“Great Value”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #33 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Check-in experience one of the best I have ever encountered - Austin I think. We arranged to leave our vehicle there for 4 weeks and this was very clearly explained and worked into the room rate. We were given a choice of floor to be on. Room was clean, and spacious. Great location near Mall of America and a short shuttle to airport.

Room Tip: Room looking over back is good as it avoids the highway out front.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EricL49
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'll be sure to share your comments with Justin and the other staff members. Come back and see us again!!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Airport

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I want to start by saying I didn't stay Overnight at the hotel.

But I wanted to comment on the great service from the staff. The shuttle driver and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The meeting room was clean and comfortable.

I did wander a bit and the pool area was nothing to brag about. The large windows had open spaces where the wind was allowed to flow through and it didn't seem like a fun area for kids. Just basic and outdated.

The hotel is not within walking distance to the mall, at least not in winter, but they do have a shuttle.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle D
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for the review, and I'm glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating. I hope we have the privilege of having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our travel agent always books us at this hotel every year when we do a park and fly for a trip somewhere, and we are always really pleased with the service. The hallways and elevators are a little run down, but the rooms are really nice and clean and comfortable, the staff is excellent..they are so great at greeting you and making checking in and out a great experience. They have a great shuttle service to and from the airport. There is an outback steakhouse restaurant connected to the hotel, we have utilized that a couple of times...the value and price is really good, so if you want a good, reliable place to stay...this is it!! their breakfast is also very good-lots of choices and the staff keep it stocked up with lots of breakfast items....

Room Tip: no problems with any rooms we've ever had!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gkd624

I'm glad that you enjoy your stays with us and are regular guests. I appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay! (please note that we have replaced 3 of the 5 elevators, so on your next visit all the elevators will be new).

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn when we were in the Cities for a Vikings football game last weekend. Our room was very clean, bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very good. Having the Outback Steakhouse connected was very convenient, especially since it stormed while we were there and didn't feel like venturing back out to eat.The location of the hotel is very close to the Mall of America, only about a mile. The hotel does not have a hot tub, only a pool, which we thought to be a little strange. There was quite a bit of noise from the hallways in the morning, but not any noise throught the walls from neighbors. There is a free shuttle to the mall, but we drove. All in all, it was a decent place for the money and the location was great. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Comfort Inn. I monitor all guest comments, and I'll certainly make note of your hot tub comment and pass that on to ownership for future consideration. It was a bit noisier than usual in the morning as we had a large and enthusiastic group of Bear's fans that departed for the game that morning. Thank you again for the review, and I hope you'll choose us again on your next visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stay here each year at least once or twice, because we fly to MN to visit family and look forward to the last night of not having to travel anywhere! We drop off our rental car at the airport the night before our flight, the motel shuttle picks us up promptly from the airport and always has very friendly drivers. This time was just as nice as our previous visits. We like the fact we can walk to Outback and have a nice, quiet time with a few drinks and dinner.
The third floor room we had was spacious, clean and quiet. I like the fan/heat/air system because you can adjust it to fan only so any inside or outside noise is muted. Clean room and quiet friendly staff. We are always offered a newspaper when we check out (we catch early morning flights) and coffee. We will be back, save us a room!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne P
comfhot, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. Thank you for the kind comments and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

First let me be fair, and set the scene on how I ended up at this hotel. I travel a lot on business international and domestic (this year almost all domestic) so I have been to places and towns with limited hotel choices. I ended up at this Comfort Inn hotel because of Delta Airlines and on the last leg a beautiful trip coming from Las Vegas and staying in a hotel room that cost over $400 per night to one that is about $40 ok ($79).

In addition, I have actually been to this city before for business and stayed at the hotel directly behind it Marriott Residence Inn (a much better stay), back to the story; Delta airlines after delaying my flight from Vegas and then another delay to the gate when I landed, I missed my flight by 5 mins (I had a 50min layover when I booked this flight which should have been plenty of time), and yes it was the last flight to back to DC for any airport in the DC metro area. I had another flight to make in now in one day. So Delta told me to bad so sad “scan your boarding pass and get your vouchers at the machine”, all I got was $25 for food. I went to the counter and they said did you scan you boarding pass, all the while I’m hold what it printed out in her face. I told her I got a food voucher. So she went into the system and got me a hotel voucher for this Comfort Inn. Ok how am I going to get there! Follow the signs to hotel shuttles and call the hotel (Thank God for smartphones!!!). Oh and your food voucher can be used repeatedly in the airport but only once outside the airport. So what kind of food is near the hotel since I don’t have a car. Delta, “you know we don’t know!!!” Wow Really!!!! I took a chance followed the signs to hotel shuttles as most of restaurants in the airport were closed since the airport was down to its last flight leaving and coming. I called the hotel on my cell phone and they sent the shuttle. It was a pretty quick shuttle ride about 15mins. On the ride over I saw that this hotel is in front of where I stayed before and it is connect to an Outback Steakhouse. Oh some relief, eatable food. I got to the check in counter and got checked in and got a king size bed room. It was a bit of a walk to it. Oh yeah and Delta didn’t give me my luggage so I had the clothes on my back and a Delta amenity bag (they didn't give this to everyone) (super thin t-shirt, comb, toothbrush and paste, razor, shaving cream, I got better amenities in business class Astana Airlines and I didn’t even have a layover).
The room it was disappointing to say the least, everything was extremely basic: bed, furniture, TV (I felt like I was back in my college dorm room although the furniture was better built in my college dorm room). The TV was a flat screen 27” with a few channels coming in clear however, the dresser it was sitting on was lower than the bed. The sheets appeared to be clean but that was about it. The bathroom tub yuck!!! Did anyone hear of bleach it would get those black stains out of there in a jiffy? I wouldn’t let the carpet touch my feet or socks so I spread newspaper from my bed to the bathroom toilet. I went to the Outback and got dinner with the voucher. But Delta didn’t give me one for breakfast the next day. Dinner wasn’t too bad I ate at the desk in the room still walking on newspaper. I left first thing in the morning and the shuttle runs every 30mins to the mall and Airport starting at 2am. They had coffee and such in the lobby as you were waiting for the shuttle and also in the room if you are so inclined. I fumigated myself once I got home.

Now to be fair I was placed in this hotel I would have never even looked at it. I stayed for one night it was quiet, had shuttle service, decent front desk staff, sheets were clean and it is connected to an Outback, oh and free Wi-Fi those were the positives. Negatives: Housekeeping and room appearance (barely fixed holes in walls, with different color paint, dirty room carpet, basic pressed wood furniture (chipped and won’t last long) and WTF bathtub… It is your choice on whether to ever stay here. You decide!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Aprilerain

It sounds like you had a frustrating trip and I apologize for any way the Comfort Inn contributed to this. I forwarded your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance staffs and will personally follow through on this.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very clean, Value-priced hotel with a lot of amenities, including free shuttle service to and from the airport and the Mall. My room was clean and quiet; no odd smells of past smokers or anything. Breakfast was very good; it also has an Outback attached to the property, which made getting dinner very convenient. Staff was very good as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate the comments. Thank you and please keep us in mind the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!