“Close to Mall of America”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here overnight for a band competition with nearly 200 people including adults and students. The staff was very accommodating and took good care of us. The location is close to MOA, with it being down the street from MOA and IKEA. Nothing special about the rooms, just your average chain hotel room with two beds. Clean and pretty large facility with indoor pool and hot tub.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I appreciate the review and I'm glad the hotel worked good for the group. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The room was clean, but in the shower on the tiles it looked like there was a little mold. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were small and not comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver was very nice, they offer the shuttle not only to the airport but to the Mall of America and Wal Mart, it id in a great location. Overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel's bedding package will be replaced by the end of the year, and I'm sure you'll find the new pillows more to your liking (there will be a choice between soft and firm). I will also address the potential mold issue you mentioned. Once again, thank you, and I look forward to your return to our Comfort Inn.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Booked based on the pics on internet and being close to the airport...The rooms are totally NOT as pictured, are smelly(as is the whole hotel, beds very uncomfortable, silly small square pillows, most of the night, you could hear pile driving construction noise, trucks backing up beeping noise...spend a few more bucks and go to Hampton.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I'm sorry your stay with us wasn't pleasant. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a great stay. Sometimes things don't work out as planned, but our staff is directed to do whatever it takes to provide a pleasant stay and great experience. I hope you alerted our staff, and I would have expected them to change your room, location, or whatever it took to provide a better stay. Please feel free to contact me, Don Peterson, to discuss this with you.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed one night and did the park and fly. Was very sastified with everything. The breakfast had many items to choose from and was able to make a breakfast sandwich out of the eggs and ham that they had. We had dinner at the Outback and it was very convenient and worked well for us. The shuttle drivers were both pleasant and very accomadating. After reading some of the other reviews that was what we were a little worried about but for no reason. We were picked up at the airport within 20 minutes of us calling them. Room was fine nothing great but for the price it was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for writing a review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I will particularly pass on your positive comments to our driving staff. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn airport and did the Park & Fly package.
The front desk staff & shuttle drivers were very friendly & efficient. We were especially impressed when they brought out some donuts for us as we were getting ready for the 4am shuttle.
We had no complaints about our room. The long term parking was very convenient.
The pool area was nice but we were surprised there was no hot tub. It is an amenity we take for granted at a Comfort Inn. It seemed they had plenty of room to add one.
All considered, we would definitely stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DIVESD
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and am particularly glad that the staff was responsive to your early 4am departure. I hope you had a nice vacation and that you'll choose us again with in the Twin Cities area!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I only stayed here one night, but I have to say the staff is awesome! The shuttle drivers are the best they even took us to Wal-Mart late in the evening with a smile on their face! The room however had a musty, smell that they tried to cover up with some sort of air freshener and the elevator smelled like cloves. Yuck! The vending machines were mostly empty so we had to go to the restaurant next door to get something to drink. If you are only staying there for one night it is tolerable but I did not think it was worth the $100 we paid for it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I appreciate the time you took to review our Comfort Inn. I'm glad you had a great experience with the staff, and I will certainly share your comments with them. I apologize for the unpleasant smell and vending issue and will follow up on both items. Thank you again for the comments, and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

room hadnt been cleaned or checked, was a light out in bathroom, make up smeared over surfaces, hallways were dimmly lit & decor was not good, mis matched paint etc, free breakfast is not available till 6.30 am so useless for anyone on an early flight, stayed in far nicer places for less

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. We strive to provide all of our guests with an enjoyable stay, and I apologize for any disappointments your encountered. Upon learning of any deficiencies, our staff should have either moved you to a different room or done whatever was necessary to make it right with you. Although the breakfast doesn't open until 6:30 am, a limited "grab & go" option is available in our lobby for early morning departures. I appreciate your comments and will certainly review our early morning breakfast options.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!