loungeacross the streetfree shuttlebit datedtwin citiesshuttle servicerooms are niceexercise roomfitness centerparking lotlight railairportikeamalldoormanconferencemoa
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I didn't want to spend the $300 bucks to stay in downtown Minneapolis so this was the next best thing. And it was great! Easy in and out of the city. Rooms big and bathroom tub good to soak in. Quiet. Easy parking. Walked back from Mall of America and Cirque du Soleil at 10:30 pm and felt perfectly safe. Good morning coffee and tea, including earl grey. At both breakfast and supper at the hotel (something I seldom do!) and was pleasantly surprised by both. The coffee at the front desk was stronger and better, in my opinion, than what they served in the restaurant. Good service. Airport shuttle ran on schedule.

Room Tip: We had a room by the elevator and I thought it might be noisy, but it wasn't at all!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank REJ810
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Minneapolis Airport Marriott. We have the best staff in town. We hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to town. Have a great day!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

No king bed rooms were available. Rented two rooms, very small rooms. Room's we got had two double size beds. Needless to say, me and wife could not sleep in bed together. The other folks we were traveling with had the same issue. Never had seen a marriott have double beds in rooms, but my guess is two queen beds wouldn't fit in these tiny rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A fairly standard business/close to airport hotel that needs some TLC to the rooms which look like they haven't had an overhaul for quite a while. The restaurant was similarly in need of an update, the food was okay but not anything to shout about. The staff were very good, no complaints there, it's just the building itself that needs work.

Very good for access to the airport and the Mall of America.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to give us a review. We do have the best staff in town here! I am glad that you enjoyed your time here. We agree this hotel is very spread out. I guess that is a good thing being near the airport. Unfortunately it is not something we can fix.
Again, thank you for your feed back. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference for work at the hotel. The front desk staff and doormen were extremely friendly and helpful. The room and the view of the courtyard from my window were both nice. The hotel in general was very nice and treated everyone at my conference well. It was one of the best conferences I have attended (referring to the setting and hospitality in particular). The food was all delicious (breakfast and lunch), but it was catered through my conference....I would not pay $12 for a continental breakfast.

Right next to Mall of America,shopping and great food....so the hotel is in a great location.

CONS:
Internet was $13 every 24/hrs.
The dark curtains the room didn't close all the way and the shear curtains let in a lot of light in the morning. If I hadn't had to get up early anyways, it would have bothered me much more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamie G
mspmn, General Manager at Minneapolis Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review us! I appreciate your feed back. We will look into the black out drapes as this is a concern. Most importantly I am glad that the staff made you feel welcomed and appreciated. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you will again choose to stay with us at the Minneapolis Airport Marriott.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel each time I go to Minneapolis. It is very convenient to both the airport and the Mall of America. Not so convenient to downtown Minneapolis, but you can get there in 20 minutes. The only issue with this hotel is that it is very spread out and maze-like. Other than that, this hotel is very customer centric and each and every staff member is very friendly. If you go to the bar, ask for Shawn. One of the best bartenders in the Marriott chain. Very knowledgable, extremely friendly and outgoing. One of the main reasons I keep coming back. Well that and the Marriott points. All in all one of my favorite hotels I visit. Very nice concierge lounge with a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Home away from home! Wow, thank you, that is what we strive for here at the Minneapolis Airport Marriott. I am glad that Shawn in the Bistro does such a nice job for you when you visit. It would be nice to have a tower hotel but I guess here at the airport it just isn't in the cards. Thank you for your feed back. We hope to get the chance to host you again when you are in town. Have a great day!