Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
“Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a buisness trip. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn's and this one is not on the top of the list. I had a room that overlooked the pool and the noise from the kids and whatever else was loud and hard to ignore . My fridge was also making annoying noises so I had to unplug it. There was hair in my bathtub and somehow on the celine. The room also smelled like clorine. Could also use some upgrades.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We thank you for taking your time in giving us your feedback. I apologize that you encountered noise issues during your stay. With our hotel layout, the interior rooms that overlook the pool do tend to be noisier when our pool area is busy. Our exterior rooms are typically quieter, and free of any chlorine smell that interior rooms surrounding the pool area may have. Also, we have revised a few housekeeping procedures, which should improve overall cleanliness going forward. We hope you will consider us again for your accomodation needs during any future travels to Bloomington, MN. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here as I was traveling to Wisconsin. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and let me keep my ski bag in their office instead of hauling it up to my room. I had no problem getting a shuttle ride from the airport to hotel. Had to wait about 15 minutes but it was not an inconvenience. The room was very clean, comfortable updated beds. Everything I would expect in a Holiday Inn for getting a great night's sleep. Quiet too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
minichix,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn I-35W. We appreciate your kind words and positive feedback regarding our facilities. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to Bloomington.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The shuttle brought me right to my hotel with john friendly drivers. When I checked In goolzada? was very informative about the area and got us in our room very quick ... I would like to state that the new renovations look great as I have stayed at this hotel in the past and was not pleased with the finishes of. the hotel.

Great hotel and a great place

kalboi25,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the staff and the facilities here at the Holiday Inn I-35W. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Appleton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for business and this was another fine Holiday Inn. Has Green Mill attached, which is very convienent. Front desk staff was professional, gretted with a smile and pleasant words, processed me through quickly. Room was clean and neat, bed a little bit firmer than what I like, but was fine. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn I-35W. I will be sure relay your praise to the staff here.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Bloomington, MN.
Riverside, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had a good experience with my stay this week at this Hotel. Very easy to get to and the rates were good. Very clean and comfortable. Down side is you are not with in walking distance to anything at all. My room was good. Little disapointed with the shower head. It is in a fixed location and can't change the angle of the spray. My room at first smelled of the Pool. I was located right above the pool outside my window. I did not smell it at all after about 2 minutes. Staff was very nice and the attached resturant was a good place to eat at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott S,

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. We strive for excellence at the Holiday Inn I-35W.

I will be sure to pass along your review to the other staff at the hotel.

We look forward to serving you again, should your travels bring you back to Bloomington, MN.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night and found the hotel to be out of the way, nothing nearby. The man at the front desk seemed overwhelmed and was not friendly.
The rooms are large and bed is comfortable.
The bathrooms need to be updated & thoroughly cleaned.
Got a good price on Priceline so overall it was fine.

• 3 of 5 stars
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
andy_melanie00,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will be sure to address your concerns with our staff and department heads.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn I-35W.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was able to stay here on a budget due to a coupon i had. It was pretty great for a hotel room which i usually hate. Beds were nice, pool was beautiful. However, it was very small and too cold to be comfortable. The hot tub was pretty great though. I didnt like the sectioned off hot tub because i could not watch the kids, and you had to walk entirely around the area to get between the hot tub and pool. Also, no continental breakfast, which was annoying in the morning. But overall i am pleased.

• 5 of 5 stars
mspso, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington - Airport South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
smithn1986,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn I-35W. I will be sure to convey your concerns with the pool temperature to our Chief of Engineering.

In regards to a continental breakfast, we do not offer one because we are a full-service Holiday Inn which has a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hotels without restaurants are typically the only ones with a continental breakfast.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to Bloomington, MN.