“THE REMODELING , THE PLACE LOOKS GREAT.”

Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South
Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My wife and I stay at this hotel every time we spend time in Minneapolis. We have been staying at this hotel for the past 4 years. The front desk and the hotel staff has always been very nice.
What a great update with the hotel. Most all older hotels need a update sooner or later. We have never had a problem.
We just had a family get together there on Sunday and the staff was very helpful.

The Green Mill food was awesome.

" THANKS ", Holiday Inn and staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South

Reviewed August 14, 2009

I'm not so much rating the hotel itself, as I am the staff. Rooms weren't ready when I tried to check in around 2:30pm, so I went to the bar and had a bite to eat. Very nice bar, food was very very reasonably priced and very good! There was a manager, I believe her name was Amy, and she was very nice to deal with, but there were a couple of check-in staff who acted like it was a pain for them to check in Customers and had absolutely no people skills. It's a shame that I feel necessary to write about their sour dispositions. i wish I had gotten their names so that the management knew who they were and how they represented their hotel in a less than stellar way.

if you are lucky enough not to encounter these couple of check-in employees, I would definately recommend the hotel.

Now in all fairness, I heard that the hotel had been sold out for the past 3 nights, so maybe they were just worked out.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Just spent two nights there recently and my wife and I were very impressed with hotel service and room. We were given a low hotel rate by a internet book it yourself site and can say was completely satisfied on both ends. Staff was courteous and friendly from maids to front desk. Newly remodeled areas looked great. I was a little nervous reading some reviews prior to staying there but I can honestly say that our experience was great! The only things that I can say that you may want to know is that the hotel is roughly a 10-15 minute drive from MOA and Airport. They do run shuttles to the MOA often throughout the day with no charge. The hotel is close to I-35W so at times you can hear traffic(sirens, semis) but I found that to be no big deal. The last thing I would like to mention is, don't be afraid to go here because of some bloggers in the past. This hotel is well worth the price you pay, especially if your family is looking for an affordable place to stay near the MOA! Believe Me!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Purchased thru hotwire at a very reasonabale rate and was most apprehensive upon reading reviews. When I called the hotel, I was told that the remodel was nearly completed and thought how bad could one night be considering the good deal we got.
We were most pleasantly surprised! The service was superior! Friendly, courteous and professional staff. We were upgraded to a luxurious suite just for the asking! It was a wonderful end to a 2 week visit to the land of lakes.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We found this hotel through hotwire. Shame on you hotwire for recommending this hotel on your website. I discovered after I bought the rooms online that there was major remodeling going on and the pool would not be open during our stay. This did not make my 4 teenagers very happy! The hotel was easy to find and the staff were very helpful and friendly. There was a fire at this hotel early in the morning of our stay. This was very scary but the staff were so helpful and made sure everyone made it out to safety. Many of us were in our pajamas and no coats. The staff brought out coats, blankets, and hot coffee. Also had made their shuttle buses available to set in while we waited to go back in. I would not recommend this hotel until the renovations have been completed. The staff told me sometime in June, 2009. We do plan to go back to this hotel at that time as it will be a beautiful hotel when all said and done.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2009

That's right. A bathroom sink sat just outside my door for the whole weekend.
I booked my stay thru hotwire.com and they had this place rated as a 3.5 star stay.
I give it a .5 rating and nothing more.

They put me next to the elevator and next to a very noisy neighbor. We were the only people on the floor.

I will say the staff were very nice, but the place was a dump.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Unfortunately I didn't know they had major reconstruction going on until the cab arrived at the front door, and couldn't find the front door to get in. The staff was super friendly checking in, and the cleaning staff was very friendly when I was on my way to my room. The room was pretty nice, fresh looking bed, bathroom was clean. Refrigerator and microwave were clean. Sitting at the desk to do any work was cold, the windows leaked cold air in and yuck the window sills were filthy. The typical problem of not being able to keep the room at a comfortable temperature that you get in every hotel was expected. What wasn't expected was the construction starting up on the roof at 9AM on Saturday morning. If I hadn't already been awake I would have been been very very upset. I couldn't wait to get ready and get the heck out of that room. Thankfully I hadn't planned any mid-day relaxation in my room because I wouldn't have gotten it. I went online later and found that it does say they are under construction but it was at the bottom of the description and I missed that.

The shuttles were handy and necessary because you're basically in the middle of nowhere if you didn't drive there or didn't want to drive. Their schedule isn't the most convenient but if they could, they worked with you on that. Just wish they had bothered to clean them in the 3 days I was there. The same mall flyers were on the seats all 3 days I rode.

Don't sit in the lobby, the gas fireplace puts out a bad gas smell. The elevators were simply scary at times, creaking and groaning the way they did. The halls were filthy, worn out and freezing cold.

The internet worked alright for me, but I didn't do much so I can't say that I tested it too much either.

The restaurant was good, the staff was excellent and I agree the prices are a little high but it's handy having them on site when you are in the middle of nowhere.

I know for sure I won't return to this property. The fact that they bill themselves as an airport and Mall of America hotel is a mystery to me. They aren't. They're inconvenient.

The one thing that I find incomprehensible is that I took Yellow Cab to the hotel from the train station and it was $26.10. The hotel staff called me a cab to return to the station at the end of my stay and I got a Gold Cab. $39.60 and no, he didn't take me on a "scenic tour" because I know the way!!!!! Why they deliberately choose a much more expensive cab company for their guests is unbelievable. Yes, they obviously have a deal made with Gold Cab so if you need a cab, request they don't call someone else.

The best things I can say about this hotel are that the people that work there are very nice and it's getting a facelift so it will look nice again someday but if you're looking for something close to the Mall of America or the airport, you will need to settle for 10-15 minute shuttle rides.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo