“Great Place”

Minneapolis Airport Marriott
Ranked #37 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very nice hotel. We were in a room, average size, with two full size beds. Beds were comfortable and they give you a lot of pillows. The bathroom is kind of small. They had a very nice inside pool with a hot tub and the pool area leads out to a very large courtyard, that had lounge chairs and tables. Pool area was kept up very nice. Nice exercise room and plenty of conference rooms. The restaurant Bistro 79 was little over priced but nice. The food was good. The staff was very nice. We stayed Labor Day weekend and the room rate was very reasonable $79.00 night. I like the fact that we were extremely close to the airport and The Mall of America. Hotel had shuttles buses that picked us up at the airport. Also every half hour back and fourth to the Mall. The hotel also made arrangements for cab to take us to the State Fair and pick us back up. I definitely would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Room Tip: There is an Ikea in walking distance (parking lot of Mall of America) that serves breakfast for $1.9...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Minneapolis Airport Marriott

Reviewed September 11, 2012

When I first saw this hotel I was concerned -- the outside looks more like a motel than a Marriott.
But once inside it is great. My room was large and bed was very comfortable. The fitness center is one of the best I've been to in a hotel.
Although near mall of America and the highway the hotel was quiet, even with several large conferences taking place while I was there.
Staff at the hotel were great and parking is free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were there fro a small convention. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. The room was very comfortable and they provided shuttle service to/from the airport and the Great Mall. The pool, jacuzzi and the workout romms were terrrific. It was a great 4 day stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't judge a book by its cover. When pulling up to the hotel in the airport shuttle, I was quite unimpressed by the outside appearance of the building. Once inside, it was like stepping into a whole different venue. The rooms meet all Marriott standards and are very nice, stylish and comfortable.

The thing that really stands out about this hotel is the staff and service. They really go out of their way to cater to you, even in the smallest ways like opening all doors. It's the details and personal touch that matter!

The hotel has a shuttle to the Mall of America every hour, but it's also a very easy walk of less than 10 minutes. Perfect!

Room Tip: If you are located in a room number in the hundreds (versus numbers in the thousands), it can be a b...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Wow! This hotel was the best one I've ever stayed at. I felt like I was in a different world from the time I walked in till the time I left. The people were so polite, courteous, and made my stay one of the best ever. We live in such a busy time these days that we forget what it is like to have someone hold the door open for us....
I stayed her with my boyfriend. I live in NY and he lives in Iowa. Any who it was my turn to come out his way. I arrived early and was greeted at the door by a super friendly lady. I explained to her that my flight was actually early and that I was meeting someone. She asked if she could take my bag to put it in lock up. I gave her that and she directed me to a little bar area where I would have a glass of wine and see when he gets here. The gentalmen behind the bar was so friendly and nice. He let me try all the white wines to see which one I liked the best. He then went on to tell me about the food at the marriot. That they cook over an open fire. And that the cobb salad was delicious. The prices were average. I thought... He made me feel comfortable , I was a little nervous sitting all alone and all. Finally my BF comes waltzing in. We ended up eating dinner there. I had the Asian chopped chicken salad, (the best I've ever had) and he had a burger. Prompt service, fresh, very good.
When we arrived at our room it was on the 5th floor. When we opened the door all we say was these mini little lights attached to the bed (reading lights) It was really neat. We had a king sized bed, granite counters in the bath, coffee maker with specialty coffees and teas, a flat screen TV. Our view was of the courtyard. Which was lite up very nice. The bed was very comfy as were the pillows too. The AC worked very well and was quiet. I had no complaints about anything. In the morning we went down stairs to get breakfast. I had eggs bendict $14.5 and he had the Buffet 15.0. Delicious! The service was prompt. We decided to go to the Mall of America. Free shuttle ever half hour. Always on time, never a minute late. Everytime we returned to the hotel we were greeted with a smile and they held the door open for us.
We stayed here 4 nights. Best hotel ever. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Kids, teens adults, elderly. Perfect for anyone and everyone.

*My only suggestion would be that if you plan on staying here for more then 2 nights that you book it online through the marriot website. They run a deal of $79.00 a night if you book in advance and plan on staying more then 2 nights. The regular rate for a king size bed is $210. a night and $189. for 2 queens. *

Room Tip: Book it online through the Marriot site. Book in advance. We got a King on the 5th floor facing the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HeathersS
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by one of the shuttle drivers who opened and held the door for us. When checking in the woman was wearing a training badge but seemed to have no problem directing us to our room in any way. The room was a bit crowded and had only double beds, not queens. It was very clean and had basically everything we needed but could have used a fridge. Had we not been given a map of the main floor and how to get to our room, I'm sure I would have gotten lost. This hotel is very big. The shuttle service was nice, even though the mall was directly across the street with only the parking lot in between. We walked a couple times but took the shuttle more often. The shuttle drivers were very nice, asked us where we were from and made interesting small talk during the short drive. One night however our shuttle did not come when it was supposed to, to pick up from the mall. We waited for the next one, which didn't come, so we started to walk. About halfway to the hotel we seen the shuttle leave to go to the mall 10 minutes after it was supposed to have been there. The breakfast was pretty good, however if you don't get vouchers for the buffet it will cost you quite a bit. All in all, could not complain about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Toni C
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I reallly enjoyed this hotel! It's very close to the airport, clean, and the staff is friendly too!! I will not hesitate to come back to this hotel the next time I'm in the area! :) great work guys! I'll also recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family