“another great stay”

Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South
Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night before heading to the airport in the morning, on the park and fly package. Check in was quick and easy – they are very efficient with the shuttle/parking process. The lobby was kind of busy from overflow at the attached restaurant, but that did not slow down the front desk staff.

Our room was clean and even though they were full with some kind of student (maybe dance team or something with teen girls?) group it was still pretty quiet. The hallways were a little noisy since we had to go to bed so early to leave for the airport at 4:00 am, but I am confident that if I would have called the front desk to complain they would have addressed the issue.

We did not use the pool or fitness rooms.

We ordered bruschetta from the restaurant and picked it up to bring back to our room – it was really good. Also, the restaurant/bar staff were really helpful when we asked to break a bunch of big bills for smaller bills (its about impossible to do so in Mexico).

Airport shuttle in the morning was great – Kelly was the driver on the way back and she is really nice and very helpful – she pulled right up to each persons cars and helped unload our suitcases. I am sorry I cant remember the name of the morning driver because I was half asleep at that time, but I do remember him being nice (drove us on 1/26 a.m.)

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We greatly appreciate your kind words about our efficient staff, the restaurants fabulous food and our awesome shuttle drivers! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Kelly and Patrick, and we thank you for recognizes them personally. We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and you were able to relax with us before your winter get-away. We truly look forward to your next stay with us and we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here because of the great rate given to educators...thank you! The front desk staff were friendly and our rooms were nice sized (king bed with sleeper sofa). I liked the pool area as it was large enough to allow for groups to sit and talk outside of their rooms. Ate dinner at the Green Mill and it was superb!

We had two rooms and our room had what appeared to be very obvious dark colored wax(?) droplets on the bathroom floor with no attempt to remove them (it just required a bit of elbow grease to remove them), so I am not so sure how clean our room was...Also, I accidentally pushed the off switch on the hot tub (sorry folks!) in the attempt to restart it & went to the desk for help. No one ever came to restart the hot tub (I think it was forgotten). One final thing...saw a memo by the front desk soliciting positive Trip Advisor reviews...just print it out and show it to the front desk to receive for a free appetizer at the restaurant! Seemed really tacky...never seen that before & made me question the reliability of previous reviews!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your thorough and honest feedback. We are so glad that you were able to take advantage of the educators discount. We are happy that you enjoyed the on-site restaurant and your guest room. We would like to offer our apologies for the cleanliness of the bathroom floor and the hot tub not being serviced in a timely fashion. We will be sure to bring it to the attention of the Housekeeping Supervisor, as well as our Front Desk staff. The Trip Advisor memo you mentioned was something that we had just rolled out, in hopes that people would be more willing to share their great experiences. This was in no way a ploy to retrieve positive reviews without an actual positive experience. However, we completely understand and agree with your comments about it possibly bringing in unreliable reviews. We have since stopped the program and we thank you for your opinion. We hope that you return to use the educators’ discount, as it is valid through October of 2014! Thank you again!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I liked this hotel. It certainly is a step up from the Express hotels in that the bathroom is higher end and a few other things that just set it apart.

I picked this hotel as I was coming from Iowa and I didn't want my drive to have to go to far out of their way. This place is convenient, right off the highway. I was well greeted. The service was very good. I was able to leave some material (literature and samples) for my rep to pick up the next day saving me the hassle of either UPSing it to him or dragging it back on the plane for me.

There was a restaurant right next door. The food was fine, service good. The convenience of having the restaurant next door saved me from having to find a restaurant at 7 PM at night, bundle up again - it was very cold etc... I even got a discount on a beverage and the food. What can't you like. The hotel price at the time, I booked the day before was very good value @ $100.00

The hotel is busy, clean and with shuttle services and easy of location, it's a good choice. Just note, you are in a small business district, so there is nothing else around. That was fine for me but for others, especially during warm weather, you may want to reconsider if walking to restaurants or bars is a factor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you so very much for your honest and thorough review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very pleased that our central location was convenient for you. Also, the great service you received within the hotel and in our attached restaurant truly makes us proud. We couldn’t be happier that you received a great value and were able to enjoy the discounts in the Green Mill Restaurant and Bar. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Bloomington; we can take great care of you again! Hopefully by this time the weather will be a bit warmer :) Thank you again!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The front desk help was fantastic. Allen and Meghan was very helpful with all of our questions and lead us in the right way with all of our needs. Close to the Mall of America and the light rail tram to downtown. Conveinent to major roads and interstates.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are very glad that our location was conducive to all of your needs while in Bloomington. We are so pleased that the front desk staff took good care of you, particularly Allen and Meighan. We will be sure to pass along your comments to both of them. We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Bloomington area, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The employees were very welcoming, asking us how they could help or do anything for us. Coffee in the lobby in the morning was very much needed and appreciated.
Our room was clean, comfy and have nothing but good to say about our stay!
Perfect location for shopping at The MOA and all Bloomington stores, right off of the freeway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PrincessJJYermo

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are so glad that you had such fantastic interactions with our staff. We strive to provide the best customer service possible and really appreciate you taking notice. We are glad that you enjoyed our updated sleeping rooms and our central location. We hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn I-35W for your next Girlfriend Weekend, Thank you again!!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great airport shuttle service - able to drop off and pickup guests from area businesses; very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff makes stay enjoyable; hotel is conveniently located near airport, Mall of America, and area industries; large heated spa; a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask staff.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased that our central location was conducive for your stay. We are happy that our shuttle was able to make special transportation for you, to make your stay even more relaxing. Our staff always strives to provide the best experience possible and we are very glad that you took notice. We sincerely hope that you come back to our location the next time your travels bring you to the Bloomington area. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn I-35W!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Was at the hotel as part of a group, so got a very good rate, and certainly at that rate, this hotel was excellent value. The staff were friendly, and the lobby area more inviting and less "sterile" than many I've seen. The room was clean, though a couple of minor items needed some maintenance work. The bed was comfortable, and very little noise noted at night. Pool and hot tub were good. Would stay here again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We greatly appreciate your fantastic feedback! Thank you so much for choosing our location. We are so happy that you had a great experience with staff! We are also pleased that you enjoyed our amenities and your sleeping room. We definitely hope that you choose our location again and we will have a comfortable bed awaiting you! Thank you!