My family and I stayed here for one Sunday night in early August. We were returning from a family reunion in western Minnesota and had an early flight the next day from the airport. We decided on the Marriott because it was a full service hotel and we did not want to leave the hotel to go out for dinner after we arrived. As others have noted, the hotel is within walking distance of the Mall of America, but they do offer a shuttle bus there if you don't want to walk. They also offer shuttles to the airport which is less than a mile away. We had no trouble finding the hotel, it was right off the interstate. Check-in was very quick and friendly. There is a bar/Starbucks off the lobby but it was not open on Sunday. Some posters have mentioned that the hotel is large and hard to get around but we did not find that to be the case. It is laid out like a typical conference hotel with the meeting rooms in the center just off the lobby. The hotel rooms are then arranged around the outside of the meeting rooms. Our room was on the fourth floor on the south side of the building away from the interstate and the airport. It was very quiet and came with a small mini-frig and a good sized bathroom. Our beds were quite comfortable and the room was among the quietest I've had at an airport hotel. Overall, I would consider it be near the top for conference hotels.
After getting settled, we went to the concierge lounge which was a little empty being a Sunday night. In talking with the staff, we learned that much of their business is business conferences during the week since Minneapolis is a major airport hub for Delta. The staff member on duty was great and was very helpful in answering our questions on how best to get to the airport that day. After a few drinks and appetizers, we went down to eat at the restaurant, Bistro 57. As Marriott restaurant/bars go, this one was near the top. Our server, April,continued the great service we had been having since arrival. The food, as compared to some hotels, was actually very good and we were very pleased with our choices. We finished the evening by going to the pool. It is very large and all inside (it is Minnesota!). We didn't have a chance to use the fitness center, but it looked well equipped. We returned to the concierge lounge to grab some coffee and some cookies for our daughter. Apparently, while we at dinner, a large group had come to the lounge and most of the desserts and all of the cookies were gone. However, the concierge host had known we were coming back and had saved three cookies for my daughter. Now that's service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the top hotels near Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport and the Mall of America, the Minneapolis Airport Marriott offers complimentary shuttle service to MSP Airport and the Mall of America. Across the street from IKEA, located off of 494 between 35E & 35W, the Minneapolis Airport Marriott is a great place to stay when visiting the Twin Cities. Guest rooms are equipped with luxurious amenities and high-tech business services make it the perfect destination for business and leisure. 19,000 square feet of event space can be transformed to your specifications for business meetings, social events and of course weddings. Enjoy our two lush outdoor courtyards perfect for outdoor wedding ceremonies or receptions. Discover a new standard for hotels on your next trip to the Twin Cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Minneapolis Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Minneapolis Airport Hotel Bloomington
- Marriott Hotel Minneapolis Airport
- Marriott Hotel Bloomington
- Marriott Bloomington
- Bloomington Marriott
- Minneapolis Airport Marriott Bloomington, MN, North America