“The best motel stay on our two week vacation!”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Minot, North Dakota
“The best motel stay on our two week vacation!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This motel has the friendliest front desk ladies. It's an older motel but well kept and very clean! The rooms were nice and the convenience of the shuttle to the MOA was wonderful. The breakfast had a huge selection to choose from. Right next door is the Outback where you can stop and have a nice glass of wine after shopping. Will stay here again on our next trip to Minneapolis.

• Stayed August 2013
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for writing a review. I will forward your comments to the entire staff, but will particularly recognize our front desk team. Please come back and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed August 5, 2013

During our 3 day stay in mid-July 2013, we experienced multiple problems with different items - all of which went unresolved when addressed with staff at the desk either during our stay or in the 3 weeks since.

The shuttle service from/to the airport was as expected but the advertised "free" shuttle service to the Mall of America was horrible, as not only was this hotel full with many guests wishing to use the service, but their standard shuttle buses actually served not only this hotel but also the Quality Inn down the street - with the result being that one time the bus was way overcrowded and we had to stand and hold on for dear life during the ride and for another, the shuttle was filled over capacity (including standing room) and we had to pay for a cab back to the hotel. Bottom line they should run a van for each hotel when they have TWO hotels full of guests wanting to use the advertised "free" service.

We aslo experienced multiple day problems with little or no Internet. Called 800 help # multiple times and after checking they referred me back to the hotel staff as they determined it was a local router issue. When I inquired at the desk I was not assisted in any way.

I inquired at the desk also to be contacted by the general manager multiple times with no result.

The hotel was clean and the breakfast was just barely adequate for a fully sold out hotel.

After we returned home, I even sent an email to the management requesting a resolution to our stay - it went unanswered. This just added to the low opinion we were left with of this property and its staff.

Bottom line: too many hassles and problems - even as a Choice Hotels Diamond Privileges Member, my suggestion is to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you wish to use the Internet do not let them put you in any of the rooms near the corners of the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Psrman Y
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I sincerely apologize that our shuttle, internet, and breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations, and when we don't we always review our process to see how we can improve. I also feel terrible that you have been unsuccessful in your attempts to contact me and thank you for making me aware of this. I haven't received any forwarded messages from the staff nor do I have any email records of such a request, so I'm not sure where the breakdown occurred, however if you would like to forward your email message to GM.MN015@choicehotels.com I will most certainly receive it and will be happy to follow up.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband got stuck in Minneapolis a few nights ago - an airline issue. I immediately came to TripAdvisor trying to figure out which hotel to book him into. The first several that I tried were sold out and the two the airline was offering had horrible ratings. I found this Comfort Inn had good reviews and only four rooms left. By calling direct they couldn't match the online rates so I held my breath and booked through booking.com (I'd never booked through them before). The hotel was very responsive to this last minute, cheaper, reservation through an outside source. They immediately sent the shuttle and by the time my husband arrived the reservation had arrived by fax and they immediately put him in to a great room. He was very happy with the service, the cleanliness, and the comfort. The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 star review is that the WiFi was kind of a mess. It dropped over and over until he finally gave up. But he was otherwise very, very happy with his stay here and it was MUCH better than the airport floor! I'm very grateful for their professionalism and good care on short notice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate the review, and am glad we were able to assist your husband in a bad situation. I'm sorry he encountered some internet issues. We've had some recent issues and are in the process of upgrading the system. I hope you and/or your husband will visit us again when in the Twin Cities area.
Cloquet, Minnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel time and time again, mainly for the convenience of flying out of the airport, it has a great park and fly policy. Our plans changed this last trip, and we were not able to go. We cancelled our two rooms, but noticed that our card was charged for a room that we didn't use. It was a short phone conversation with BEN, who was great, and we had it taken care of. Just another reason to stay here again. Thanks Ben.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to relay your experience. I'm apologize for the billing confusion, but am glad we resolved the issue quickly and to your satisfaction. I will pass on your "kudos" to Ben, and please come back and see us again!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a long flight delay and came in late. Requested a late departure. They said no problem. Very close to the airport and right on the price. Room is clean and beds are comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad that the staff accommodated your request and we all look forward to your next stay with us.
Omaha
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here for the price and for the convenience of being near the Light Rail as we were going to Twins games in the city. The room was fine, the service was good and the stay was perfectly in line with what we paid.It is very close to Ikea and the Mall. Sitting in the lobby reading the paper the airport shuttle drivers are great to talk to even if you are not using their service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to write a review. I'm glad you were able to utilize the light rail service to go to the Twins game and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the Twins won and that you will come back and visit us again!!
Philip, South Dakota
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family stayed here before and after a trip to Europe. The hotel had a convenient shuttle to the airport with prompt service. It is also very close to the Mall of America. The breakfast had a wide selection. The room was clean, but full size beds are pretty tiny. We had planned to put our teenage daughter and her friend in one bed, but after one look at the room I called down for a rollaway. Adjacent to the lobby is a nice, shady courtyard where we ate our takeout lunch before heading to the airport.

Room Tip: A couple might be able to get a king or queen bed. The doubles have full size beds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank possranch
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you generally enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to utilize our Courtyard. I'm sorry you found the beds small. We do have rooms with King size beds, so please keep that in mind during your next visit. Thank you again for choosing our Comfort Inn!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington East - Airport
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!