We stay at Holiday Inns a lot, and have found they vary from location to location. In this case, we can honestly say that the filth and rude customer service have convinced us to never stay at a Holiday Inn property again.
Check in took 20 minutes, with only one customer in front of us due to an understaffed front desk. We could have dealt with this, until we walked through the hotel and saw the room & facilities (see photos).
The room smelled musty and dirty, carpet was filthy, bathroom had mold, broken fixtures (photo) peeling paint and a bathtub that looked like it was older than we are (in our 40s) with peeling sealant and cracked porcelain. We refused to even take off our shoes in this place, it was so dirty.
The pool is miniscule and even my 9 and 13 yr old sons refused to walk barefoot in the area AND to go in the pool (photos). There is a weird, dark restaurant seating area next to the pool area as well as several large groups eating and dropping food everywhere near the pool. There was no one on duty or attempting to keep the area picked up.
Finally, the wifi bandwidth is a JOKE...my husband is a physician who needs access to his health network files at a moment's notice when he is traveling. Over the 2 days we stuck it out, he was only able to log on once, despite being connected. The front desk told him just to "sit in the lobby, it's better there". Unfortunately, due to legal health privacy laws, he is unable to sit in the lobby to work online, which is WHY we booked a hotel w/property-wide wifi in the first place!
The Green Mill restaurant, which is affiliated w the hotel and where you get use your breakfast vouchers was equally filthy and after getting 3 of our 4 orders wrong (twice!), we left and went somewhere we had to pay more to eat.
After two nights, our family unanimously decided to check out, mid-stay. We paid more, but very much enjoyed the Best Western directly next to MOA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four story brick building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport (Mall Of America) Hotel Bloomington
- Bloomington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South MN, North America